All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently November 17th, 2017, 18:47

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scrolls Test Server Spoilers 0.95.1
PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 16:49 
Spearman

In-game name: Rensje
I really don't know what Mojang were thinking when they designed Wings Shield. It's completely ridiculous in my opinion. Imagine slapping a Dryadic Power or Plate Armor on it and backing it up with two units (note how it says units, not creatures); it'll be an impenetrable wall for Growth, as if Order wasn't good enough against Growth to begin with.

If they're going to go this route, they should at least give Growth some sort of removal. Instead we get a useless old hag (note the 2HP, she'll die to absolutely anything) and an enchantment that is completely terrible on its own. I just don't get Crone, much like I don't get Frostbeard. Their abilities are useless because no one will ever attack them directly, ever. At least Frostbeard does a whopping 6 damage. Not that he ever gets to attack.

On the Energy front, I actually like those two. Automata Forge seems a bit shit but that's nicely balanced by Metal Wonder, which is pretty damn good.

I appreciate that every colour has to have its own distinct flavour, but I don't like where they're going with Order in particular. I don't use the term OP lightly, but Wings Shield is OP in my book. Very, very OP.

My Mono Growth guide.
  Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 16:55 
Scholar

In-game name: LeLas

Imagine facing 2 of these at the same time. It would knock out half an idol for every spell you play.

Pretty good card to cast in early game. Overpowerd in end game when players already have lost and damaged idols.

Stupid Energy...

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 17:48 
Spearman

In-game name: Huggiezz

In the mind of Huggiezz, 101:

Quote:

Automata Forge

A nice addition to energy for holding board presence witht their lack of low cost creatures. Seems like it will be ineffective early game and would get destroyed before it can cast more than 1 or 2 creatures, but late game when you can protect it and waste 3 energy per turn it would be a great way to hold card advantage and board presence at the same time. The animation on it (thanks for the stream Acidjib! <3) is also amazing, and IMO the best in the game so far.

Wings Shield

Interesting card, seems similar to Spearman, without the spike, but with more defense. I could see this card being very powerful played intandem with Armor Plating and any HP buff items. Looks to be one of the best "walls" in Order and I would definitly play it over Waking Stones, or even one type of Spearman if I had to.

Crone

Great addition to growth as they were lacking any type of effective wall. While Druid Burial Grounds and Vitality well can be used effectively, growths current form of a wall usually consisted of a Dryadic Power unit. Seems great for dealing with Order and their Spearman walls or relentless units.

Metal Wonder

Again an interesting card for Energy and could force an opponent to shy away from playing any Spells or Enchantments. I don't actually see it doing much damage to idols nevermind destroying them, but it would cause a Spell/Enchantment heavy deck some trouble and force them to change their playstyle on the fly.

Faith Duty

Beautiful art, but the card lacks anything special. It seems super situational, and would just cause the opponent to move their units out of the way. Frost Wind seems like a much better option.

Stag Heart

This card looks amazing! I am unsure why it is only a common. Getting 3 of these cards out only costs 6 Growth and would effectivley buff 1-3 creatures would a total of +9 attack and +9 health. I am sure we will see Purification become very popular with the abundant amount of Potion of Resist splash and now this card.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 18:25 
Newcomer

In-game name: _pitch
I registered just to reply to this. Metal Wonder needs a much higher resource cost. 3 of those on the field is just devastating considering how tanky Energy can get. Just sit them in the back, and you're in an extremely good situation. Most decks are filled with tons of Spell/Enchantment scrolls.

Of course we'll never know until it's in the actual game but I can truly see a lot of problems with it being such a low resource cost.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 18:39 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Rahnza
BarleyBeast wrote:
Yeah I play Growth and am very disapointed right now.

Oh well, I guess Growth can't get an "I Win" card every update. Stag Heart is great.

Rensje wrote:
I really don't know what Mojang were thinking when they designed Wings Shield. It's completely ridiculous in my opinion.

Maybe they were thinking "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Order won some games occasionally?"

Rensje wrote:
If they're going to go this route, they should at least give Growth some sort of removal.

Like, oh I don't know, Quake?

Rensje wrote:
an enchantment that is completely terrible on its own.

That's the point. That's like complaining that the Honorable General is terrible on its own. It's a card that increases in power and rewards playing well; sorry it's not "place this enchantment on your great wolf and instantly win the game."

