All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently March 22nd, 2019, 12:10

Post subject: Waypoints Part 2 (Test Server)
PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 15:26 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
Hi Scrolldiers

Here are the new current updates to the test server today. Thanks goes to IscrE4m for the images.

Waypoints, part 2, July 29, 2014 - Changelog 0.126.0 (client 126)

Features

Added Lingering spells. These are spells that stay next to the board and have an effect over several turns.

New Scrolls

Added 20 scrolls more scrolls from Waypoints (set 6). Rarities are not yet set for these scrolls.

[img]
http://i.imgur.com/a9eB5Wn.png[/img]

Scrolls

Royal Inspiration (Order): Cost 2 (was 4).

Miscellaneous

When an ability is used, an effect is shown on the user and target of the ability.
    Hitting the left and right arrows in the deck builder now scrolls the library correspondingly.
    Enchanted units now have a slight additional glow.
    Profanity filter now replaces listed words with asterisks instead of blocking messages.

Bug Fixes

Eternal Sword (Order) now transfers properly even when unit is destroyed by death effects.
    Relentless units now take Curse value into consideration when destroying defenders (that is, they now deal minimum required damage against Cursed units).

Tell us what you think

The Scrollsguide Team

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Waypoints Part 2 (Test Server)
PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 15:37 
General

In-game name: Paralykeet
I don't like the parasitic nature of the revealed Lingering spells. Specifically, the Sanctuary of the Lost- which is outright broken for giving Harvester and Necrohusks Ward (taking an already super resilient strategy, and making it beyond safe.)

I like that the counters for lingering are introduced at the same time as the first batch of lingering, but just on the basis of how narrow most of these Scrolls are, and how outright busted other ones obviously are- this is going to take quite a bit of work.

I really like the new champions :D

Still, new content to mull over :D Thanks Moj!

Check out my Community of Heroes project :D
Erratakeet Strikes!

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 16:11 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
Going over the new scrolls at my stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/Squiddylicious

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 16:20 
Newcomer

In-game name: Guywithscrolls
Cool stuff. I really, really like the new creatures introduced. I could imagine Gusty Izulr, and Oum Lasa High-Guard being late-game units that people would actually use but not be over-used. And I feel like we needed more cool options of late-game units; these being very cool. Uhu Long-Nose is awesome, it will actually feel like have a Magician on the field as you could use it's effect with all of the powerful scrolls that drain your energy. And I'm sure there will be plenty of Gravelock decks that wont be using Machine Chant and may be mixed with other resources and will need that extra push for energy.

Rekindled Spirits is awesome and I'm sure will be commonly used.

Fodder Pit? Can we please get some more pillage creatures now? Maybe Siege Cracker should be categorized as a pillage unit. And Sanctuary of the lost seems a little too long for such a strong spell.

The Stone Enigma is obviously a stone penis in a stone vagina.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 16:53 
General

In-game name: Nicon
I think Mudo Fighter was in the previous patch, you might want to remove him.
And yay for more effective Curse.

It seems like they spent a lot of the set trying to make lingering work;
Contrary to Parykleet, I think Sanctuary of the lost is bad, warding your husks is not going to help, if someone wants to spark one then that is their loss. The biggest concern is usually mass removal (thunder surge/quake) or effects like relentless, until that is resolved i'm not sure undead will be able to kick off as a deck type. It also has no synergy with the new revenants who already have Ward. But on the otherhand maybe people will use this with Shroud of Unlife to ward their Nuru's.
Clandestine Orchard looks interesting (pretty strong). Budding Retreat also looks interesting, but it doesn't seem to synergize with the other options in this same 'come into play' area, you won't get very far by playing these lingering spells with a skythorn and rat king.

