All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently October 24th, 2018, 03:38

Post subject: Match Details
PostPosted: May 18th, 2015, 23:30 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
I was in the watch live games tab and was considering watching a game while I waited for a match to play. I looked through the available matches and saw that most of them were running some form of a multi-resource deck. I love the idea of watching a fully fleshed out dual or even tri resource decks, I just wanted to know whether or not it was a mono resource with splash or a true multi-resource. Then I thought, what if we could see match details before we watched a game more than just the round number and the spectator amount. So I came up with this suggestion:

Why not add a button, called preview, that generates stats when clicking on the preview button for a match on the left or right of the screen? (or overlay, I was thinking when you click on a match that stats for each deck could be shown on the left) I would love to see each players deck curve, so I can get an idea of how deep a deck is into it's other resource or how aggressive or late gamey a deck might be.

Just a thought for QOL changes that I would like to see.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Match Details
PostPosted: May 19th, 2015, 14:03 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
The problem with this is that it would be info that also benefits the players. There is nothing stopping someone from using a second account to check this info. How much would it help? Hard to say, but I think seeing stats that give the mana curve and resources is a lot of info to have before you even start the game.

The only way around this problem would be to make the stats available also during the match. I can't really say if this is good or bad. It would at least take away some of the mindgames and the skill of "reading the opponent". Growth with EoR is a good example, if you see the opponent has energy in his deck then t he entire surprise element is lost and you always know if you should position against melee attacks or potential spell damage.

Same might go for order. When you see the aging knights, infantrymen, wings shields and ducal/reloras at the start you don't really know if he is going to be tempo or lategame. Unless you see his mana curve goes up to 7.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2015, 00:59 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
I didn't really think of the negative connotations, I was just thinking of changes to improve watching game you want to watch. I guess instead of showing the exact curve, to prevent double account "cheats", just show a grayscale version of the curve so you'll only know if it's an aggro or late game deck which is probably really easy to tell early on in the game. Or the stats would only show if the game is actually started in spectator mode. Either would work in my opinion to stop such things. There are easy work around, but like I said this is more quality of life changes that would help me know if I would want to watch a game. I don't care if anything is added, just would be nice.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2015, 12:01 
Infantryman

In-game name: coperphild
it could work if you watch replay not a live match, there as preview played scrolls stats could be shown with no negative side effect

I’m coperphild. Who the hell are you?

PostPosted: June 12th, 2015, 14:12 
Vanguard

In-game name: Argetlam
LahoPaa wrote:
Growth with EoR is a good example, if you see the opponent has energy in his deck then t he entire surprise element is lost and you always know if you should position against melee attacks or potential spell damage.

That information is already available to spectators.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2015, 08:51 
Newcomer

This look useful.