It is currently January 26th, 2020, 09:19

Post subject: Scrolls Test server Changelog 0.113.2
PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 10:56 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
Scrolls Test Changelog 0.113.2 (server)

January 30, 2013

Scrolls
- Power Trip (Energy) now costs 3, gives 6, and draws a scroll at 9.
- Baleful Witch (Decay) now deals only the Curse value as damage (was Curse + 1).
- Stitcher (Decay) now only works on creatures.
- Reaping Mask (Decay) now only triggers on creatures.
- Leeching Ring (Growth) now uses base Countdown for healing instead of the value printed on the scroll.
- Wetland Ranger (Growth)'s buff is now active from start of opponent's turn (to make it easier to understand).
- Temporary effects from spells and units are now marked as Effects rather than Enchantments.
- Focus and many similar scrolls no longer last longer than one turn.

Miscellaneous
- The auto-join cap for "General" chat rooms has been raised from 30 to 50.
- Moderators can now temporarily ban users from chat rooms (up to one week).
- Moderators can now mute users for up to one hour.

Bug Fixes
- Accept trades / Accept challenge buttons are now enabled per default for new users.
- Pillage is no longer activated on 0 damage.

Known Issues
- Some of the Pillage and Dominion effects are not properly marked as traits. This is due to a missing client feature and will be fixed shortly.
- Some units are not scaled properly. This will be fixed in the next client update.

*The second update today (0.113.3) is here: http://www.scrollsguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4147*

Thanks

The SG Team

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Scrolls Test server Changelog 0.113.2
PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 11:12 
Vanguard

In-game name: Gift
I hope Mojang considers a different nerf for Power Trip. This makes it pretty boring compared to what it was.

Why not keep it so that it doubles your energy, but put a cap on it instead? Something like no more than +10 over the original number of resources? Blarg... :(

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 11:26 
Vanguard

In-game name: Morre
TravellingFool wrote:
I hope Mojang considers a different nerf for Power Trip. This makes it pretty boring compared to what it was.

Why not keep it so that it doubles your energy, but put a cap on it instead? Something like no more than +10 over the original number of resources? Blarg... :(

Perhaps - but it also makes it a way interesting scroll. Think of it this way: Now, it's usable, but doesn't draw you a scroll at 3, 4 and 5 resources. At 6 and 7 it's about the same as before; at 8+ it's slightly worse.

The old version did nothing at 1-4 resources, did "something, but no scroll" only at 5, and was basically a free scroll at 6+. Way more boring to play with, if you ask me. The new version is significantly better early game, so it's not so much a nerf as an attempt to improve the design.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 12:11 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Tengu
Until I can play Power Trip at Turn 6 and get the draw I'm happy.
Until I can play Power Trip at Turn 7 and get hasted Solemn Giant I'm happy.
And now with this version I can play at Turn 4 Iron Ogre for the funny.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 12:18 
General

In-game name: Zylus
SeeMeScrollin wrote:
- Leeching Ring (Growth) now uses base Countdown for healing instead of the value printed on the scroll.

Yay! :D

I like the Power Trip nerf. Also have you considered that this small change for Wetland Ranger might actually have gameplay impact? You should also change the wording so it's clear that it starts on your opponent's turn.

Good job so far! :)

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 13:57 
SG Tournament Winner
SG Tournament Winner

In-game name: Sysp
MansOlson wrote:
TravellingFool wrote:

Perhaps - but it also makes it a way interesting scroll. Think of it this way: Now, it's usable, but doesn't draw you a scroll at 3, 4 and 5 resources. At 6 and 7 it's about the same as before; at 8+ it's slightly worse.

The old version did nothing at 1-4 resources, did "something, but no scroll" only at 5, and was basically a free scroll at 6+. Way more boring to play with, if you ask me. The new version is significantly better early game, so it's not so much a nerf as an attempt to improve the design.

This.

I think I like this change even though it was substantially nerfed in the later game (I was frequently trippin' for +8 Energy or more late in the game on the test server).

However, the early game was very uninteresting with the old scroll, now it is a much more interesting play early, especially on turn 3 where you can basically Time Walk at the cost of a scroll (which might hurt you later).

Great possibilities with it now though - turn 3 Forge / Divinator, turn 3 Thunder Surge, turn 4 Giant etc etc. and later on it is still the same free scroll as before, so it never has any downside even though it is less powerful.

Still the best Energy scroll in the game by far, and an auto include in every energy deck, now it is even playable in aggro Energy!

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 14:18 
Vanguard

In-game name: Morre
Zylus wrote:
SeeMeScrollin wrote:

I like the Power Trip nerf. Also have you considered that this small change for Wetland Ranger might actually have gameplay impact? You should also change the wording so it's clear that it starts on your opponent's turn.

