All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently July 23rd, 2019, 21:16

Post subject: Test Server Patch: Beta 0.125.0
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 14:26 
General

In-game name: Blinky

Test Server Patch: Beta 0.125.0

Hello my fellow Scrolldiers,

The test server has just been patched and oh my goodness things are going to need testing. This patch not only introduces 20 new scrolls but also makes changes to many of the current scrolls that we have right now.

Waypoints, part 1
July 3, 2014 - Changelog 0.125.0 (client 125)

Features

Added Black Market, accessible from the Store. This feature is still work in progress - will get limitations (such as number of transactions), as well as a better system for collecting profits.

Added a first iteration profanity filter to the chat. This will likely need tweaking - please help test it!

Traits

New trait: Idol strike X: Deals X extra damage to idols
New trait: Regeneration X: Heals X at the beginning of each of your turns
Poison: Now lasts until purified or unit dies
Flying: Now lets a unit move anywhere, but have its Countdown increased by 1 if moving to a non-adjacent tile

New Scrolls

Added the first 20 scrolls from Waypoints (set 6). Rarities are not yet set for these scrolls.

Order

Growth

Energy

Decay

Existing Scrolls

Clarified the rules on a large number of scrolls

Abilities can now be used any number of times per turn unless rules say otherwise

Berserker (Growth): Regeneration
Bountiful Times (Growth): Now decreases countdown by 2 (was 1), only affects other bunnies
Death Cap Berserk (Growth): Damage reduced to 1 (was 2)
Earthbond (Growth): Redesigned. Cost 2. Gives 2 Health, Magic armor 1
Elan Vital (Growth): Regeneration 1
Kinfolk Jarl (Growth): 4 Attack (was 3)
Leeching Ring (Growth): Always heals for 2, no longer has Magic armor
Eternal Statue (Growth): Regeneration 1
Mangy Wolf (Growth): Cost 3 (was 4), no longer has life gain
Noaidi (Growth): Redesigned. Now has Replenish. Thanks Blinky!
Hymn (Growth): Now fully heals target unit (was 3)
Owl (Growth): Cost 2. Uses new Flying trait
Skythorn (Growth): Countdown 4 (was 6)
Jarl Urhald (Growth): Cost 8 (was 9)
Blade Husk (Decay): 5 Attack (was 4)
Illmire Hunter (Decay): 4 Health (was 5)
Shroud of Unlife (Decay): Enchanted unit now counts as Undead
Life Stealer (Decay): Now heals by 2 when it damages another unit
Malevolent Gaze (Decay): Now reduces Move by 2 until end of turn, gives Curse 2, no longer has dominion
Pest Dissimulator (Decay): Cost 5 (was 4)
Hex Marks (Decay): Idol strike 3
Stitcher (Decay): 4 Health (was 3)
Unbind (Decay): Redesigned. Cost 2: Now removes all enchantments from target unit, and increases its Countdown by 1.
Uneasy Alliance (Decay): Attack is now always increased by 2 (was variable). When the unit is destroyed, all other creatures with Uneasy Alliance are destroyed
Wicked Being (Decay): No longer Curses attacker. Has Unstable 2
Nuru, Flesh-Seamstress (Decay): Health 7 (was 6)
Blightbearer (Decay): Cost 5 (was 3)
Corrode (Energy): Now gives double damage to both players' units, draw scroll if idol is destroyed on either side
Echomaton (Energy): Once more gives Energy boost at 2 AttackFulmination Conduit (Energy): Countdown 2 (was 1)
Iron Ogre (Energy): 8 Attack (was 7)
Machine Priest (Energy): Redesigned. Cost 3: Structures and Automatons have their Attack increased by 1
Overdrive (Energy): Damage reduced to 1 (was 2)
Potion of Resistance (Energy): Cost 2: Now makes the unit immune to damage for 3 turns
Power Trip (Energy): Now draws a scroll if current Energy is 11 or more after using it
Siege Cracker (Energy): Idol strike 5
Roasted Bean Potion (Order): Is now a spell. Move increase lasts until end of turn
Wings Warder (Order): No longer relies on Countdown 1 or less to work
Cay, Royal Envoy (Order): Health 7 (was 6)
Righteous Partisan (Order): Redesigned. Cost 3: 3/2/3. When Righteous Partisan comes into play, if you have fewer units than your opponent, draw 1 scroll
Eternal Sword (Order): No longer gives Health (was 1)

Miscellaneous

The deck builder now properly remembers the deck's name even when it's just been saved for the first time

Hitting the up arrow in the chat now puts your most recent message in the text field

Known Issues

The black market scroll browser sorts things in the wrong order."

