All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:57

Post subject: ScrollsPC Helper - Check prices ingame and quickly!
PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 20:20 
Spearman

In-game name: Fabis
ScrollsPC Helper is a mod for the game Scrolls which allows users to check Scroll prices ingame. Prices are taken from http://ScrollsPC.com, the scrolls price database that gets updated by the whole community. With version 2, prices are going to be updated even quicker, because this mod sends anonymous* trading data to our servers, so whenever you trade, that gets anonymously logged on our servers (we don't save your username or password or anything like that) and we see for what prices are people trading scrolls. We do also send your ID, but that is only for identifying trades that have been made by the same person. There is no way to get your username, password or anything else from the data being sent.

Update 2.5 is out on Summoner!

How To Use:

Update v2.5: You can use "/lpc <scroll>" to check live prices collected from ingame trades.

Type the command "/pc <scroll>" in an ingame chatroom. Replace <scroll> with the name of a scroll. So if you want to check the price for Noaidi, you should type this in the chat:

Code:
/pc noaidi

You don't have to type the full names of scrolls, for example, if you want to find the price for the Destroyer, you can also just type '/pc dest'. If you shorten the scroll name too much, however, you might get another scroll, so don't just write '/pc s', because the letter 's' is pretty much in everything.

How do we use the Trade info:

1. Traded scrolls and gold gets saved in our database
2. The trade gets analyzed and we understand what prices were used in the trade
3. These new prices show us, what are the current prices for the scrolls used in the trade

Download:

This mod is now on the official repository, just go ingame and download it from the Mods tab!

Source:

https://github.com/fabis94/ScrollsPCH/t ... ScrollsPCH

Credits:
To kbasten, because I used his ChatCommands plugin as a base.

Last edited by Fabis on June 30th, 2013, 11:54, edited 14 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ScrollsPC Helper - Check prices ingame and quickly!
PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 20:25 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Patrick Munson
I don't see a mods folder!

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 20:26 
Spearman

TRHeadshot wrote:
I don't see a mods folder!

You must have Summoner installed, and then you should see the folder in the Scrolls directory. If you're on Windows the path to it should be something like this:

C:\Users\Fabis\AppData\Local\Mojang\Scrolls\game\Scrolls_Data\Managed\ModLoader\mods

Note that it's going to be a little different, because I doubt your PC User is called 'Fabis'.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 20:40 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Patrick Munson
Well, I have Windows 8 on this PC so lot's of shit is hidden, like I had to manually search scrolls then open file locations for it to appear. Shitty 8. I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 21:48 
Spearman

TRHeadshot wrote:
Well, I have Windows 8 on this PC so lot's of shit is hidden, like I had to manually search scrolls then open file locations for it to appear. Shitty 8. I'll give it a try.

Well its now on the official repository, so it should be easy.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 06:38 
Infantryman

In-game name: Kolt
The exact price of scrolls found at: http://trading.scrollsguide.com/
You can take the price from there?

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 08:15 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Pincky
Yeah the trading bulletin has a bot in the trading channels, which keeps the prices updated very well.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 10:32 
Spearman

Haven't tested it, but looks great.

Here is the source, if any one else wants to look at it.
https://github.com/fabis94/ScrollsPCH/t ... ScrollsPCH

Please always link the source, so we can glance over the code and be sure things are safe.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 11:22 
Spearman

Kolt wrote:
The exact price of scrolls found at: http://trading.scrollsguide.com/
You can take the price from there?

No, the prices are taken from ScrollsPC.com, hence the name.

I'm not taking prices from the bulletin, because if you're taking prices from the chat channel they aren't going to be very accurate. A lot of highballers and lowballers there.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 13:18 
Newcomer

In-game name: Boosterpack
Completely your choice to choose which data you use in your mod, but do keep in mind the accuracy of your source. Scrolls PC might be updated often, but the amount of users adding data is minimal at best.

