Solaus
Squiddy
TheCheesymaster
therealdip
ugster
Wistrel
Zarc
Zenometra

(Please note, that I removed inactive players, who haven't played a game for like 3 months or just don't show up on our guild activities anymore. If you want to rejoin, just leave a message and we gladly add you again)

Can you be a strategic angel ?

The guild is for you if :
- you like playing ranked matches and talking about decks,
- you like chatting ingame, about scrolls but also about a lot of topics you like :) you would like to meet regularly in a chat room in-game [strategic angels chatroom],
- you are friendly and would like to participate in fun tournaments inside the guild
- you are willing to help other members
- you want to challenge the players of other guilds, which are e.g. TBG (The Badger Guild), TTT (The Think Tank), RnB (Rats and Bunnies)

Requirements

- a rating of 1500 or more
- being nice to new players and friendly in-game with everybody
- playing the game at least once a week and talking with other members in the chat room
- being ready to share your knowledge of the game with members but also with other scrolls players: for example to help beginners get started with scrolls
- check out our Subreddit regularly to keep informed about events like our monthly Wings Cup
- Join our Skype group and chat with us about anything and everything (can be about cool combos you figured out, or just how your day was). This is not exactly a requirement, but you will miss like 80% of the fun, if you don't have Skype

What the guild is not

- this is not an elite guild : we consider that it is not difficult to get to a rating of 1500, if you really want to join the guild and you are not 1500+, you can still apply and we'll help you and give advice to go up to that level
- this is not a guild with a limited number of members : even if we get to the number of 30 or higher, new people can still apply, provided that they meet the requirements
- this guild won't ask you to do any weekly homework like testing decks and making reports, but we assume that you share your best decks once and a while

The goals of our guild

- We want to improve our rating and become top rated players
- We want to develop the friendly community surrounding the game
- We want to give examples of good decks and talk about strategies inside the guild but also outside the guild
- We want to meet friends that we can chat with! :)

If you want to apply, just post your application here, including :
- a presentation of yourself
- what kind of decks you like to play

An example for your presentation [Yann]:

Presentation : I've been playing Scrolls since the month of April or so and I like the game quite much. To me, the interest of this game, besides the fact it's a cool strategy game, is the ranked system.

Indeed, if you want to increase your rating you must look for improvement in your playstyle and imagine new decks and/or improve existing ones, which I find very exciting.

Another nice side of this game is the friendly community ! Even if some people are not always that friendly :)

The kind of decks I like to play :

I really enjoy playing Order aggressively, so I developed an early aggro Order that works nicely enough in ranked matches. I'm also trying to build a good lategame order but I prefer playing aggro :)

Thank you for reading, and see you ingame ! :)

Last edited by cashflo on June 23rd, 2015, 07:01, edited 17 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Strategic Angels [Always open to friendly players]
PostPosted: October 29th, 2014, 19:32 
Spearman

In-game name: Nashtanir
Woah, seems like I was on a hiatus a bit too long. Well, I'm back and kicking now if you are looking to invite old members back.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2014, 22:39 
Scholar

In-game name: Yann
Nashtanir wrote:
Woah, seems like I was on a hiatus a bit too long. Well, I'm back and kicking now if you are looking to invite old members back.

Welcome back man :)

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2014, 01:44 
Newcomer

In-game name: Melmes
Hi guys. I'll join if you'll have me.
I've been playing since the games's Alpha, but took about a year hiatus right after decay came out. Been recently getting back into the game and loving it! My rating is ~1650. I like playing all kinds of decks.. recently been playing mostly Gravelock Energy and Beast Growth.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 19:50 
Scholar

Hello Melmes!

It would be great to have you with us, come in "strategic angels" ingame chat and meet our members ;)

PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 03:23 
Spearman

In-game name: b4ux1t3
Hello guys!

Before I start, I just want to say: I am not rating 1500 (yet). To be honest, I haven't played a lot of ranked. That said, I have over 50% wins in over 400 games. Not a whole lot compared to some, but I think it's pretty decent. Of the ranked games that I have played, I have well over a 50% win:loss ratio. I am currently padding out my ranked games as I type.