Thanks. :)

The Wetland Ranger's wording has already been adjusted. Similarly, all of the scrolls whose abilities now reset Countdown instead of increase it by a fixed number have been reworded, as well as made more coherent.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 14:29 
General

In-game name: Nicon
I sent MansOlson a private message asking him some questions (in spoiler). Basically i asked what the purpose of power-trip was, whether Righteous Partisan could do with a buff, and Striped Fangbear with a nerf. I also asked him why they locked preconstructed decks (once and for all).
Spoiler: [show]

Quote:

Power Trip's purpose is primarily to give Energy a way to do late game boosts without adding another permanent ramp. Basically, we want Energy to have more synergies related to gaining and spending resources - there's other similar effects coming with the next 7 Energy scrolls. By having several options with varying strengths and weaknesses, I hope we can avoid making any single scroll an absolute 3-of. Nevertheless, there's always going to be some scrolls that are considered stronger, and we'll continue to balance and tweak things over time to keep deckbuilding interesting.

Righteous Partisan does not have double the cost of Wings Soldier. Before we put it on test, we changed its cost to 3, but that change got lost somewhere in the first upload. It's since been fixed, and has costed 3 for a while now. :)

Striped Fangbear is definitely a very strong scroll. It's not impossible we'll have to adjust it, but we're not yet sure if it's necessary. That's what the test server is for! As for RPS - well, some scrolls will be better against some decks, while some will be weaker. That's a good thing (tm), since it can help create a meta. Of course no scroll should win against another deck on its own - it's a matter of balancing.

The starter deck is locked simply because it's the safest way to guarantee people do not end up with a collection that makes them unable to play scrolls. All solutions we've seen to this have their own problems, so we had to choose one. A few examples:

- Making the lock affect "last 50 scrolls" rather than preconstructed would lead to other problems; they could end up with a deck of only spells that do no idol damage, and therefore not be able to win.

- Giving them new scrolls when they've gone below 50 opens up for trade abuse.

Note that preconstructed decks *other* than the starter decks - the ones you buy with gold or shards - can be traded. The scrolls in these decks are not locked.

These are mostly questions that could be relevant to multiple people. By asking this openly in the forums instead, more people could partake of the discussion and come with input. As well as see this answer. :)

//Måns

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 14:49 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
I see they turned temporary enchantments into effects.
Good, that's confirmation of that secret scroll being real.

As for Power Trip, a bit of a nerf, but it's still great.

Hand of 3x Power Trips, 2 Iron Ogres.
Turn 5, play all three power trips and end up at energy 14 (and get three scrolls) - and drop two iron ogres on the field.

Last edited by Squiddy on January 30th, 2014, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 15:15 
Scholar

In-game name: Valhalla
MansOlson wrote:
Zylus wrote:
SeeMeScrollin wrote:

Thanks. :)

The Wetland Ranger's wording has already been adjusted. Similarly, all of the scrolls whose abilities now reset Countdown instead of increase it by a fixed number have been reworded, as well as made more coherent.

@Mans Just wondering if you have looked at the echomaton yet and how its effect interacts with scout automation bringing it to 2. I assume effects were intended to count or there would have been no reason for the wording to say 2 or more. since it gains 2 attack.

The Think Tank

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 15:23 
Spearman

In-game name: Ival1ce
Quote:

The starter deck is locked simply because it's the safest way to guarantee people do not end up with a collection that makes them unable to play scrolls. All solutions we've seen to this have their own problems, so we had to choose one. A few examples:

- Making the lock affect "last 50 scrolls" rather than preconstructed would lead to other problems; they could end up with a deck of only spells that do no idol damage, and therefore not be able to win.

- Giving them new scrolls when they've gone below 50 opens up for trade abuse.

Note that preconstructed decks *other* than the starter decks - the ones you buy with gold or shards - can be traded. The scrolls in these decks are not locked.

These are mostly questions that could be relevant to multiple people. By asking this openly in the forums instead, more people could partake of the discussion and come with input. As well as see this answer. :)

//Måns

I think part of the frustration with the locked precon scrolls comes from the fact that you can't really tell which are which. You try to trade of craft some scrolls just to find out that some of them are locked due to being from the precon, and that can lead to some frustration or confusion for the newer players that don't know this. I think it could be mitigated with a clear distinction on these cards, a small lock symbol perhaps ?

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 15:26 
General

In-game name: davidslain
I'd just like the ability to upgrade the precon scrolls. That's all.

Pretty, Shiny Things

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 15:49 
Vanguard

In-game name: Peteos
davidslain wrote:

The same with me!

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 16:25 
Scholar

In-game name: siRisacc
davidslain wrote:

A possible solution for not allowing people to trade cards so that they cannot possibly play (which is the intent of locking the deck) would be to just make it impossible to trade scrolls once you have only 50 Scrolls.

Having dead scrolls is killer for people with minor to severe OCD.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 16:35 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
siRisacc wrote:
A possible solution for not allowing people to trade cards so that they cannot possibly play (which is the intent of locking the deck) would be to just make it impossible to trade scrolls once you have only 50 Scrolls.

This would still make it possible to not have 50 scrolls of the same faction, or just 50 spells or other scrolls that do not make a deck that you can actually play.
The way it is now is a little annoying, but it makes it absolutely impossible to lose the ability to play the game.

Edit: Ok you don't need to have 50 from the same faction, but 50 scrolls that work enough to make a playable deck.

Last edited by LahoPaa on January 30th, 2014, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.