All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 00:17

Post subject: Some multicolor scrolls I would like to see!
PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 14:12 
Spearman

In-game name: KungfuDojo
Update:

Last card for now. Inspired by Harpias Vampiric Jailer. Art: Battleforge.

A very classic enchantment. Because there is Purification for 1 cost I was a bit hesitant putting this on 5 cost but then again it has so many function: pseudo remove a strong enemy unit, give you another one of your strongest units, copy an enemy fatty. The new unit should propably not proc comes into play effects to keep it balanced. Art: Mike Sass

A rather cheap card that might not have its place in early game though. Art: Torchlight.

Cheap Decay/Order hybrid with the Pother effect. Art: Torchlight.

Another 2 color as promised. This fatty comes with inbuilt Blast Strike enchantment. Art if from Torchlight.

My take on a 2 colored creature that also introduces a new trait: Flying

Basically what it does is jump across a specific number of hexagons. For example if you place a flying 2 at the front row it will ignore any units on the first 2 opposing enemy hexagon. Then it will attack the 3rd hexagon if there is a unit or go for the idol. If you place the flyer on the back row it will jump across your 2 hexagons in front of it and attack the first hexagon of the enemy normally.
There could be also creatures with Flying 5 that will basically always attack the enemy idols or creatures with Flying 1 that you have to place at the front to jump across anything. I hope you get the idea.

The way fire could work similiar to poison. There could also be spells that set units on fire for a certain amount of time.

Just some nice endgame scroll.

A high cooldown unit for energy. The idea is to counter spiky or go ranged for Bombard/Concentrate Fire.

I think growth lacks decent 3 drops. The ability seems very strong especially with relentless but it forces an Order splash (an just 1 or 2 wont do that much).

Some growth ramp/scroll advantage card that requires you to play a Kinfolk heavy deck. Should be nice on Jarl.

Btw I used Mojang art and artworks of the game Battleforge for the card images.

Last edited by Dojo on June 23rd, 2013, 23:19, edited 19 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Some scrolls I would like to see
PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 14:20 
Vanguard

In-game name: Argetlam
Kinfolk Champion is pretty good. You don't even need Order, that's more a bonus. Champion Ring, Dryadic Power, Bear Paw, Crimson Bull, Ancestral Totem and suddenly your Champion is like a cheap Jarl.

I think 5 Growth to play Kinfolk Gathering is better balanced. It's a nice card, can be very strong if you spawn a lot of cheap weak creatures around it.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 14:22 
Spearman

Wow, yah, those look really cool o: Would improve areas that growth lacks in. More relentless units to growth! And there is Gravehawk for G/E so there should be an unit for G/O aswell. I would like the ability to be more expensive tough. Like: Pay 1 order resource, lose 1 HP and gain 1 DMG. This would work quite nicely with Bear Paw.
It would be too OP if used in an order deck. You have 3 growth and 6 order. You play it, use 2x Blessing of Haste and add 4 damage to it in one turn. You will basicly have a relentless + haste with 5 attack :P Do the same next turn but with Speed and you have a relentless with 8 attack.
EDIT: This would probably be much more balanced if you could only do it once per turn.

The kinfolk gathering is also a bit OP. Reduce it to increase growth by 1 and add that you draw 1 or 2 scrolls if he dies aswell.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 15:34 
Vanguard

In-game name: Matty
Kinfolk Champion can be great in an order deck with 7 order since it can be boosted to a 8/2/3 in one round and can't be purified. However it is an equivalent to a 10 drop (3G 7O) so it would be costly but great endgame.

I think we need some cards for mixed decks.

-Feel free to ask me about something in game if you have a question or need help or tips-

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 15:41 
Spearman

Thanks for the feedback so far. I added another scroll, let me know what you think.

Concerning Kinfolk Gathering you are probaly right. Should be cost a bit more or be a bit weaker (then again it forces a Kinfolk deck, the same reason Great Wolf is so strong).
I think Kinfolk Champion gets balanced by having to split into 2 colors which often is a disadvantage by itself. Yes he can be reallly insane lategame but as you say you could do insane stuff with other cards for 7 order as well.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 19:59 
Vanguard

In-game name: Harpia
Kinfolk Gathering feels very strong, but I can't such much that already hasn't + you already are aware of what needs to be fixed.

Kinfolk Champion though may work better if it's effect lasted until the end of the turn. You can splash factions easily enough that it's not a great flaw to use as a balancing act and it does then demand a bit of resource management (7 extra dmg or Imperial resources sort of decision).

