All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently April 18th, 2014, 20:01

Post subject: TBG Chronicles, Volume 1: Judgement with Blinky
PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 16:01 
General

In-game name: Blinky

TBG Chronicles, Volume 1: Judgement with Blinky

Good day everyone,

We over in the Badger Guild have been promising to do something like this for a very long time now so guess what, we are starting now :)

Every week one of us shall attempt to write something about scrolls that we see fit in an attempt to share out knowledge of the game with you. Hopefully they will turn out well, I know that this one has taken me a very long time.

In this article I attempt to show you how I go about drafting in Judgement and hopefully it will help to improve your drafting skills or at least get you thinking a bit :)

We start with the draft itself. When I begin a draft I never go in with a pre thought out play. For example I never try and draft something specific such as Mono Energy, I try (as best as I can) to draft the best deck that draft is offering me. With that, lets get going.

1st Pick

Spoiler: [show]

2nd Pick

3rd Pick

4th Pick

5th Pick

6th Pick

7th Pick

8th Pick

9th Pick

10th Pick

11th Pick

12th Pick

13th Pick

14th Pick

15th Pick

16th Pick

17th Pick

18th Pick

19th Pick

20th Pick

21st Pick

22nd Pick

23rd Pick

24th Pick

25th Pick

26th Pick

27th Pick

28th Pick

29th Pick

30th Pick

31st Pick

32nd Pick

33rd Pick

34th Pick

35th Pick

36th Pick

37th Pick

38th Pick

39th Pick

40th Pick

41st Pick

42nd Pick

43rd Pick

44th Pick

45th Pick

So from this draft I ended up with the following colloction of Scrolls to make a deck from.

http://www.scrollsguide.com/deckbuilder/#11013

1x Crown of Strength
2x Brother of the Wolf
1x Burn
1x Druid Burial Ground
1x Quake
1x Flip
1x Frost Wind
1x Mangy Wolf
1x Pushback
2x Ragged Wolf
1x Kabonk
2x Sister of the Fox
1x Speed
1x Pother
1x Eternal Statue
1x Vitality Well
1x Ancestral Totem
1x New Orders
1x Honorable General
1x Crimson Bull
2x Eye of Eagle
1x Ranger's Bane
2x Horn of Ages
1x Summons
1x Woodland Memorial
1x Stone Pact Memorial
2x Ducal Infantryman
2x Ducal Skirmisher
1x Wildling
1x Cursemonger
1x Wings Shield
3x Sister of the Bear
1x Redeploy
2x Aging Knight
1x Wings Captain

Total scrolls: 45

This now takes me on to the fun bit, building the deck. Now the way that I like to build my Judgement decks is to start with everything in it and take out the Scrolls that I do no want as opposed to starting with nothing and adding in the Scrolls that you want. Immediately therefore we can remove the Burn and Cursemonger as they are in Resources that we don not wish to play.

Next I will be looking to remove any structures that arent Memorials as I will be wanting Summons to be fetching me a Memorial every time I play it, this means that I can remove Eternal Statue, vitality Well and Druid Burial Ground. I won't remove Ancestral Totem however as that is just to good to leave out.

Now I look to remove things that I label under riff raff. These are scrolls which I am just not going to be playing at all (in most cases anyway). This means that 2 Horn of Ages, New Orders, Crown of Strength, Frost Wind and Redeploy are gone. Removing these Scrolls results in me only needed to remove a further fout Scrolls from my deck to get it down to 30.

As we have no Great Wolf Mangy Wolf can go, this does however leave me with few Growth Scrolls so I will be looking to remove Order Scrolls from now on. Wildling can also go as I think that it is just to weak to include in a deck with no enchantments or healing scrolls.

This leaves me needing to remove two scrolls and I think that I want them to be Order Scrolls as I wish for Growth to be the first resource that I look to sac into.

After long deliberation I decided to remove the General and Pushback. I just don't see myself getting to 6 Order often enough to justify it being in the deck. Four Order is also going to be hard so I removed the weakest of the four drops, that being Pushback. My deck that I will be taking with me into battle looks like this

http://www.scrollsguide.com/deckbuilder/#11015

2x Brother of the Wolf
1x Quake
1x Flip
2x Ragged Wolf
1x Kabonk
2x Sister of the Fox
1x Speed
1x Pother
1x Ancestral Totem
1x Crimson Bull
2x Eye of Eagle
1x Ranger's Bane
1x Summons
1x Woodland Memorial
1x Stone Pact Memorial
2x Ducal Infantryman
2x Ducal Skirmisher
1x Wings Shield
3x Sister of the Bear
2x Aging Knight
1x Wings Captain

Total scrolls: 30

My opinion of my deck was that it should go at least 4-1. All though not overly amazing it does have some great synergy and as long as I manage to avoid horrible decay decks then I should be fine.

Alas I did not avoid horrible decay decks. My first two games went easy enough. Both times I was able to begin with a great curve into order getting out 4-6 creatures by turn 6 and was able to keep up board pressure until I destroyed three idols. Then I ran into a horrible Decay and Order deck and although I lasted quite a while eventually my opponent was able to get quite a large rot eater on the field and once his harvester attacked from all the poison that he had played on my creatures it was game over. My fourth game was even more of a nightmare, every other turn it would seem I was being bloodline tainted and frost galed with some poison and return to natures thrown in for good measure. I was able to take down two idols and got a third to two health however I couldnt make it past in time and sadly lost again. My final game was a simple win. I was in trouble a bit at the start but eventually managed to over run my opponent through the sheer strength and numbers of my creatures.

So that is that. A little dissapointed to have finshed 3-2 but I did get 500 Gold, a Kabonk, Ducal Skirmisher, Wings Shield and Wings Captain for my troubles. I don't think my draft could have gone any better so I am pleased there, just sad that things couldn't have gone my way when it came to playing the game.

Anyway I hope that this will come of use to you and make sure to look out for the next instalment of TBG Chronicles next week.

Until next time

Blinky

*also if you spot any mistakes please let me know, thanks :)
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: TBG Chronicles, Volume 1: Judgement with Blinky
PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 17:36 
Infantryman

In-game name: TheCheesymaster
Great writeup, it offers a lot more dept than the usual video format. Getting into a high rated player's process of thought has helped me a lot over time.

Im looking forward to the next badger chronicle.

Last edited by TheCheesymaster on January 21st, 2014, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2014, 17:39 
General

In-game name: Blinky
TheCheesymaster wrote:
Great writeup, it offers a lot more dept than the usual video format. Getting into a high rated player's process of thought has helped me a lot over time. Just some small formatting mistakes: At the fourth pick ducal skirmisher isnt bold. At the 7th pick it shouldnt say [blightbearer. At 37th pick: Has cells.

Im looking forward to the next badger chronicle.

Thanks, all fixed

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 02:21 
Skirmisher

In-game name: fatlamas1234
Great I might consider playing jugment a few more times.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 20:19 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Hroswaladr
Nice one: actually considering giving Judgement a try now ...