All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently December 7th, 2019, 22:14

Post subject: Another Suggestion Thread
PostPosted: December 11th, 2014, 10:35 
Vanguard

In-game name: Archmage199
Since everyone seems to be making these lately, I thought I might join in and voice a few changes I've been thinking of for a while. These are just my opinions, and I'm open to discussion. Now, onto the list! :)

General / UI
  • Make it that you don't have to remove and re-add a scroll to the selling section of the black market in order to change its price. Having to do that for several scrolls can get a bit annoying.
  • The way that magic resistance is displayed on enchantments such as Resonant Helm is inconsistent with many other scrolls such as Plate Armor, Machination Mindset, etc. On Resonant Helm and a few other scrolls, magic resistance 1 is shown as a trait on the enchantment itself, rather than within the main text. Hence, Resonant Helm should read: Enchanted unit gets Magic resistance 1 and Resonance: Heal 2. I know its not much of a big deal, but its been bugging me since MA was first introduced.

Scrolls
  • Cannon Automaton - Maybe 4 Attack and Armor 2? Either that or 5 Health. Compared to Wings Charger (which is a very weak 5-drop), all Cannon Auto has to offer is Armor 1 and Ranged attack for one more cost. This makes it exceeding weak for a 6-drop and in need of a buff.
  • Wings Charger - 5 Health or some kind of effect.
  • Pillar of Disease - -2 attack OR -1 attack and -1 move.
  • Fierce Tactics - Linger 3 (or 4) with the same effect.
  • Royal Infantryman - 3 Health and make it so that if a unit with 1 health is moved out of the effect, its health stays at 1 instead of it being destroyed.
  • Royal Spearman - 3 Attack
  • Ducal Spearman - 2 or 3 Attack
  • Bitter Root - 3 Health
  • Obelisk - 6 Health
  • Hex Marks - Idol strike is silly. It should be Pillage: Damage is increased by 3.
  • Siege Cracker - Same phrasing as Hex Marks.
  • Concentrate Fire - Not removed after the first attack.
  • Invocation Sentry - 5 or 6 Health
  • Terrene Brute - 5/5/5, Doesn't count down normally.
  • Underdog's Spite - Countdown decreases by 2
  • Flesh Animator - Only affects your units.
  • Berserker - 5 Health (might be fine where it is)
  • Gravelock Guard - 2 Health

Last edited by Archmage199 on December 16th, 2014, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Another Suggestion Thread
PostPosted: December 11th, 2014, 17:54 
Vanguard

In-game name: Verzuvius
Archmage199 wrote:
Since everyone seems to be making these lately, I thought I might join in and voice a few changes I've been thinking of for a while. These are just my opinions, and I'm open to discussion. Now, onto the list! :)

General / UI
  • Make it that you don't have to remove and re-add a scroll to the selling section of the black market in order to change its price. Having to do that for several scrolls can get a bit annoying.
  • The way that magic resistance is displayed on enchantments such as Resonant Helm is inconsistent with many other scrolls such as Plate Armor, Machination Mindset, etc. On Resonant Helm and a few other scrolls, magic resistance 1 is shown as a trait on the enchantment itself, rather than within the main text. Hence, Resonant Helm should read: Enchanted unit gets Magic resistance 1 and Resonance: Heal 2. I know its not much of a big deal, but its been bugging me since MA was first introduced.

Scrolls
  • Cannon Automaton - Maybe 4 Attack and Armor 2? Either that or 5 Health. Compared to Wings Charger (which is a very weak 5-drop), all Cannon Auto has to offer is Armor 1 and Ranged attack for one more cost. This makes it exceeding weak for a 6-drop and in need of a buff.
  • Wings Charger - 5 Health or some kind of effect.
  • Pillar of Disease - -2 attack OR -1 attack and -1 move.
  • Fierce Tactics - Linger 3 (or 4) with the same effect.
  • Royal Infantryman - 3 Health
  • Royal Spearman - 3 Attack
  • Ducal Spearman - 2 or 3 Attack
  • Bitter Root - 3 Health
  • Obelisk - 6 Health
  • Hex Marks - Idol strike is silly. It should be Pillage: Damage is increased by 3.
  • Siege Cracker - Same phrasing as Hex Marks.
  • Concentrate Fire - Not removed after the first attack.
  • Invocation Sentry - 5 or 6 Health
  • Terrene Brute - 5/5/5, Doesn't count down normally.
  • Underdog's Spite - Countdown decreases by 2
  • Flesh Animator - Only affects your units.
  • Berserker - 5 Health (might be fine where it is)
  • Gravelock Guard - 2 Health

I agree with most of the things you have listed. Though I think Fierce Tactics with Lingering would be way op. Play that and then next turn God Hand = GG! And Concentrate Fire would be way too overpowered. And there are some other things that I find weird.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 01:22 
Vanguard

I suppose you may be right about Fierce Tactics, so maybe the Linger could be reduced to 2. However, I think it's fair to say that it's definitely not playable ATM, so it still needs a buff. Maybe Concentrate Fire should stay as it is as well; I'm just trying to throw some ideas around and see what people think of them.