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 20:11 
Spearman

Woops it actually was supposed to be until end of turn. Now I can see why you guys thought it is op. I updated him and also added another Kinfolk!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 00:41 
Spearman

Aaaah, yeah, until end of turn, that's quite a good idea! :) Much better/balanced xD This also means that you probably won't be able to play any other order cards that turn :)
Overall I like the idea of a kinfolk focused deck since now there is basically only wolf-based decks. Being able to synergize better with kinfolk decks would be gold worth :)

Regarding the new cards:
Kinfolk Renegade: Really nice card, because growth decks have a problem countering spiky units, this will allow us to build a more aggressive deck and discard ranger's bane.
Walking Forest: I like the idea of adding a kind of binding root to a unit. The cost is so great so I don't see it as very unbalanced :) Might consider lowering the health tough (since the countdown is so low), but it is very costy... Hard call.
Spitfire: Taking countdown as damage? For three rounds?? That's crazy :P It is costy but with only one countdown it will be able to deal too much damage. I would say: DoT it for 2 damage (1 dmg/round for 2 rounds) and that the DoT can't stack (like Ranger's Bane can) - You can only have the condition applied once at a time, but it will be refreshed for each turn you attack the same target.
Holy Owl: Really good with a true hybrid card :) Like the card design ;) I really like the idea of the trait, this will allow much more tactical plays when it comes to placement of scrolls. Great idea! I would like the cost to be 3 growth resources tough because the base health value is kind of "high" in contrast to the trait.

Overall impression: I like how the cards you made/posted are very placement oriented, this is good because tactics in this TCG/Boardgame combo kind of game should be more important. This is something that growth is kind of lacking... While in order decks placement is lethal :S So yah... Great job!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 12:00 
Vanguard

In-game name: Argetlam
Walking Forest countdown of 1? That needs to be 2 at least. It does basically 12 damage/turn now. Combine that with the 8 health and the ability and it's overpowered. Even for a cost of 8 Growth. (If it's that expensive, I don't see myself playing it, ever.)
Spitfire: Maybe cost 5, countdown 2? I think that would be better. It does a lot of damage now. On units with countdowns, at least. You could have it burn a different unit every turn, even if that unit has a lot of health. I really like the ability, you shouldn't change that.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 12:42 
Spearman

Updated Kinfolk Champion to basically do the same thing automatically:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 14:06 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Gwildorix
I think the cost of 3 for the Kinfolk Champion is too low, 4 or even 5 would be better. As a mono Growth player it does occur a lot that I have 3 or so spare resources, after playing my whole hand, which would get him up to 4 attack, which makes him just about the same as a Great Wolf (5 drop, 3 attack, but 5 HP). And he becomes even better when you skip playing a scroll for a whole turn when he is about to attack and place him in front of a row of enemies to use his relentless with an attack of 8/9 or more.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 14:31 
Spearman

Gwildorix wrote:
I think the cost of 3 for the Kinfolk Champion is too low, 4 or even 5 would be better. As a mono Growth player it does occur a lot that I have 3 or so spare resources, after playing my whole hand, which would get him up to 4 attack, which makes him just about the same as a Great Wolf (5 drop, 3 attack, but 5 HP). And he becomes even better when you skip playing a scroll for a whole turn when he is about to attack and place him in front of a row of enemies to use his relentless with an attack of 8/9 or more.

He requires Order to boost his attack. As a mono growth player he would stay 1-2-3 forever.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 14:35 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Gwildorix
Dojo wrote:
Gwildorix wrote:

He requires Order to boost his attack. As a mono growth player he would stay 1-2-3 forever.

Ah sorry, I totally misread that. Disregard my post then!

As a mono Growth player it would still be a nice 3 drop to buff using the standard Bear Paws, Champion Rings, Crimson Bulls, God Hands, etc. to make use of his relentless ability.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 20:09 
Vanguard

In-game name: Harpia
Just realized that if you want Kinfolk Renegade to benefit from Bombardment you'll need to rework the ability. As it is it can only gain ranged at 0 Cooldown, which doesn't help you with Bombard (though Concentrated Fire works).

PostPosted: June 20th, 2013, 23:09 
Newcomer

In-game name: Slvl
Created an account just to say how amazing these ideas are. Every new card I see created or theory crafted gets me that much more excited for this game.