All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently June 26th, 2019, 06:53

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Strategic Angels [retired thread]
PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 19:17 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Lord_Vadder

Hello everybody!

Welcome to the Strategic Angels guild

List of members :

Yann (Founder)
Ordaricc
Lord_Vadder
Lahopaa
LankeOnLuck
Squiddy
Lomtre
CaptainRegal
Paradoxical
Orwald
orangebutton
Hatharo
Nenananas
cashflo
bettermoon
fatlamas1234
MasterSamurai_LU
Azara
Cukta
Falkenbur
Coolwhip3
Eman1159
Solaus
Nashtanir
ComputerEaterOne
ArcProxima
Cradstache
Mezahmay
sdarks

Can you be a strategic angel ?

The guild is for you if :
- you like playing ranked matches and talking about decks,
- you like chatting ingame, about scrolls but also about a lot of topics you like :) you would like to meet regularly in a chat room in-game [strategic angels chatroom],
- you are friendly and would like to participate in fun tournaments inside the guild
- you are willing to help other members
- you want to challenge the players of other guilds, which are TBG (The Badger Guild), TTT (The Think Tank), Rats and Bunnies, WnF and Scrolls.fr

Requirements

- a rating of 1500 or more
- being nice to new players and friendly in-game with everybody
- playing the game at least once a week and talking with other members in the chat room
- being ready to share your knowledge of the game with members but also with other scrolls players : for example to help beginners get started with scrolls
- going to the scrollsguide forum regularly to be able to : check your private messages, get organized regarding the news, tournaments and contribute to the guild threads
- participating to the weekly meeting on Saturdays 17:00 GMT [strategic angels chatroom]
- sharing a competitive deck with Squiddy for the SA deck list once every 2 months

What the guild is not

- this is not an elite guild : we consider that it is not difficult to get to a rating of 1500, if you really want to join the guild and you are not 1500+, you can still apply and we'll help you and give advice to go up to that level
- this is not a guild with a limited number of members : even if we get to the number of 20 or higher, new people can still apply, provided that they meet the requirements
- this guild won't ask you to do any weekly homework like testing decks and making reports, but we assume that you share your best decks once and a while [minimum: one every 2 months!] with new players outside the guild (SA deck list)

The goals of our guild

- We want to improve our rating and become top rated players
- We want to develop the friendly community surrounding the game
- We want to give examples of good decks on the forum and talk about strategy inside the guild but also outside the guild
- We want to meet friends that we can chat with in-game ! :)

If you want to apply, just post your application here, including :
- a presentation of yourself
- what kind of decks you like to play

An example for your presentation [Yann]:

Presentation : I've been playing Scrolls since the month of April or so and I like the game quite much. To me, the interest of this game, besides the fact it's a cool strategy game, is the ranked system.

Indeed, if you want to increase your rating you must look for improvement in your playstyle and imagine new decks and/or improve existing ones, which I find very exciting.

Another nice side of this game is the friendly community ! Even if some people are not always that friendly :)

The kind of decks I like to play :

I really enjoy playing Order aggressively, so I developed an early aggro Order that works nicely enough in ranked matches. I'm also trying to build a good lategame order but I prefer playing aggro :)

Thank you for reading, and see you ingame ! :)

Yann and Vadder

Last edited by LordVadder on June 10th, 2014, 07:45, edited 27 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Strategic Angels *Always open to friendly players*
PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 19:19 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
New thread smell!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 10:59 
Scholar

In-game name: Nenananas
Normally, I'm not into Guild :P but the title said *Always open to friendly players* so I had to join :D
Presentation: I'm never angry ;) (at least not in Scrolls :P ) and love having fun conversations :) though the trouble with cardgames is you have to play and think, and sometimes have not much time to talk :s but i guess you have plenty of time in the opponents turn :P I play Scrolls since June 30 - 2013 (yeah I had to look that up :P ) and been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (if that matters :P ) for around 6 years, and I'm a well known duelist in my country, although Belgium is small :P (wow this a little deja vu, I wrote something like this on my profile :P ) I don't know if it's bad or not, but sometimes I'm sining in the trading channel, if I want something :P but it works :)
The kind of decks I like to play :
Well I chose Energy as my pre-con, which I do like pretty much ( <3 Cannoneta) but when Decay came, I liked that one pretty much too (especially Witch Doctor :D ) the deck that I use most of the time now in Ranked is Decay/Growth with Growth as my main (before the new Scrolls - not the 4 but the big one :P - it was Decay main with some Growth) that's why I have 3 rank 3 of each of the following: Sister of the Fox, Languid, Frost Gale, Ilmire Rot Eater (shiny :D ).
I guess that's it, hope it isn't too long :P hope to see you in game sometime ;)