There's like 6 votes for most cards. Any professional with a statistics background would call that insignificant aka unusable.

Edit: Scrap that 'updated often' message. Browsed 30 cards randomly, and updates have mostly been around 11 june. Ignoring that website from now on. :D

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 13:33 
Spearman

Boosterpack wrote:
Completely your choice to choose which data you use in your mod, but do keep in mind the accuracy of your source. Scrolls PC might be updated often, but the amount of users adding data is minimal at best.

There's like 6 votes for most cards. Any professional with a statistics background would call that insignificant aka unusable.

Edit: Scrap that 'updated often' message. Browsed 30 cards randomly, and updates have mostly been around 11 june. Ignoring that website from now on. :D

Maybe because not all prices have changed since the beginning? So you'd rather have prices changed often, disregarding if they are accurate or not. In that case, it's obvious why you wouldn't want to use the site.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 13:49 
Newcomer

Fabis wrote:
Boosterpack wrote:

Maybe because not all prices have changed since the beginning? So you'd rather have prices changed often, disregarding if they are accurate or not. In that case, it's obvious why you wouldn't want to use the site.

Yes, maybe. Very unlikely though. Prices changes daily, as it's a matter of supply and demand. There's no point in using that site if it has such a small sample size. And the info on it, for let's say the Noaidi is now 300-400 on ScrollsPC as four people voted on it to be the new price. Do you see it getting sold for that, even after the recent (test server) nerf? Right.

That website is laughable at best. Most people trade through trade-channels, and act on trade-channel messages. If you have a more accurate way to find out what people are willing to pay and buy, I'm all for it. Until then, Scrollspost.com for me (~1.200 prices through tradechat for Noaidi alone). And the issue of counting extreme prices has been solved too, so that's not an excuse to keep using the small sample size of ScrollsPC.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 14:54 
Spearman

Boosterpack wrote:
Fabis wrote:
Boosterpack wrote:

Yes, maybe. Very unlikely though. Prices changes daily, as it's a matter of supply and demand. There's no point in using that site if it has such a small sample size. And the info on it, for let's say the Noaidi is now 300-400 on ScrollsPC as four people voted on it to be the new price. Do you see it getting sold for that, even after the recent (test server) nerf? Right.

That website is laughable at best. Most people trade through trade-channels, and act on trade-channel messages. If you have a more accurate way to find out what people are willing to pay and buy, I'm all for it. Until then, Scrollspost.com for me (~1.200 prices through tradechat for Noaidi alone). And the issue of counting extreme prices has been solved too, so that's not an excuse to keep using the small sample size of ScrollsPC.

1200 Gold for Noaidi is what is laughable. I don't know anyone who would actually buy it for that. While 300-400 for Noaidi isn't all that accurate, that's because it's a new card. For anything else the prices are accurate, because they get updated by people who actually vote on the prices and tell you why they think the scroll is worth that price. More accurate than whatever you get in the trading chat.

And you're disregarding that the votes on the site aren't everything. They don't get automatically accepted, they get evaluated by price mods. So not only does the site get input from the community, there are also the mods making sure the prices are correct.

In a chat room, you get people selling Noaidi for 1200 gold (lmao) and no one to moderate those prices.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 15:30 
Newcomer

The 1.200 was to show you 1.200 pieces of data have been entered for that card alone, versus I believe 16 on your website. I rather trust 1.200 players that show their demand for cards than a few moderators as they both are players in the end and in the world of statistics (up to a certain level) more is better.

Are you going to argue math? Good luck with that.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 15:38 
Spearman

Boosterpack wrote:
The 1.200 was to show you 1.200 pieces of data have been entered for that card alone, versus I believe 16 on your website. I rather trust 1.200 players that show their demand for cards than a few moderators as they both are players in the end and in the world of statistics (up to a certain level) more is better.

Are you going to argue math? Good luck with that.

I'm not arguing anything, if you want your prices to be taken from the chat then use the trade bulletin.