All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 21:40

Post subject: Re: The Yogscast interviewing Notch
PostPosted: November 21st, 2011, 23:12 
Scholar

In-game name: Violix
Indeed, that's changing a lot! I don't quite want to judge this entire issue anymore right now. But if Notch is not overacting and what he said is kind of true, the Yogscast... well... messed up... ^^

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2011, 03:41 
Infantryman

About time this interview occured! :D A shame they didn't talk more about Minecraft, Mojang or Scrolls though.
About Simon's and Lewis's Minecon behaviour:
I've mostly been appealed by what little I've seen in the Shadow of Israphel-series, although I must say that when watching older stuff that the yogscast made, I am turned off by their lack of dignity, for lack of a better term.
My picture of Simon and Lewis were at first two nice, humble and lovely children, but over time, I see more of the childrens bad sides. Then again, children do not have enough experience about their surroundings to blend into them. My guess is that both Simon and Lewis still live in the world of childhood, but if that is true; you can't blame them - blame their surroundings. If there is something to my speculations - I want to congratulate Notch for being a good parent teaching his kids about what is wrong and what is right.
Also, I'm sorry Yognauts for ditching your heroes.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 02:18 
Scholar

There'll be an official statement from the Yogscast regarding this entire issue tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for that :D I still can't quite imagine what happened on Minecon.
The Yogscast on Facebook wrote:
we're back in the UK and Simon is sleeping off a bad case of con-flu - we will respond tomorrow if feeling well enough to draft out our statement - Hannah

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 03:29 
Scholar

Yogscasts Statement

OK guys, after all it's only fair, if we post the Yogscasts statement here, too! So here it is:

We’re sure many of you have seen or heard about Notch’s post-Minecon tweets, which were not what we expected to see when we got off the plane from Minecon – we’ve had a sleep now and recovered a bit, so this is our response:
We are very disappointed by these tweets from someone we admire and respect. We can understand that it was the morning after the deadmau5 party and Notch was very tired, but we are still fairly upset. The quotes and actions that Notch attributed to us were not said by us or published anywhere by us. Therefore we are surprised and confused about where this stuff has come from - especially since the only time we spoke to Notch was at the interview.
Regarding dropping f-bombs at the show - we apologise for this, but had rehearsed the whole show in front of the organisers and half of Mojang and they had approved it. We were given no guidelines or oversight in the weeks leading up to Minecon and there were ample opportunities at the rehearsal for Mojang to inform us of problems, such as being careful about swearing, which is pretty common in our youtube videos.
Out of all the tweets that Notch sent out, most hurtful was the accusation that we told a kid to “fuck off” and crossed out another signature – which is something we would never ever do.
We loved spending time with fans and were overwhelmed by how many people were there to support us and give us gifts. Simon has enough Jaffas to last him until the middle of 2012. The problem was that Minecon is a new show and organisation was pretty bad, and when we came to the scheduled signing sessions, nothing had been set up for us and we had to scrabble around to fetch tables, ropes and pens ourselves. With some younger kids around, it was our priority to make sure everything was safe, as we have seen injuries in the past.
This lack of organization contributed to long and confused lines and we were heartbroken to have to turn away so many people when we ran out of time. Simon can only handle a certain amount of time between cups of coffee and nicotine tablets before collapsing, but we made a real effort to get out there and managed to do about six hours of signing. Although we were frustrated, we would never have treated fans in the way that Notch suggested we did.
We were also unhappy and surprised that a week before Minecon, Mojang informed us that they had sold the rights to livestream our show and content to IGN – they hadn’t asked us, they hadn’t spoken to us – they just sold it. Because of this, we nearly cancelled the trip, but decided to say “balls to it” and come anyway, because we felt we owed it to the fans. Hannah actually spoke with IGN directly earlier, and they agreed to take their video down and let us put the videos up on our channel, so a big thanks to them for that.
We were not paid, and never demanded to be paid. We asked for some support, and Mojang said they could offer us two hotel rooms for the duration of the stay and a small boardroom to rest in. We spent a huge amount of money on flights, rooms, food and equipment for the 10 people that we brought along to support us, act as security, make videos/posts and generally help out. We also gave away 100 special t-shirts for free.
The reason we came to Minecon is because we wanted to thank you guys and meet the community that we love and are a part of. We couldn’t have gotten to where we are now without you guys, and so we decided to eat the costs of attending and just have fun. This is why we spent our panel giving a voice to loads of talented people that couldn’t attend but have made Minecraft what it is today.
We’re not gonna stop making videos, not going to stop loving you guys, and hopefully we’ll see you at more gaming conventions in the future.
Lewis & Simon & Hannah
EDIT: Video linking to this post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddMANh3Xis see, it is really me after all. Hi mother!

