All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently March 28th, 2017, 20:28

Post subject: Scrolls Academy - Coping With Loss
PostPosted: May 20th, 2014, 21:23 
Vanguard

In-game name: SeeMeScrollin
Hi Scrolldiers,

This is the topic to discuss the article Coping With Loss hosted at The Scrolls Academy (http://academy.scrollsguide.com/guide/coping-with-loss).

Please keep the posts relevant and written in consideration that new players of Scrolls will be looking to these topics for advice.

Thanks

The Scrollsguide Team

www.theyseemescrollin.com/
www.youtube.com/user/seemescrollin
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Scrolls Academy - Coping With Loss
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 15:52 
Infantryman

In-game name: Raverbasher
This is a great article, even though it seems to have been written 6 months ago it's the first one which popped out at me when I went to the Academy. I'm a new player cos of the Humble Bundle deal and can relate to every point. Made me smile. Will certainly bear all this in mind next time I play and lean towards raging or quitting.

Post subject: Re: Scrolls Academy - Coping With Loss
PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 21:19 
Newcomer

I personally didn't like this article, because it fully puts the blame on the player ("you do not know the game well, and you are bad"), while completely shunning away from the fact that anyone with only a handful of starter cards will be put at a severe disadvantage against people with proper meta decks. Losses to smack-talking netdecking players are especially vexing when you know what deck they're playing, you pretty much know what their next move is going to be, and yet you still cannot counter them with the measely amount of options you've got, unless you get lucky.

I also think that sometimes it's better to express your anger openly (instead of trying to suppress it) whenever you feel the developer might hear you, since any opinions and feelings concerning the game, even when they are overly emotional, could be valuable feedback and help to make the game less frustrating in one way or another (e.g. blacklisting rude players, disabling the chat, improving the matchmaking system and many others).

P.S.
One thing that I do think is helpful to keep in mind is that Scrolls, much like any other TCG game, will always be a game of chance. You don't know what decks you will be facing, you don't know what cards you'll draw and you don't know how those random effects would act. While you can (and should) maximize your chances, there is always room for bad and good luck, and getting angry or cocky because one of you rolled a "six" and another rolled a "1" is plain silly.