THE BRAGGIN' BRAWL OFFICIAL RULES & INFORMATION
The torch may have been passed on to be, but there's no stopping this tournament of epic proportions! Once a month, all the guilds of the Scrollverse duke it out for fame, T3 scroll prizes, and the honor of the most sought after prize of them all - Susan, the Braggin' Brawl trophy:
Members of the winning guild may present this mark of excellence on their webpages and signatures for a month! Thanks goes out to Carnalizer for designing this trophy, but please bear in mind that the Braggin' Brawl is not an officially endorsed tournament and is not affiliated with Mojang.
The current holder of the cup is:
Hall of fame:
Badger Guild - 9 Victories
Strategic Angels - 2 Victories
The Braggin' Brawl will be held on a Saturday and Sunday of February, May, August, and November.
The next Braggin' Brawl, the Summer Braggin' Brawl, will be held on the 9th of May, 2015, 16:30 GMT, with Finals on the 10th of May.
Announcement & Team sizes
- The current Administrator is: Squiddy
- The rules of this document are written by the Administrator in consultation with the guild leaders for all guilds eligible to play in the Braggin' Brawl. Majority agreement is required for major changes to the rules.
- If the current Administrator wishes to step down, has been inactive in the game for a period of 3 months, or has shown themselves incapable of administrating the Braggin' Brawl; a vote of no-confidence can be opened by a guild leader if they have the support of 2 other guild leaders. An election will then be held in which each guild leader may nominate one person as Admninistrator, with each guild having two votes (the guild leader, and a member selected by the guild leader - who'll be invited into the Braggin' Brawl skype group.)
- The voting process is repeated until a nominee has achieved majority victory.
5-man teams - Phase One
- The Braggin' Brawl is to be held four times a year, one for each season.
- The Tournament is announced a week in advance, with sign-up pages and more.
- The standard starting time will be between 15.00 GMT and 17.30 GMT, and the date for each seasonal Braggin Brawl decided upon after discussions with guild leaders of guilds aged 1 week or more at the time a discussion is required.
- At least 3 guild leaders need to agree upon the date before the Tournament may be announced by the administrator. In the event 3 guild leaders cannot be reached in a reasonable time, the date is decided by the administrator.
- Each guild interested in participating will have their guild leader supply the administrator with a team rooster of five (5) guild members, up until 12 hours prior to the start of the tournament.
- If 48 hours up prior to the start of the tournament only 3 Guilds have submitted their applications, then the alternative team size of 3 people may be utilized to encourage smaller guilds to join (which will be announced on Reddit and scrollsguide.forum in new posts.)
- Alternatively, if only 3 guilds are participating, the Bo3s single-elimination structure will be replaced by a King-of-the-Hill round between 2 of the guilds.
5-man teams - Phase Two Rules
- Takes place on a Saturday of the given month.
- The format is team brackets, with matches being best of three for pairs.
- Where a Bye has to be given to a team, the last winning Guild of the Braggin' Brawl will be given preference. Otherwise, Byes will be determined randomly.
- The team that has three victories advances
- Each submit their rosters, and are matched vs the other team based on rank in a best of three.
- Takes place on the Sunday following the Saturday selected for Phase 1 of the given month.
- The format is King-of-the-Hill.
- Each team picks a member to start, they play a best of one, victor advances and loser is eliminated.
- The victor of that round then faces the next member of the other team.
- Play continues until one team runs out of players.
- Substitutions of team members may only be done if the Administrator or their proxies agree upon it, and only if the substitution is also a member of the same guild.
- You may not use a substitution that joined your guild during the Braggin' Brawl.
- Players who have memberships in multiple guilds must prior to the start of the Braggin' Brawl declare one guild for which they will play for, and will in regards to the Braggin' Brawl rules no longer count as a member of the other guild(s).
- Phase 1: In the event a team member is unavailable and no substitution can be found, games involving said team member will be counted as automatic losses.
- Phase 2: In the event a team member is unavailable and no substitution can be found, another member of the team may play as the substitute.
- The Braggin Brawl administrator and their proxies may not participate in the Braggin Brawl.
- Disconnects will not be grounds for restarting a match.
- Claims that one picked the wrong deck will not be grounds for restarting a match.
- Refusal to play your opponent will count as a win in your opponent's favor.
- A player count as unavailable if they are offline or unresponsive for 15 minutes or more, or if they announce they'll be unable to continue playing.
- Exploitation of known bugs (these will be listed in the announcement post before each Braggin' Brawl) will lead to a Warning the first time, and an automatic loss the second time a known bug is exploited.
- All Match results must be reported by both the victor and the defeated.
- The players listed in the brackets of the winning team in Phase 2 are eligible for the scroll prize given out by the Community Managers (1 T3 scroll of their choosing) while the players listed in the brackets of the 2nd place team in Phase 2 are eligible to receive a T2 scroll of their choosing. Substitutions do not receive these prizes.
- Members of the winning guild get to display Susan on Guild pages, Scrolldier profiles, and in their scrollsguide signatures.
- Members of the guild that haven't won must IMMEDIATELY take down Susan from guild pages, Scrolldier profiles, and their scrollsguide signatures.
- None of the above rules apply to the Braggin' Brawl (EXPERIMENTAL) test-runs. The Administrator may decide upon the rules whoever they desire during such occasions.
The Administrator or their proxies, reserves the right to change the rules at any time before, but not the day of, a Braggin' Brawl.
The prize is the cup. Hold on to it for as long as you can, and may the RNG be ever in your favor.