Stats button does not work on scrolls in the black market.

Bug Fixes

Monstrous Brood can no longer target structures.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Test Server Patch: Beta 0.125.0
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 14:47 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
To report:

0.125 Test Server Feedback - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5301

Test Server patch 0.125 bugs and issues - viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5300

Thanks

The Scrollsguide Team

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 15:05 
Scholar

In-game name: Arc_Proxima
Will the new PoR prevent any damage? Including poison?

Is the number of units required for the scroll draw including or excluding the partisan?

Should Leeching be a trait?

Royal inspiration: Isn't 4 cost massive for a scroll draw?

Very, very nice that the dev's give the marked and trading some more fetures! Looking forward to that!!

Last edited by ArcProxima on July 3rd, 2014, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 15:07 
Vanguard

In-game name: kehmesis
So exciting!

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 15:26 
General

In-game name: Ironballs
wish this patch would download faster!

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 16:19 
Scholar

In-game name: SpiffyDrew
Wow...this will take a long time to figure out what is good and not good.

First thing that pops up is R.I.P. blightbearer

Scrolls Moderator

Scrollsguide.com Moderator

Founder of The Think Tank

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 16:29 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
SpiffyDrew wrote:

I'm not all that sad about losing blightbearer. All we need is another 3-2-4 3D creature, even vanilla, and it might replace him pretty well.
5 cost is still pretty extreme though. 4 might be reasonable with the decent stats and the poison ability that turned out to be more good than a drawback in many decks.

And the poison change... I don't really get the point. I thought the old system with "basic" poisons lasting 3 rounds was nice. Without going for the full poison deck you could drain 3 life, but with miasma wells and curses you could pretty easily kill even the strongest creatures in those 3 turns. Now poison will be very good in any deck unless it is countered by magic armor. Brain Lice was already an autoinclude and now it's just insane. Rangers bane might start to see a lot of use too.

EDIT: Talking about creature stats, I don't see Blade husk being 5 attack do anything to it's usability. But if the change would have been +1 health... now that is a big upgrade!

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 16:49 
Newcomer

In-game name: Vipers
LahoPaa wrote:
SpiffyDrew wrote:

And the poison change... I don't really get the point. I thought the old system with "basic" poisons lasting 3 rounds was nice. Without going for the full poison deck you could drain 3 life, but with miasma wells and curses you could pretty easily kill even the strongest creatures in those 3 turns. Now poison will be very good in any deck unless it is countered by magic armor. Brain Lice was already an autoinclude and now it's just insane. Rangers bane might start to see a lot of use too.

EDIT: Talking about creature stats, I don't see Blade husk being 5 attack do anything to it's usability. But if the change would have been +1 health... now that is a big upgrade!

I greatly agree with you on the poison change, seems like poison decay will be 100% go after this update. I really like some of the growth changes, skythorn set to 4 is definite needed change, and along with the new growth structure card I might try and get a structure growth/decay deck started on. Very pleased with all of the new scrolls, I think this game needs more variety, different types of scrolls will definitely do that.

Looks like scrolls is changing for the better! Good work on the test server update! Hope to see what comes up next!
*Cough (we need daily rewards) Cough* cough*

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 17:05 
Skirmisher

In-game name: vollgiin
What do you guys think, is a non-poison Decay deck gonna be relevant after this patch?

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 17:14 
Vanguard

In-game name: Astroplatypus
I approve of all the new scrolls. Hopefully they increase deck diversity (Snargl has anti-synergy with Energy removal, for example). Always good to see more utility scrolls with clear counters.

It's good to see that Mojang is putting more thought into the rarities this time around instead of just making the powerful cards rares like usual.... Ideally, any cards that are intended to be faction staples should be common, and any cards that you never ever would possibly need 3 of should be rare.

Also, I appreciate the Mangy Wolf cost decrease... >:D
(By the way, Machine Divinator's name makes no sense with this change)

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 17:21 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
KabonkYourSister wrote:
What do you guys think, is a non-poison Decay deck gonna be relevant after this patch?

