All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently January 21st, 2020, 03:44

Post subject: Waypoints, part 3 - Changelog 0.127.0 (Test Server)
PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 12:47 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
Hi All,

Here is the latest update to the test server, make sure you get on there as access has been extended for another day.

Waypoints, part 3

August 19, 2014 - Changelog 0.127.0 (client 127)

Features

Testing Grounds has been removed and replaced by Quick Match. As the test server is now open for everyone on Mondays, we'll run future tests here instead.

Lingering rework: You can no longer have multiple copies of the same Lingering spell in play. Instead, casting an additional copy of a Lingering spell will increase its duration correspondingly.

Added 'Sifting' scrolls. These use a new system for looking at a number of scrolls and picking some of them.

New Scrolls

Added the last 16 scrolls from Waypoints (set 6). Rarities are not yet set for these scrolls.

Thanks to iScrE4m for the pics :)

Scrolls

Ancestral Pact (Growth): Cost 4 (was 3), now has Linger 3.
    Rat King (Growth): Now summons rats within an Inferno Blast-like area instead of on target tile and its neighbors.
    Oak Blood (Growth): No longer gives Magic armor 1.
    Cursed Presence (Decay): Is now a spell, gives Curse 4 on target unit.

Bug Fixes

Lockling Brood (Energy): Now only triggers on tile targets (i.e. not affected by Frost Wind and similar spells).

Fixed bug where Judgement rewards scroll picking animation would be in the wrong place.

----

Make sure you let the devs know what you think about the new scrolls and report any issues here: http://www.scrollsguide.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

HFGL

The Scrollsguide Team

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Waypoints, part 3 - Changelog 0.127.0 (Test Server)
PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 13:37 
Vanguard

In-game name: Donkey74
Wow most of these scrolls are absurdly powerfull and definitly push the threshold of what makes a balanced scroll. Alot of exciting things, and i am looking forward to it hiting live. One of my concerns is the oakblood chang Oakling definitely had some isues, but that was not oak blood or wildlings fault it is the fault of the abusive nature of magic armor and self-infliting damage.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 13:41 
General

In-game name: Paralykeet
Quote:
Oak Blood (Growth): No longer gives Magic armor 1.

Even if the new stuff is broken beyond reason, this and the RBP/Eternal Sword nerfs are worth having the eyerolling new stuff that needs to be put in check.

EDIT: Maybe soon they'll just combine MA and Armor, and remove the bit about preventing penalties. Having more than one type of damage is seriously a bad idea not only for the readability of the Scrolls, but for the balancing act of doling out mitigation traits.

EDIT2: Feedback Jolt does 3 damage... hopefully that means 3 damage spells will become more common.

Check out my Community of Heroes project :D
Erratakeet Strikes!

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 14:18 
Skirmisher

In-game name: arachn1d
How is it possible that Earthborn Mystic has avoided the nerf bat for all three Waypoints updates?

Edit: Omen of Damnation - For everyone complaining about direct idol damage, just look here and see that it is not going away any time soon.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 14:57 
Scholar

In-game name: Arc_Proxima
They are really going all in on the lingering stuff, but good that they saw that stacking lingering spells were an issue.

Lot's of neat stuff here. Looking forward to take a closer look.

And also; the new artwork is fantastic!

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 16:25 
Vanguard

In-game name: CuriousCat
So, does the Halls of Om Lasa give you 4 additional scrolls if not countered?

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 17:49 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
Curiouscat wrote:

Nope it only gives you one additional scroll that you pick and judging by the way sifting works I believe it grabs the most recently died/sacrificed scrolls. Sifting from the library should also do the same thing and take the next scrolls that would be drawn and allow you to pick from them. Not quite sure what happens to the scrolls that aren't picked, but I'm assuming they go to the bottom of your library.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 18:31 
Scholar

k1110n wrote:
Curiouscat wrote:

Nope it only gives you one additional scroll that you pick and judging by the way sifting works I believe it grabs the most recently died/sacrificed scrolls. Sifting from the library should also do the same thing and take the next scrolls that would be drawn and allow you to pick from them. Not quite sure what happens to the scrolls that aren't picked, but I'm assuming they go to the bottom of your library.

Yes, but it does this 4 times so in total it gives 4 scrolls - and it pulls from the discard pile - that is quite interesting.

Also it's a bit unclear to me if sifted scrolls are chosen on random, or as it is as you say - the last 3 scrolls - There is a big difference there. Sadly I can't go on test server and check, so could anyone clarify?

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 18:38 
Vanguard

In-game name: Hroswaladr
Lots of extremely powerful stuff ... just hope it does not completely replace other play styles. Poor poor players.

@Mojang: I know it is still holiday season, but please check the text on Totem Mask. :geek:

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 18:43 
General

In-game name: Nicon
ArcProxima wrote:
Yes, but it does this 4 times so in total it gives 4 scrolls - and it pulls from the discard pile - that is quite interesting.

Also it's a bit unclear to me if sifted scrolls are chosen on random, or as it is as you say - the last 3 scrolls - There is a big difference there. Sadly I can't go on test server and check, so could anyone clarify?

So i used it twice in the last game. I believe it draws the last 3 scrolls to go into the discard pile. Harvester or harvester or rot eater, and i had to choose one, hardest decision of my life. :(
It only draws 3 scrolls. It draws at the beginning of your turn, so with lingering 4 it first draws next turn at lingering 3, then lingering 2, and 1, then poof.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 18:54 
Scholar

Nicon wrote:
ArcProxima wrote:

So i used it twice in the last game. I believe it draws the last 3 scrolls to go into the discard pile. Harvester or harvester or rot eater, and i had to choose one, hardest decision of my life. :(
It only draws 3 scrolls. It draws at the beginning of your turn, so with lingering 4 it first draws next turn at lingering 3, then lingering 2, and 1, then poof.

Hm, seems like a rather weak scroll for all of those 6 :decay
It's interesting that it allow you to redraw a scroll you just lost, but is it worth the cost.. not sure..

PostPosted: August 19th, 2014, 19:23 
Vanguard

In-game name: Astroplatypus
These scrolls intrigue me greatly.... Balance work is likely required. I hope that rarity is carefully considered (but just keep them all common please).

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 00:57 
Infantryman

In-game name: Bronzeclown
arachn1d wrote:
How is it possible that Earthborn Mystic has avoided the nerf bat for all three Waypoints updates?

Edit: Omen of Damnation - For everyone complaining about direct idol damage, just look here and see that it is not going away any time soon.

Why would Earthborn mystic merit a nerf?

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 01:54 
General

In-game name: Paralykeet
Bronzeclown wrote:
arachn1d wrote:

Why would Earthborn mystic merit a nerf?

To some people, slight overpoweredness for the sake of "build around" and balls-out-broken mean the same thing.

Check out my Community of Heroes project :D
Erratakeet Strikes!

PostPosted: August 20th, 2014, 05:04 
Spearman

Lots of very interesting scrolls. Exciting! Some of them look pretty scary.