All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently November 17th, 2017, 18:47

Post subject: A fond farewell
PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 13:43 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
Hi Scrolldiers,

As you may be aware, after Scrolls announcement, I’ve been working with a number of other communities and game developers in order that I can help them create a community that is as intelligent, fun, and dynamic as you all are.

In doing so, I’ve been lucky enough to be offered a Community Manager position with the guys and girls at Abrakam who are creating Faeria, so will have to step down as CM for Scrolls. It’s a no brainer to want to be part of a team like theirs, given the developing community they have, and a game which is ‘right up my street’.

It’s sad for me, though, as I’ve been a part of the Scrolls community since Oct 2012 and loved working with both the Mojang Devs and players. I’d like to hope that I’m leaving with a hell of a lot more friends than I arrived with and, given the transitory nature of games, isn’t that the real goal for online gaming?

So, whilst I’ll still hang around infrequently in #scrollsguide, the subreddit, the forum, and Scrolls itself (it’s still playable guys! ;) ), you’ll prob need to give me a poke via twitter or ‘other sites’ if you want to chat about anything.

I wish you all the best and, as always, Good Luck & Have Fun :)

Gareth

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: A fond farewell
PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 14:03 
Infantryman

In-game name: oceanernie
Well that is good and bad news! So when do we get some more faeria! I was a original kickstarter and feel like the game has never gotten started. Looking forward to you getting that space energized! Good luck with the new opportunity.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 17:22 
Spearman

In-game name: carnalizer
Good luck to the both of you! It's been great working with you, and I'm very happy we at least got to meet at Minecon! Godspeed! <3

PostPosted: September 29th, 2015, 00:38 
Vanguard

In-game name: clamlol
Although I was never really involved in the reddit community or tournaments, I know you've put a lot of time and effort into making this game better. Have a good time at your new job!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2015, 14:52 
Vanguard

In-game name: Morre
Best of luck, G. It's been a pleasure!

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 01:56 
Newcomer

In-game name: Avod Rashod
I miss this game, mostly for the community but also for the great experiences I had playing it. I have been thinking about this and I feel that if Mojang were to incorporate this game into another large single/multiplayer game I feel that it would be much more popular. This video made me think about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDz6RWncVM

I don't know if this is a good use for the game or whether or not Mojang will work on an IP that can support mini games like this but I know I would buy it knowing that this game would be worth it even if the main game falls short.