Rekindled spirit seems like fertile soil v2 (looks like somata shift doesn't it?). Slayer Vestige is another cheap weak undead unit, need some undead creatures that cost 4+. I can't see snargl hunter being very reliable with so few beasts being used at the moment, energy wants some reliable high stat creatures at 3-4 cost instead, reliability is important. More Gravelocks concerns me, I don't mind that they synergize but i do suspect that Gravelock elder (which was great on its own) might become too powerful. I think Stormknight is counter-productive, if Mojang keep throwing +1 move out as casual extras then why would anyone use transposition or new orders, it kills the movement strategy of order and it reinforces the idol sniping tactics when enemies are right in front of you.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 17:24 
Infantryman

In-game name: lavahothand
Caravans of the Expanse will be powerful... especially in a DO deck with Wings Cleavers, Bog Hounds, and Blade Husks.

I don't think there is enough Knight synergy yet within order for Squire to make much sense.

Sanctuary of the Lost seems OP. This would make it even harder to come back from a Necrogeddon.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 17:41 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
I'm glad that between the scrolls in this set there are synergies and anti-synergies to build and combat a deck. Most of these scrolls I see as being only used as a reaction to a certain meta and therefore not being run normally. It's promising to see that there can be different creatures in a deck at all costs where before only one existed, though I'm still waiting for better late game energy creatures at around the 5-6 cost (not an immediate need, but it does feel a bit wonky)

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 19:19 
Vanguard

In-game name: Hroswaladr
Worried about the new 'lingering' hype:
- the concept seems very stale and passive,
- it takes the focus away from the one thing that makes scrolls interesting and unique (the board),
- they seem too powerful not to have, and so anti spells also become a must,
- taking out 6-9 cards per deck of tactically much more interesting unit/spell play,
- even the word itself is associated with a tedious lack of variety:
Oxford English Dictionary wrote:
linger |ˈlɪŋgə|
verb [no obj.]
stay in a place longer than necessary because of a reluctance to leave:
The battle of the lingering spells bored the audience to sleep.

Most other cards seem nice though.

Last edited by Hroswaladr on July 30th, 2014, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 19:20 
Scholar

In-game name: Cantor
Ok, so good news and bad news. Good news, Love ALL the new creatures here, they seem like good designs. Solid standard statlines with simple abilities. Filling out some of the missing pieces in the scrollbase. Stormknight and Izulr look really cool so that we have some creatures with simple effects to fill out the topend. hopefully at least the Izulr is common so there is some more high cost creatures available for judgement.

The Bad news, Forbidden Ruins. Why is this here...? After all the backlash against non-combat idol damage?

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 19:34 
Spearman

YAYAY!!!

You guys are awesome!

Let's get some kind of update live on the real server though right?

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 20:17 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
Cantor wrote:
The Bad news, Forbidden Ruins. Why is this here...? After all the backlash against non-combat idol damage?

Yeah, I remember idol dmg being one of the most hated mechanics in the game at one point...

As a slow faction decay does need some type of burst dmg to make the games end after they get far enough ahead. But if there is too much idol dmg and you can start making decks that can win mostly by using that... feels like it would make the matches really boring and the board close to useless apart from some basic positioning.

The creatures are really cool though. Lots of interesting abilities.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 20:28 
General

In-game name: Ironballs
oum lasa in front of witch doctor.. gg growth

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 00:07 
Infantryman

LahoPaa wrote:
Cantor wrote:

Yeah, I remember idol dmg being one of the most hated mechanics in the game at one point...

As a slow faction decay does need some type of burst dmg to make the games end after they get far enough ahead. But if there is too much idol dmg and you can start making decks that can win mostly by using that... feels like it would make the matches really boring and the board close to useless apart from some basic positioning.

If they added other 1-2 scrolls with unstalbe, Yolo decay may become the new meta and the death of lategame deck.
I think that, at least, in order to compensate, we would be needing more scrolls with idol healing trait as many as those with idol dmg.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 00:12 
Skirmisher

In-game name: dmatthew
I think this is shaping up to be the best update yet! :p

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 00:41 
Spearman

In-game name: Luigisopa
Love the lore on Rekindled Spirit :D. Things are shaping up. Slowly but steadily.