All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently November 24th, 2014, 09:37

Post subject: Test Server Update 0.103
PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 10:11 
General

In-game name: Blinky
The test server has been updated again. In this patch some modifications have been made to some of the new scrolls in order to balance them with the intention of releasing them asap. Still no change on Puppet Soldier either :(. Oh, and there is also a new scroll which is nice.

Corrode

Cost has been reduced to 3 and now draws you a scroll if you destroy an idol during the turn that its been cast.

Return to Nature

Text hasnt changed however your growth will now increase if you destroy during the turn that you play this scroll, not just if you destroy a creature when you cast it.

Storm Runner

Attack has been increased to 2

Mire Curse

Mire Curse no longer deals damage to structures however you can still enchant structures with it.

Necrogeddon

No longer destroys all creatures and draws your opponent two scrolls. Instead does the above, cost has also been reduced from 7 to 6.

Redeploy

Cost reduced to 3

Magnetizer

The new scroll. Not intentionally released for this patch but oh well :)

Thats it for this patch, look out for updates soon to come on the main server however for now if you wish to discuss these changes then feel free to do so in the comment section below or here in our Test Server Discussion thread.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Test Server Update 0.103
PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 10:38 
Spearman

In-game name: Efimero
I like all the changes. Specially all of them.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 11:02 
Infantryman

In-game name: Puttanesca
So does Corrode just make essence feast just seem completely over costed?

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 11:11 
Spearman

In-game name: Narratick
Some nice changes. :)

One I don't like : if Corrode was bad then, now it just seems broken.. Turn 1 Gravelock Raider. Turn 2: Copper + Copper, Turn 3 Corrode. That's 1 Idol down, 1 Idol at 2 Health, at turn 3. (+ the draw) And its 3 cost seems almost splashable for other factions, which doesn't really help energy. Like this, it looks like the most powerful scroll in the game. Again, i am not on the test server so that's my opinion on paper.

I like the Magnetizer very much, seems fun !

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 11:35 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Threads
if you get lucky enough to draw that from your openening hand you deserve two idols.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 11:38 
Newcomer

I don't think necroggedon lives up to it's name anymore. It should still affect both sides but the idea off the husks are good. Why not give bot players husks with the same countdown as the creatures that was destroyed had. That would level the playing field without giving any player to much of a disadvantage. What do you guys think about that?

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:00 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

In-game name: Sysp
Narratick wrote:
Some nice changes. :)

One I don't like : if Corrode was bad then, now it just seems broken.. Turn 1 Gravelock Raider. Turn 2: Copper + Copper, Turn 3 Corrode. That's 1 Idol down, 1 Idol at 2 Health, at turn 3. (+ the draw) And its 3 cost seems almost splashable for other factions, which doesn't really help energy. Like this, it looks like the most powerful scroll in the game. Again, i am not on the test server so that's my opinion on paper.

I like the Magnetizer very much, seems fun !

Rest assured, Corrode is not the most powerful scroll in the game.

Also, calling 3 Energy "splashable" is a stretch since nothing above one cost gets splashed competitively at the moment (a three-deep splash sets you back six scrolls or three if you get everything through memorials or the like).

It will be interesting to see how Corrode plays out, I would doubt that it couldn't be released onto live in its current state without breaking anything.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:10 
Infantryman

In-game name: madiele
the change to the energy's scrolls are nice
corrode: still a bit "meh" mostly because it's stills effect only idols, with the cost reduction now at least is playable and you can make a bombard+corrode combo quite easily, the draw a scroll thigh is a bit laughable, I mean it would only draw you a scroll no more than 2 times in a game, I know energy needs more draw power, but that's not how you resolve this problem. anyway corrode could really shine in a deck focused on fast idols killing.
storm runner: I really like this scroll now, I can see a lot of bombard combo played by energy player in the future

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:25 
Spearman

In-game name: Gaverion
geddon seems really really bad now on paper. corrode I am still very iffy on, extremely situational but draws a card so maybe?.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:28 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

Sad that Animovore can't enchant a Structure (creature only), that would have been such a fun combo with Necrogeddon.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:30 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

Magnetizer in its current form might see play in GO Joes! ;) (think about all those attack buff enchantments)

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:37 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

"Wind in my hair, grenade in the sky - that's the way I live and die."

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:41 
Spearman

In-game name: Narratick
Sysp wrote:

Rest assured, Corrode is not the most powerful scroll in the game.

Also, calling 3 Energy "splashable" is a stretch since nothing above one cost gets splashed competitively at the moment (a three-deep splash sets you back six scrolls or three if you get everything through memorials or the like).

It will be interesting to see how Corrode plays out, I would doubt that it couldn't be released onto live in its current state without breaking anything.

I said "almost splashable", not "splashable". And I know what Splashing means, I was using the term to make a point for its low cost.

Concentrate Fire --> Double attack for 1 Unit, cost 4.
Corrode --> Double damage on idols for All units + draw a card, cost 3..

Seriously ? That's doesn't seems overpowered to you ? And don't tell me that one is rare and the other uncommon. Btw, what happens if you play two on 1 turn ? Quadruple damage ? For no loss of card advantage ?

Don't get me wrong, Energy is my favourite faction for now. I could play mute and be happy about that OP scroll but I don't want an unbalanced thing ruin the game.

If had access to that test server, I'll tell you if I confirm what seems wrong on paper with Corrode, or not. Maybe it's balanced, it's just an impression.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 12:50 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

Narratick wrote:
I said "almost splashable", not "splashable". And I know what Splashing means, I was using the term to make a point for its low cost.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. We have different opinion what a splash mean I guess - I would never play only 3 scrolls that cost 3 as my only scroll in that resource, in that case I might have to go up to 15-20 scrolls to justify the additional resources spent (and lower the top end of the other resource) in which case we are starting to talk about a multiresource deck, not a monoresource deck with a splash (again, my definitions - yours might differ).

Narratick wrote:
Concentrate Fire --> Double attack for 1 Unit, cost 4.
Corrode --> Double damage on idols for All units + draw a card, cost 3..

Seriously ? That's doesn't seems overpowered to you ? And don't tell me that one is rare and the other uncommon. Btw, what happens if you play two on 1 turn ? Quadruple damage ? For no loss of card advantage ?

The draw is negligible and should probably be reworked into another effect. It doesn't make much sense on a "win the game" scroll. If you are only playing it as a "take down idols prematurely without winning the game" kinda scroll then you are either staring at an empty opponent board (in which case you are winning anyways) or you just wasted all your cooldowns hitting idols when you could have been hitting creatures.

Concentrate Fire on a Scattergunner, Elder or Cannon is mainly a board clearing scroll that doubles as a idolkiller in a pinch. This is much more flexible than Corrode.

Narratick wrote:
Don't get me wrong, Energy is my favourite faction for now. I could play mute and be happy about that OP scroll but I don't want an unbalanced thing ruin the game.

Glad to hear it :) But I think you can rest assured in this case: Corrode is an interesting scroll but it is no Noaidi.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2013, 13:00 
Newcomer

In-game name: Frey90
Words can't describe how much i love the new corrode <3.