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 19:11 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Cashflo
I posted my application in the old forum, haven`t seen this one.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 22:56 
Scholar

In-game name: Yann
Hello Nenananas and cashflo,

Thank you for your presentations ! ;) Welcome to the guild ! It's a pleasure to see new members.

Feel free to talk with us in-game and join our chat room ;)

Cheers,

Yann

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 15:12 
Spearman

In-game name: bettermoon
hello, i have been playing scrolls since a week from release, with ups and downs, in the last months i have beed playing judgment, and a week ago starded to play ranked again after reset, reached 1636 with out any problem, and i wish to join here.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 16:01 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Cashflo
Yann1989 wrote:
Hello Nenananas and cashflo,

Thank you for your presentations ! ;) Welcome to the guild ! It's a pleasure to see new members.

Feel free to talk with us in-game and join our chat room ;)

Cheers,

Yann

Thank you :D
What`s the name of the chatroom? I can`t find it ^^

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 18:11 
Scholar

Quote:
Thank you :D
What`s the name of the chatroom? I can`t find it ^^

Hello :)

It's "strategic angels" ;)

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 18:12 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
I've been reached the 1700s now, but I doubt I'll climb any higher because whenever I encounter e-structure I end up in a prolonged game and lose will to continue playing :P

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 18:24 
Scholar

Squiddy wrote:
I've been reached the 1700s now, but I doubt I'll climb any higher because whenever I encounter e-structure I end up in a prolonged game and lose will to continue playing :P

Congrats ! It's not easy to go to this 1700 rating 8-) . Although I guess it's more appropriate to talk about it in our news and discussion thread

Last edited by Yann1989 on January 15th, 2014, 15:32, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 18:28 
Scholar

bettermoon wrote:
hello, i have been playing scrolls since a week from release, with ups and downs, in the last months i have beed playing judgment, and a week ago starded to play ranked again after reset, reached 1636 with out any problem, and i wish to join here.

Hello bettermoon,

Thank you for your interest. It think you will understand that we need a longer presentation to decide whether we can take you as a member. Don't forget it's not all about the rating ;)

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 20:27 
Spearman

In-game name: bettermoon
ok, im a friendly guy, i realy like strategy game, MTG introduced me to TCGs, i like to theorycraft, so why do that alone. growth was my 1st faction, is kinda the 1st love u can never forget, i can play what ever beside decay .

PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 11:00 
Skirmisher

Hello bettermoon,

thank you for your short but precise presentation. It seems you're more the laconic type. But I'm sure we'll get to know each other in the next weeks. So welcome to the Strategic Angels! Good to have you with us! :)

Best regards,

Vadder

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 05:42 
Skirmisher

In-game name: fatlamas1234
Hello my in game name is fatlamas1234.
I have been playing since October 24th. I enjoy collectable card games, I played magic the gathering as well. I started off playing energy. I soon got more into the game and bought the decay pre-constructed deck. I was building up both decks at the same time. I have also bought the growth pre constructed but I have not gotten into it yet. I am up to 1550 rating, mainly decay using a non watchergeddon deck. I also play energy structures, but as you already know, energy is not the best faction at the moment. With my spare gold I invest in a growth deck. I would love to chat, and why dont we have a challenge so you can see my deck. Anyways, hope to see you on, and congratz on the victory at braggin brawl.

-fatlamas1234

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 12:24 
Skirmisher

Hello fatlamas1234,

thank you for your second presentation (the first one was sadly deleted with our older recruitment thread). I'm happy that you climbed the ladder over 1500 and welcome to our guild! :) I'm looking forward to see your deck. I am also a no watcher-decay player so let's have some friendly challenges in the near future. In our ingame-chat room "Strategic Angels" are usually some of us waiting for a nice chat or match.

Best regards,

Vadder

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next