All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 05:28

Post subject: Scrolls Deck Tier Lists v1.1
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 16:36 
Newcomer

In-game name: Kledonian
Hello today i will be taking all the deck in game and putting them in tiers by their win rates, popularity and my personal opinion.

I will be updating the list as updates come and with meta changes aswell.

Diamond Tier (Best decks) 1CD growth / Aggro growth

Gold Tier (good decks) Beast growth / automaton energy / Late game order / DO stall /

Silver tier (Balanced decks)Tempo order / Decay / Mono Energy structures / Late game growth / DG eclipse (or ratkingeddon deck) / DE jolt / Mono energy ranged / Melee energy

Bronze Tier (Pretty bad decks) Miracle pudding / YOLO decay / Undead decay / Armor order (anti-growth order) / Energy gravelocks / GD somatha /

Paper Tier (Decks i wouldn't recommend) GEO mystic punch (cancer mystic) / End of Reason
Here i will talk about my choices:

1CD growth- Best deck in the game in my opinion. It is the best simply becouse of low CD creatures which get buffed to oblivions and end up smacking you for 5-6 damage every turn.

LGO-due to the good win rates and high popularity i placed it in diamond but based on some opinions its going down to gold. It has some very good scrolls like inperial resources and reloras but the problem with it is that the it is countered by the current aggro growth meta.

Beast growth-a very powerful deck that isn't used that much but is very good due to a high beast spam and quite a few nice ways to end the game. This deck is better late game than a normal aggro growth deck.

Mono energy ranged-Very decent deck but not on the level of other gold deck so its going down to silver tier.

Tempo order-Not that great of a deck becouse it is only half decent against growth and pretty bad against others becouse it just cant deal with energies big hitters, decays negative enchantments, and growth enchantmants beat it aswell.

Decay-Not very popular or strong. Could way higher in the tiers but it is just bad in the current meta.

DG eclipse-Pretty decent deck recently seen in the higher ranked players games and could be good in the future. Ive seen two versions of it one decay focused the other one is growth focused and the decay one so far is doing better.

DE jolt-It's a good deck and everything but it is pretty draw dependant and the popularity of it's isn't the best.

DO stall-so far has been a pretty sucesful deck and climbing into the gold tier. Im really not the one to talk about this decks pros and cons so i will leave it as it is.

Yolo decay-Pretty weak in higher ranks but could be good to get to the 1600 rating mark. I wouldn't recommend this deck in higher ranks. You will lose board control very quickly with this and you will just have to hope that you can win games with direct idol damage.

Armor order-Only really good against growth. Just a worse version of tempo order.

GEO mystic punch-After the nerf its really bad and very draw dependant but could still work.

I was also planing on adding some links to example deck but there is way too many deck versions for me to pick one and add it.

Last edited by kledonian on February 11th, 2015, 15:33, edited 3 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Scrolls Deck Tier Lists v1.1
PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 22:26 
Spearman

In-game name: Codex_Arcanum
Not necessarily arguing with your choices, but I think that a tiering system really needs to be founded on either a bunch of objective data (which you should present if you're using it as a basis for this thing), or at least a bunch of somewhat objective logic and explanation. Your explanations for why certain decks are in certain tiers are sort of circular.

For example, 1CD growth is in in diamond tier (best decks in the game) because it is the "best deck in the game in my opinion". So... 1CD growth is the best because it is the best?

In addition, I really think that you need to identify what exactly the decks that you are talking about are. For example, I haven't played against a deck I could describe as "DE Jolt". You should either link to an example deck, or at least just say "DE Jolt is a combo deck that uses languid, infectious blight, energy siphon, and other negative enchantments inc combination with feedback jolt" or whatever.

For an example of a really good and detailed tier list (albeit for a completely different game with few similarities with scrolls) you could take a look at this.

Even though I have a lot of gripes with the implementation, I'm glad that someone is attempting to make some sort of tier list of deck archetypes. If a tiering system is built that is updated, and has some degree of community consensus, it would let players and Mojang keep a closer eye on the state of the metagame and deck diversity.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 12:03 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Actionholic
CodexArcanum wrote:
Not necessarily arguing with your choices, but I think that a tiering system really needs to be founded on either a bunch of objective data (which you should present if you're using it as a basis for this thing), or at least a bunch of somewhat objective logic and explanation. Your explanations for why certain decks are in certain tiers are sort of circular.

I agree.

Number 1 ranking player right now, Nrp, mostly plays Aggro growth:

http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/1211

Current number 2 player, Donkey74, mostly plays DO Stall right now:

http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/2541

Yet both of these decks lose to 1cd growth on the chart.

Maybe by 1 cd growth you really just mean Aggro Growth. I think a key difference between two decks is the inclusion of Earthborn Keeper and Rat King in 1cd Growth Deck. So very little difference.

Something like this:

http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/2401

Sysp plays End of Reason Growth deck mostly and he's #4 right now, but that's probably not what you meant by End of Reason deck:

http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/2262

Otherwise pretty solid ranking chart I think. One thing that's maybe debatable is DE Jolt Deck. Not very popular but incredibly strong with extremely high win ratio. I would think it would be in the Gold Bracket. But it just doesn't get played enough to gauge it. All I know is I lose to it fairly easy :) I think __J4 got top 10 playing it for a while some time ago.

Also, Undead Decay is listed in both, Silver and Bronze Tier. Probably meant it to be in Silver?

Also, no GD control/Somatha on the list?

http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/2326
http://www.scrolldier.com/deck/2028

PostPosted: February 11th, 2015, 15:31 
Newcomer

In-game name: Kledonian
CodexArcanum wrote:

For example, 1CD growth is in in diamond tier (best decks in the game) because it is the "best deck in the game in my opinion". So... 1CD growth is the best because it is the best?

In addition, I really think that you need to identify what exactly the decks that you are talking about are. For example, I haven't played against a deck I could describe as "DE Jolt". You should either link to an example deck, or at least just say "DE Jolt is a combo deck that uses languid, infectious blight, energy siphon, and other negative enchantments inc combination with feedback jolt" or whatever.

For an example of a really good and detailed tier list (albeit for a completely different game with few similarities with scrolls) you could take a look at this.

Even though I have a lot of gripes with the implementation, I'm glad that someone is attempting to make some sort of tier list of deck archetypes. If a tiering system is built that is updated, and has some degree of community consensus, it would let players and Mojang keep a closer eye on the state of the metagame and deck diversity.

Ive tried my best to impove the explanations but they never actually meant to explain the deck just the reason why they are in the current tier.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 09:00 
Newcomer

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

RS Gold
Maplestory2 Mesos
Runescape Gold