Probably there has been a big misunderstanding between Notch and the Yogscast. There's no doubt that Minecon hasn't been organized perfectly, since it was Mojangs first convetion. However, I can understand both points of view.

Notchs statement
just to remember
Notch wrote:
Wow. Hate, insults and threats are flooding in from Yogscast fans. I'll stop biting my tongue now.

Yogscast repeatedly insulted people, talked behind their backs, refused to cooperate, and acted like total spoiled divas nonstop.

They called us "a bunch of nerds who don't know how to run a company", demanded that we pay them to come here (nobody else got paid).

And they claim they're the reason minecraft is big and that we should thank them more than anyone else in the community. They're total dicks

A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead.

Everyone else in the Minecraft community is all about respecting and caring. They're not. They're an isolated island of egos.

All this said, I'm very tired at the moment, and this will probably pass. I do like the work they do, very much.

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 03:51 
Vanguard

I'm going to have to side with the Yogscast on this one, they have taken the moral high ground here and acted more mature than Notch did, although neither side has conjured evidence for their case, it just seems right to go with the levelheaded ones in this case.

The Blackstar Paladins

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 04:20 

In-game name: ShdwFlm
CornOnTheMob wrote:
I'm going to have to side with the Yogscast on this one, they have taken the moral high ground here and acted more mature than Notch did, although neither side has conjured evidence for their case, it just seems right to go with the levelheaded ones in this case.

Yeah, but that's probably artificial and exactly as planned. I bet they were totally upset, and decided to sit down to think about the most logical way to reply. If they fired back with anger and vitrol, it would've made them look as equally unprofessional as Notch. Who would make that move?

I think they made the smart choice here, but not out of being the better party of the two. In my opinion, they both deserve a degree of shame: Yogscast for doing whatever really happened to upset Notch, and Notch for lashing out about whatever seemed to upset him. Overall, Mojang should've run a better con', and Yogscast should've reigned in their act for the event.

Agree/disagree? :?:

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 04:44 
Scholar

ShdwFlm wrote:
CornOnTheMob wrote:

Yeah, but that's probably artificial and exactly as planned. I bet they were totally upset, and decided to sit down to think about the most logical way to reply. If they fired back with anger and vitrol, it would've made them look as equally unprofessional as Notch. Who would make that move?

I think they made the smart choice here, but not out of being the better party of the two. In my opinion, they both deserve a degree of shame: Yogscast for doing whatever really happened to upset Notch, and Notch for lashing out about whatever seemed to upset him. Overall, Mojang should've run a better con', and Yogscast should've reigned in their act for the event.

Agree/disagree? :?:

100% agree :)

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 16:12 
General

In-game name: selebu
It was clear from the beginning, that this was not a smooth running event. And I can also see, how a lot of the things that Yogscast describe happened, due to the lack of internal organization by Mojang. They are a bunch of nerds after all, and this makes them great at coding games, but maybe not so on corporate behavior?

At least notch's tweeting showed that they really don't know how to run a company.
That's just my 2 cents. I really can't say anything about who's right and who's not but neither can you ;)

PostPosted: November 26th, 2011, 06:20 
Newcomer

People fail to realize Simon and Lewis brought the rest of their crew with them...It's entirely possible (and likely) someone who isnt an immediate member of the yogscast did something rude.
I have checked out the yogscast forums before and the mods appeared to be completely full of themselves, it wouldnt surprise me if they were acting high and mighty.
It's true simon has a way of making inappropriate jokes but you can tell during the videos they put up he would apologize even if what he was joking about wasnt that rude.

It's INCREDIBLY rude to say they act like children when all they're doing is having fun and being themselves, notch acts just as "childish" if not more so.

In any case its not worth worrying about, its a personal disagreement between notch and simon/lewis, not a war between Yognaughts and mojang and even then its a stupid thing to argue about when nobody really knows anything for sure.