Rensje wrote:
I don't use the term OP lightly, but Wings Shield is OP in my book. Very, very OP.

Looooool.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 19:13 
Newcomer

In-game name: Rob7045713
Rensje wrote:
I really don't know what Mojang were thinking when they designed Wings Shield. It's completely ridiculous in my opinion. Imagine slapping a Dryadic Power or Plate Armor on it and backing it up with two units (note how it says units, not creatures); it'll be an impenetrable wall for Growth, as if Order wasn't good enough against Growth to begin with.

If they're going to go this route, they should at least give Growth some sort of removal. Instead we get a useless old hag (note the 2HP, she'll die to absolutely anything) and an enchantment that is completely terrible on its own.

... You do realize what you just said there, yes? Stick a Hag in front of Wings Shield with Dryadic Power on it and it will die.

Personally I think Wings Shield makes the perfect upgrade to Royal Infantryman, albeit at a slightly higher cost.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 19:27 
Newcomer

In-game name: GamesOnTheBrain
Might Metal Wonder randomly hit an idol that is already destroyed and therefore do no damage?

... just like when a unit attacks an idol that is already destroyed?

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 20:35 
Infantryman

In-game name: Redgarex
Automata Forge - really good card, high hp and cool ability
Wings Shield - need 2 units behind + crown of Str to be good... thats too many
Crone - no comment
Metal Wonder - I dont like it
Faith Duty - seems good, but you can so easly dodge it
Stag Herat - there are better buffs. Need 2 pieces in play to be better than others, what is rather rare situation.

Last edited by Redgarex on June 28th, 2013, 20:37, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 20:36 
Infantryman

In-game name: Lyee
Automata Forge is aesthetically my new second favourite card (after Cannon Automaton) and it isn't even released. I can't imagine the price on that thing upon release.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2013, 21:10 
Skirmisher

In-game name: BarleyBeast
Pretty much want to beg people in the Test Server to discuss buffs/changes to Crone with Mojang

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 00:01 
Infantryman

In-game name: G4MR
Metal should cost more resources, like 6-8. Most energy players stop sacking for resources around 8, drawing two of these bad boys could result to some really random wins.

I had an energy structure deck where my core unit was only a cannon automaton, it was slightly weak versus quake, but other than that I could stall a game out for 30-40 rounds w/ just structures. With that card in addition to my structure deck i literally think i could win much quicker.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 00:55 
Vanguard

In-game name: Harpia
Crone does fit the theme quite well though if you look at her in the classic sense of a witch. You don't cross those sorts of witches without repercussions.

I think the new cards are going to be interesting additions to the game. I'm very excited to see what Energy will be bringing to the table given the relative strength of their newest cards.

Last edited by Harpia on June 29th, 2013, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 02:39 
Infantryman

In-game name: justmilkey
As an Order player, I don't see Faith chain being any useful since we had Frost Wind, well it can couple with Horn of Ages, but at least let it able to cast on opponent creature for the -1 damage.

Wings Shield looks good but it's not really good consider many Growth splashes order use pother, pother Wings Shield out and it's dead.
I wish it's a 2 drop though, could be more useful.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 08:38 
Newcomer

In-game name: mythcaptor
Something I'm not sure people realize is that this is a balance patch. People are complain that "Oh growth got the crappy cards, oh hag sucks", but this is deliberate. In the current meta, growth dominates, followed by order, and finally energy. Doesn't it make sense that energy get the strongest cards, order get good cards, and growth get the weakest of the batch? It's not like growth needs an extra advantage.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2013, 09:10 
Infantryman

In-game name: justmilkey
mythcaptor wrote:
Something I'm not sure people realize is that this is a balance patch. People are complain that "Oh growth got the crappy cards, oh hag sucks", but this is deliberate. In the current meta, growth dominates, followed by order, and finally energy. Doesn't it make sense that energy get the strongest cards, order get good cards, and growth get the weakest of the batch? It's not like growth needs an extra advantage.

Balance patch? It's not, at least it's not balancing the current cards...

It doesn't means those energy cards can counter growth, instead those new energy cards can hurts order more.

Besides everybody is already shifting towards Growth so what's the point in adding afew new cards?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next