All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently July 26th, 2014, 13:51

Post subject: Scrolls Test Server Spoilers 0.95.1
PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 11:49 
General

In-game name: Blinky
As some of you will be aware there is a Scrolls Test server that Alpha Players have access to to help Mojang test any new Scrolls or features that they wish to introduce in the future. Today 6 new scrolls were added in a patch (0.95.1), 2 Growth, 2 Order and 2 Energy.

Automata Forge

Wings Shield

Crone

Metal Wonder

Faith Duty

Stag Heart

I will keep you up to date if there are any changes that have been made to these Scrolls.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Six new scrolls on test server
PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 11:57 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Gwildorix
My personal take on them:

* Stag Heart is nice. I reckon that you can enchant up to three of your creatures with it, and they will each gain up to +3 attack and +3 HP that way. Because I'm personally always a bit reluctant to play Bear Paw because of its countdown increase, I might very well play Stag Heart instead.
* Automata Forge looks like a very nice addition for Energy. A bit like Brother of the Wolf for them, but then with better units which pop out and a very powerful ability to pay Resources to lower his countdown. Besides that, it's also a nice wall with 5 HP for 3 Energy. But on the other hand, this might very well become the next Clock Library who everyone hates.
* Faith Duty's artwork is just plain awesome. I really love it. Interesting scroll, mainly because its ability fits better in Decay in my opinion, but that might just be me. Can be a nice play on a creature with high HP to essentially lock down a lane for your opponent (while you can still attack), but might be more use against Energy because Growth will circumvent it with Rally(ing).
* Crone is another 3 drop for Growth (like we've all been requesting), but the one I'm least excited about. You can put it at the front and use it to lock down lanes or force the opponent to sacrifice something, but there are so many ways to circumvent it. Opponents will attack it with cheap creatures, move the rest out of the way when they attack, and use one of the many removal spells to deal with it.
* Metal Wonder is another good Energy scroll. I don't know if it will be played a lot, but it seems like a good scroll to play against the spell/enchantment heavy decks. Nice to get one out early if you get it alive. But we also see more randomness, and a lot of players seem to dislike that already for the Mortar.
* Wings Shield looks awesome and powerful. Put it at the front with two creatures behind it, and you basically have a very powerful wall that basically nullifies all non-buffed creatures in Growth and even the Kinfolk Veteran can't do much against. Interesting to note this only goes for combat damage, so you can still use removal spells.

Post subject: Re: Scrolls Test Server Spoilers 0.95.1
PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 12:05 
Vanguard

In-game name: Matty
I won't get into the balancing of the scrolls since i don't know how they are like in game (seems like Energy got the better end of the scrolls at first glance).

They look awesome! Some good art too :D

The rules.txt could be clarified a bit easier for the Order cards
E.g. "Combat damage dealt to Wings Shield is reduced by the number of units behind it"

Let us know how they are like in game :)

-Feel free to ask me about something in game if you have a question or need help or tips-

Post subject: Re: Six new scrolls on test server
PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 12:06 
Spearman

In-game name: Zeadar
New mechanics to the people! :D

Dunno about stag heart, though. Need an "Eye of Hawk" scrolls that sniffs up enchantments for making staghearts really usefull imo. Although it's good to stack up with bear paw and bloodboil.

As a growth player I will fear order well too much now :<

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 13:50 
Scholar

I wonder..
Why does Crone have a CD?
And what does Faith Duty mean by the begining of the units turn, when it attacks? or your turn?
And how much dmg Metal Wonder deals?
Edit: Oh it says 2, its kinda hidden in the graphics of the scroll though.

Off to the test server to... well, test!

Last edited by Malachia on June 28th, 2013, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 13:54 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Gwildorix
There is a tiny "2" at the end of the middle line in Metal Wonder's text, hard to see because it runs into the border of the scroll. About Faith Duty, I think the beginning of your every turn.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 14:01 
Newcomer

In-game name: soapmaster
Maybe crone should have an attack value of 1, that way it actually does something if opponents ignore it.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 15:00 
Spearman

In-game name: Sharnt_Gro_Muzo
Blinky wrote:

This card is insane imo. This is a wonderful mana sink for late game. Plus cards like fury will synergise well with it. However it's the rare type of cards you don't want more than 2 in your deck. Because one on the board is enough.