Also, I've got some more ideas! :)

• Caravans of the Expanse - Same effect + Dominion: Units with Dominion have +2 Health (or something else to make it have an effect when you've already destroyed an opponent idol).
  • Bloodline Taint - Revert the nerf :evil:
  • Crone - 1/3/2 - When Crone is destroyed, if it was destroyed by damage from another unit, that unit is destroyed.
  • Druid Burial Ground - 6 Health
  • Flesh Animator - Only affects Undead units you control.
  • Hellspitter Mortar - 3 (or 4)/2/6, Attacks a randomly selected tile on the same row on the opponent's board.
  • Ilmire Hunter - Back up to 5 Health
  • Underdog's Spite - Countdown is reduced by 2 instead of 1.
  • Machine Priest - Structures you control have +1 Attack. Once per turn, you may pay 3 Energy to move target structure to an adjacent tile.
  • Monstrosity - Either 3/2/4 or 4/2/4 with the same effect.
  • Oum Lasa High Guard - 4/2/6. Its ability means you have to put it on the front row, so its stats should be more like a wall's.
  • Refined Strategy - Countdown is reduced by 2 instead of 1.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 02:18 
Newcomer

In-game name: dwnpour
+1 for the hunter "change" :D - he would actually compete with the lifestealer again

and i also approve of the BM interface change :)

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 16:00 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Schmoke89
Ouh nice, I also have some suggestions:

General:

Start doing(more) Promotion, so the Game doesn't fizzle out.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2014, 11:05 
Vanguard

Thanks for all the feedback! :D

Now I have even MOAR suggestions!

General / UI
  • In addition to the change to the BM where you can change a scroll's price without removing and replacing it, add some way of seeing whether or not a scroll is below the lowest current price on the market e.g. highlighting it in red.
  • As someone (I can't remember who) suggested a while ago, change it so that you draw a scroll at the end of your turn (after the attack phase) instead of at the beginning. This would mean that you can more easily plan out your turn and what to sac while your opponent is making their moves.
  • Make the statistics the player can view much more detailed, including how many games have been played and won in each type. (Skirmish, Ranked, Judgement, etc.) I've heard that Mojang already tracks this data, so it should be easy to make it available for players to view.

Even More Scroll Changes
  • Royal Banner - 4 Health
  • Earthborn Keeper - 1 Base Attack (Maybe too OP?)
  • Mystic Altar - 4 Health and/or only increases the creature's countdown by 1.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2014, 04:04 
Scholar

In-game name: danatron1
General / UI

Make attack animations start before the last one finishes, but still stagger.
Place the crafting button on top of the middle crafting slot instead of under it.
Place the BM search bar above the list instead of under.
Change rares to sell for 300g when selling directly to the store.
Make you able to view judgement decks after you finished building them.
Be able to re-order chat rooms via dragging them in the list.
Have the game continue to list and log messages while in a game, even if you can't read them.
Reduce the faction specific scrolls to 150-175g each.
Include the tick-box for 'starter scrolls' in the deck builder and crafting window.
Include a 'craft scrolls' button in the crafting window, that crafts all filtered scrolls, like how the 'add scrolls' button works in the deck builder.
Tiered scrolls don't take the 15% tax from the BM. (as they're already worth so much less than 3x or 9x anyway)
Clicking your own profile while looking at someone elses creates a side-by-side view.
Fix individual buffing/summoning from wetland ranger, vanguard, wings captain, necrogeddon, and the like against the AI, and make surrendering against them immediate.
Let g: work in deck builder, crafting, trading, and anything else.
add a /profile command
Allow text to be highlighted, so you can copy and paste links, but not click them (or at the very least allow that in whisper chat)
Explain 'latest set' better, or dumb it down in the description of explorer packs
Ingame guild support
Allow r:x+/- to work (so for example, r:u+ would filter out rares and uncommons)
Holding down left click and dragging 3 scrolls in crafting picks up the 3 next craftable scrolls, instead of the first 3
Raise the difficulty of the easy/medium daily trials slightly (so medium slightly favours the opponent instead of you)

Last edited by danatron1 on December 18th, 2014, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2014, 04:53 
Vanguard

+1 to pretty much everything Danatron1 said. :)

Let's hope the devs see this thread, because all these changes are pretty easy to implement but would be really nice to have in the game.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2014, 23:15 
Vanguard

And Even More Suggestions! :)

• Powerbound - When enchanted creature is destroyed, increase Order by 1. Enchanted creature counts as a Knight. It worked with Shroud of Unlife; I don't see why it wouldn't be good on this as well.
  • Reduce avatar prices down to 2000g at most. ATM, it costs the same amount to get 50 new scrolls as it does to buy an avatar. Even 1000g would be a bit over-costed IMO.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2014, 00:30 
Scholar

In-game name: danatron1
Would prefer if crown of strength gave the knight subtype instead of powerbound. powerbound already sees a lot of use in decks that don't care much about knights or use them at all.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2014, 19:43 
Vanguard

In-game name: Verzuvius
I love the powerbound idea. :twisted: