Our beloved Scrolls developers are hosting a live panel at Minecon and would like you guys to come up with some interesting questions for them.
Owen, who is moderating, will read them out so you'll get a shoutout should your question be picked.
There will be limited time for questions, and the crowd will have some of their own too, so not everybody's will be answered.. but I know that the Dev's regularly wander around this forum so they may well give you a written answer sometime after Minecon.
So, ask away and have fun
The SG Team
p.s. we'll add a link to the video when it's online but, for now, here's the previous years offerings.
MineCon 2011 Scrolls Panel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyQUOqCLM8
The Art of Scrolls - MINECON 2012 Panel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCw5BYvvjcQuestions from this thread:eleclipse:
1. Are you considering implementing a limit to the cards one can hold in his hand?
2. Are you considering implementing a mulligan-like feature?
3. Will we ever see some "interrupt" mechanic that allow to "play" some card in opponent's turn?Were:
1. What are they going to do to make people come back on a regular basis?
2. Any plans on letting the community decide how scrolls should develop? e.g. by letting the community suggest balance changes or new scrolls or new gamemodes.
3. Are you planing to give more players access to the actual beta (test servers)?SpiffyDrew:
1. In your most positive estimates, where do you see the game in one year?
2. Are we going to see any more "masked" tribal units? Imagine an army led by a yet named masked tribal leader with a harvester retinue...cool right?Fakko:
1. When (if ever) will you be implementing a proper discard/graveyard?
2. Is your preferred method of balance introducing new scrolls to counter existing ones or tuning those that are broken (eg. Noaidi, Puppet Soldier + Nutrition)?davidslain:
1. Are we going to see true multiresource scrolls?
2. Have you thought about giving a faction discard mechanics?epiyrt:
1. Is the spectate mode going to be further developed? I can imagine high ranked players will turn off spectating and test their decks vs AI to keep them a secret. If we could specify that we would allow spectating vs Human opponents but not vs AI I think they would be more likely to keep spectating on.Nikovic:
1. We heard a bit about Scrolls maybe becoming free 2 play. I would love to know if that is still on the table by then and if yes, how that free2play system might work. I hated how everyone (not really, but quite a lot of people) went apeshit over this and said things like "I want my money back" before there even was any actual information out. So I think Minecon would be a great opportunity to really inform the people IF the business model will change.Schmoke89:
1. Will Scrolls get marketed a bit more after the beta has finished?Nouth:
1. How satisfied are you with the current state of game, as in it's playerbase and general enjoyability ?Dialex:
1. Will Mojang continue to develop Scrolls after it's official release?iScrE4m:
1. To anyone except Mans: Come hang out in IRC more often!
More serious question: Is Kav the only one ever to be remembered like that? Or are Blinky, Acidjib and kbasten just really weird words for flavour text? Also, I want icecream scroll, as I have art made by Poi already!kulrath7:
1. I wonder if you are planing on put new card mechanics (such as a trap that is unseen for the enemy and triggers when an enemy passes trogh to attack) or some new gammemode. siRisacc:
1. What will the upcoming customization be about?
2. Will there ever be achievements?cheatedfatesjoe:
1. Will an auction house be created to aid in the sale and trading of scrolls between players?
2. What pace do you see new scrolls bing released?
3. Any thoughts to fixing the ranking system?Randomization:
1. Can we expect an Android version of the game for tablets soon?faderedguy:
1. In the future, is it possible that the old scrolls will become stale and unusable? ironballs:
1. I've always been a fan of synergistic creatures in tcgs; a la slivers and goblins. Any future plans for more gravelocks and wolves?