Might be interesting for OE as well with all the reduc cd, the ramp, and summons.

Blinky wrote:

A good alternative to Waking Stones, will definitively bury Obelisk imo.
While Waking stones is more resilient against E, while Wings Shield (Winged Shield sounds better imho) is better against G/O. And might become insane with Plate Armor.

It's weak against E because of the nukes but also the AOE. It's better against G/O because you can stack your units behind and hit them more. But also because it's a human so you can move it, it can attacks so you can buff it with vanguard etc.

Blinky wrote:

Meh.
No seriously. This card can only be fun to troll your opponent with a binding roots etc. But that's far too costy.
Blinky wrote:

This card might be the core of a future deadlock deck with ether pumps coils mortar etc. Because if protected an idol will take at least 2 for destroying it via a spell, or force your opponent to no play a single spell, for each of them on the board.
Seriously this card is a win win. It's either top priority to destroy it, thus protecting other precious things or it will cheap away your opponent life or force him to not play spells until it is destroyed.
Blinky wrote:

This card has insane possibilities. It gives even more control over your opponent creatures to order, combo with all the order movement spell, and make use of healing spells such as Imp Ress, or may be resonant helm (this card is still terrible though).
Blinky wrote:

Good, nothing more, nothing less.
It doesn't have any flaw and reward you for taking care of your creatures.

My 2cents on those cards.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 15:04 
Scholar

stag heart is like an improved bear paw imo.
The only time bear paw is better is if you play a rally rigth after it.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 15:09 
Spearman

In-game name: Gaverion
soapmaster wrote:
Maybe crone should have an attack value of 1, that way it actually does something if opponents ignore it.

the idea is that it works similar to waking stones.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 15:26 
Newcomer

In-game name: soapmaster
Gaverion wrote:
soapmaster wrote:

the idea is that it works similar to waking stones.

Sure, but that doesn't make it anymore playable :p.
Not that anyone knows if it's playable without having tested it.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 15:42 
General

In-game name: Zylus
I don't get Crone at all.
I love every other scroll added, think they're well designed and balanced, but Crone makes no sense to me. As it is a 2 health movable wall with infinite spiky. Compare it to Royal Spearman, who costs the same, but has 1 health more and attacks for 2 every 2 turns.
I would like Crone to have some kind of effect as a wood witch, healing things or buffing them (which would also work well with the creature-oriented growth). For example, leave the stats as it is now and change the effect to "whenever Crone's countdown reaches 0, heal all adjacent units by 2 and increase their attack by 1 until end of turn."
Of course only a suggestion. ;)

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 16:18 
Infantryman

In-game name: G4MR
Time to save some mother freaking gold :D

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 16:20 
Spearman

Automaton forge is pretty insane, I like it.

Crone: why does it have a countdown if it can't attack, it makes no sense and its over-costed or too low health in my opinion.

Stag heart: this will not see any competitive play in its current form.

Order: the enchantment, sucks, like really, really bad. The shield guy is interesting, possibly a nice counter to veteran for order.

Last edited by CasualKilla on June 28th, 2013, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 16:28 
Skirmisher

In-game name: BarleyBeast
Yeah I play Growth and am very disapointed right now. Noaidi was good for my deck until the nerf but now (including these 2) the last 3 Scrolls are all meh.

I can see Crone being an ok Scroll to use if you put in on the middle tile of any row but since it doesn't attack, it doesn't even benefit from a rallying/crimson bull. I really hope Mojang changes it a bit. Not to mention that this Scroll is more or less useless vs Energy.

It doesn't fit the theme of Growth at all.

Oh and for those asking, Crone has a Countdown because some Scrolls like End of Reason target creatures with a set Countdown.