I don't think it was changed all that much with this round of updates. Blightbearer is unusable but easily replaced and hunter had a small nerf. Brain lice is buffed even in normal decay, they can use the slithering form to counter structures and the anima conduit seems pretty nice.

Undead are also getting a buff, and maybe with the rest of the set it might become a thing.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 18:29 
Vanguard

with machine priest now adding automaton attack, energy is going to get out of control between it and scout automaton.

i do like echomaton being back to usable again, hilariously rampy as it be.

>every unique is still better than cay, and still receiving buffs over her
SIIIIGH

good to see decay getting some undead support, and same with growth and beasts--a worry though: with the new vaettr beast decks are going to go completely nuts (being able to flood the field with cheap drops hilariously easy--hello owl/ragged wolf for easy aggro). those without area removal (coughordercough) are going to get stomped flat.

speaking of order: nice to see the new knights--though i wonder why one would run knight sergeant over honorable general at all, and aerbalist is nigh useless unless you've got lots and lots (and lots) of ramp and cantrips to keep him even mildly useful--which kicks deck variety in the nuts. i'm sure having a needlessly specific eye of eagle will be helpful to order... somehow. wings sorceress will def help against enchant growth and poison/curse decay.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 18:30 
General

LahoPaa wrote:
Undead are also getting a buff, and maybe with the rest of the set it might become a thing.

From a couple hours of gametime, anima conduit is crazy useful. Revenants and conduits interact really nicely with restless bones, watchers, harvesters, stitchers, constructs, necro, witch doctors, rot-eaters and to a lesser extent damning curse. They give decay a lot of explosiveness.

The buff to blade husks attack is more significant than it appears at first glance. With flesh animator making undead and restless bones better the blade husk is much stronger and much more reliable. I don't think he should've gotten the attack buff as he was buffed indirectly alongside all the other undead.

I spent most of my time with decay so far but also a little bit of growth. I really really really like the changes to urhald, kinfolk jarl and especcially mangy. Skythorn change is pretty decent giving 1 card about every other turn or so. Nogs are neat.. another kinfolk ranger but for beast decks so thats good. The nest is kinda cool but overall is a worse, albeit cheaper, forge. The Earthborn keeper is going to be really powerful in growth aggro if he is left as is. Not sue growth really needs another cheap 1 cd unit that can be easily buffed and jammed down your opponents throat prison style.

Didn't play any order but did manage to get throttled by a lategame knight deck. The Arbelisker is awesome. His animation is stellar and his ability is quite unique. He counts down very fast, about every other turn with standard lategame order. I think he may need a reduction to 5 attack tho. 6 base seems high for piercing. With 5 attack he would hit 5... 2... 1 but would stay the same with a focus, which lets be honest, is going to happen a hell of a lot!... 8...4...2...1 vs 9...4...2...1. I have a distinct prediction about knight sergeant that Im not going to share at this point in time. :D

These are just first impressions. Overall I really like just about everything. I think theres a lot of flavor and diversity here. I also think theres quite a bit of potential in some of these new additions. Will touch on energy later.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 18:33 
General

AndIMustMask wrote:
>every unique is still better than cay, and still receiving buffs over her
SIIIIGH

Cay got health buff. probably the best of the uniques. snowballs card advantage and most importantly she has ward unless you play her like a jackass. The other 3 can be sniped for much cheaper than was spent to cast. This alone makes her better.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 18:52 
Vanguard

In-game name: Donkey74
Undead, Automaton, and Gravelock oh my :D. I still think blight bearer will be used personally though maybe 4 cost and 2 attack would have been the better change. Machine priest finally playable, I will probable use it in my automaton deck because good for buffing automatons and oculus cannons. Machine priest will also be interesting to see if destroyer can pull a comeback to competitive play as that used to be so good in the old splash for pother efficiency focus and transposition days. I love snargl just because i think it is great design, and that flavor text :D Also lockling brood very cool i love everything about that scroll. Pushing bunnies hard i see ;) . Revenant is going to be deadly, and i think will also be great in multi-resource decks to help the early game out (Multi-resource still needs some changing, but the current resource stuff might help.) The order stuff could be crazy resurgence of late game order? Quick couple of things love all of the buffs especially stitcher 3 health for a 4 cost unit is just too little (Echomaton is obvious exception) Surprised to see pest dissimulator go to 5 cost, but maybe new stuff coming out required the change. Anyway great job looking forward to the other news.