I would love the help of an experienced guild to finally start my ranked career. I fully intend to be at 1500 by Christmas. (Edit: I am currently 1019, up from 300 earlier tonight. I might actually make 1500 tonight!)(Edit 2: 1317 now. 1500 [and deletion of this caveat], here I come)

Now, about me:

I have been playing since September 2013. I took a couple months off over the summer to deal with school stuff, but I am back now and plan on staying for a while. My playstyle tends towards late-game growth (for competitive play) and super-happy fun times for casual play. I love building decks that do silly things.

IRL I am a software developer, currently in school getting a piece of paper that proves I can develop software. In my free time I like to write stories, code, and angry (but respectful) YouTube comments. Oh, and, I guess, play Scrolls. :)

Have an idea for a mod? Want to get into modding but don't know where to start? Come join us in the in-game chat channel for mod development discussion: /join scrollscode

PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 13:28 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Cashflo
Hey b4ux1t3!

You really seem enthusastic, I like it :D
I don't really know what to say, but we are glad to have you in the group, oh and we have a couple other software devs here(including me ;) ).

It would be great If you could send me a PM with your skype name, as most of our conversation is going on there.

See you ingame :)

PostPosted: December 21st, 2014, 04:15 
Newcomer

In-game name: ComputerEaterOne
Hello. I have not played in a few months (until the full release) and I noticed that some of the recent posts were, some people reapplying because they hadn't played in a while either, so I was just wondering if I had to say something about it. If yes, than count this as that(the thing I had to say).

PostPosted: December 21st, 2014, 21:34 
Newcomer

In-game name: Kledonian
Presentation : Ive been playing scrolls since 2013/09/(cant remeber this one) but since rebellion i stopped playing due to being too busy and started playing since waypoints again. Im interested in building deck and doing fun tournaments.

once is started playing i used to be a huge decay fan. Now it really has died on me. My favourite deck now are aggro growth, late game order and ranged energy. One of my goal in scrolls is to make a really good and competetive late game growth since i really miss it.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2014, 21:35 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
Welcome to the guild Kledonian :D
If you give us your Skype username, in a PM or in a post, we'll add you to the Skype usergroup. I'll get on cashflo to put you in the list.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2015, 17:40 
Newcomer

In-game name: Juubee
Hey guys! Just got back into playing this game more often after doing it only occasionally through the beta stage, as I want to get better and games being less fun alone I hope that I can join your guild.

Mostly played Mono Growth but I've recently been trying out Blinky's GD Somata control, hopefully I'll get some help (and give back as well), testing combo decks to crush Order :D

PostPosted: January 4th, 2015, 20:43 
Infantryman

In-game name: TheCheesymaster
Hey peoples. Id like to join the the Strategic Angels. I've played Scrolls on and off since the beta. Recently I started to be a bit more compititve and play some ranked and stream it a bit. I got up to about 1700 and I hope I can get some higher.

I play mostly aggrowth and tempo order is my second most played deck. I also like playing some LGO and LGG, just not very slow decks like MES or draw decks.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2015, 23:09 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
Welcome to Strategic Angels TheCheesymaster and Juubee!

If you'll both send me a PM with your skype usernames, you'll be invited to our super exclusive Skype group chat, where most of our guild related talks are held.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 02:11 
Scholar

Welcome Juubee and TheCheesyMaster! :)

Btw I like cheese too

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 22:13 
Infantryman

In-game name: Apollysis
Hi. I have been playing since the open Beta but only started playing ranked seriously a few weeks ago. My current rank is 1544. As to the type of decks I play my fave is automaton decks but I tend to lean towards "themed" decks. I tend to only use my automaton one in ranked as my undead one is barely even viable in quickmatch but it sure is fun. I do not really pay too much attention to the meta (hope that is ok) as I feel it stifles creativity too much and the game is not as fun for me if I just follow the meta. I do not play much or am on Skype during the week but my plan is to devote my Friday or Sat nights to ranked matches. PS: My real name is Gabriel so it seems appropriate to be a Strategic Angel.