All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 14:33

Post subject: Day 18 Arbalestier - Test-Server - One Feedback a day
PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 13:48 
Vanguard

In-game name: Badyuyu
Hey guys,

Wow! SO many replies for yesterdays card! You're all AMAZING! I love to see how this comunity ahs become even more involved in betwen sets :)

What this thread is about:

Once per day I will put up a card that is on the Test Server but not live yet! Everybody can then fill out a roster I show bellow to get their oppionion out there in a quick and easy fashion that is also easy to scan for Mojangs interested developers.
Only reply in this template (bottom) please and use rather short descriptions. Think of it as your "30 second feedback pitch". Like This:

Style: A very powerfull... crossbowman! I guess the crosbowman only got the knockoff versions ^.^
(Here you input yout feedback on the general idea of the scroll, independant from power. Just how it feels!)

Power: Just fine
(Here you say how you think the card fares powerwise. Use "much too weak, little too weak, fine, little too strong, much too strong". Don't input why. Just this!

Why? He is actually what Order needs. A comeback mechanism and an incentive to play Tempo Theft instead of Speed!
(Put here why you think is is too weak/strong! Again one short precise sentence only. In case you put "fine" in the field above you may skip this!

Does it fit the Faction: Very much!
(Pretty self explanatory I think.)

What would you change? Maybe make him cost 5 and lower his attack & health? So he can be comboed below 9 order.
(Write how you would improve the card here. One concise sentence only!)

Comment: You guys are amazing. Please keep up the Feedback. I havn't heard from them directly but whispers indicate Mojang likes this kind of concise feedback :)
(Anything extra you wanna say about this thread or the card. One or two short sentences only please!)

That's it! Hope you will all participate and help get some Feedback to Mojang that is easy to grasp and freeer of spam :)

Remember again only reply with this template and in short statements!

Template:
Code:
[b][u]Style: [/u][/b]

[b][u]Power:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Why?[/u][/b]

[b][u]What would you change?[/u][/b]

[b][u]Does it fit the Faction:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Comment:[/u][/b]

The Think Tank

Last edited by Badyuyu on July 8th, 2014, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Day 18 Arbalestier - Test-Server - One Feedback a day
PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 14:13 
Vanguard

In-game name: Zugon
Style:
Well he's more of a Harvester than the Wings Cleaver is. Weird for me to see piercing in Order but I guess they already have mish-mashes of various Energy traits, so I suppose it's fine.

Power:
Just right.

Why?
Has great synergy, but fairly weak without it; very Order-like!

What would you change?
I could change things but I don't need to.

Does it fit the Faction:
Well enough.

Comment:
I'm really hoping these new scrolls bring LGO back into the meta, it's my personal favorite thing to play.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 14:47 
General

In-game name: Paralykeet
Style:
Slow. Nice and slow.

Power:
A little too juiced- a little bit of design oversight.

Why?
It counts down regularly, and gets extra value out of playing disruption and positioning spells, ontop of a MASSIVE 6 piercing with Order's kit.

What would you change?
3-4 ATK, possibly made a 5 drop with 4 health too.

Does it fit the Faction:
Absolutely :) It fills the gap left by Focus-less Mangonels

Comment:
Easily my favorite Scroll of the .125 update. It's a clever mechanic- but putting high default ATK piercers in Order is just begging for all kinds of trouble.

Check out my Community of Heroes project :D
Erratakeet Strikes!

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 15:00 
Vanguard

In-game name: DrAkula
Style: Impressive looking unit with impressing power!

Power: Fine (?)

Why? Strong, might prove to be a bit too strong, but I think its too early to judge that yet.

What would you change? Nothing.

Does it fit the Faction: Yes, a very LGO Scroll.

Comment: Great job pulling off a 5CD unit! :)

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 15:54 
General

In-game name: davidslain
Style: Looks like order got another unicorn.

Power: Slightly OP, I think

Why? The attack at 6 means it always hits a full row, dealing 6-3-1 damage. This isn't a downside too much, but that 3 damage to that secondary target is brutal.

What would you change? Nerf the attack to 5 and you get a 5-2-1 distribution instead, and with Focus, that's 8-4-2-1, with Vanguard it's 7-3-1; still plenty of row clear with the synergies that order is known for, and still allows counterplay from the opponent without that synergy.

Does it fit the Faction: Order's kind of a catchall of game mechanics, so yes.

Comment: Love the scroll. Want the scroll. NEED THE SCROLL.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 16:03 
Vanguard

In-game name: Donkey74
Style: Wow very funky scroll his art definitely fits the scroll.

Power: Balanced.

Why? 6 cost is a big step, and he needs other scrolls to work at that so probably can only be effective post IR.

What would you change? Rah! Rah! Rah! Tempo theft interaction Rah! Rah! Rah!

Does it fit the Faction: Yes He is human, fairly advanced in technology, awesome armor, and all the order synergies.

Comment: That attack animation is so awesome and while i still dislike LGO I will probably like Knight Order :D

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 17:36 
Vanguard

In-game name: Astroplatypus
Style: Powerful and durable, but very slow, crossbowman.

Power: 'Bout right for this cost I think.

Why? Order needs a comeback mechanism, and this fits the bill. At 5 cd, he won't attack every turn even if you spam spells, but you can count down multiple Arbalestiers at once.

What would you change? This+Tempo Theft+Magnetizer is probably OP, so Make Tempo Theft more expensive. No compromises on stats, though; Order needs a comeback mechanism. Make the crossbow bigger.

Does it fit the Faction: Order units often have high health, and can work together nicely. Arbalestier has both of these traits.

Comment: Compare this guy's animation to the Knight Sergeant's. He looks sorta wimpy, to be honest. Great stats-wise though

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 18:05 
General

In-game name: Ironballs
Style: His art and animation are amazing. He and sergeant both may be a little too tall

Power: Slightly too strong

Why? Base attack is too high for piercing; that automatic minimum 3 damage to the second tile is real and with the ease with which order can buff units and fly around the board to negate any defensive positioning it gets out of hand fairly quickly. Relative to the damage output from other 6 drops ingame he does massively more; only cleaver comes close. Makes me want to never play cannon automaton ever again.

What would you change? 5 attack; and timing on tempo theft interaction.

Does it fit the Faction: Hmm.. hes a knight but i always thought of piercing as more an energy thing. His synergy with order's toolkit is insane!

Comment: So awesome overall; myself and many others are really excited to use him on live; he feels nice to use but is overbearing from the other side.

Last edited by ironballs on July 8th, 2014, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 18:41 
Scholar

In-game name: siRisacc
Style: Great Scroll it really fits order.... but it animation is quite unimpressive.

Power: 8/10

Why? It can be quite strong and is very versatile.

What would you change? nothing

Does it fit the Faction: Yes

Comment: I like it. I'm not in love yet though.

Last edited by siRisacc on July 9th, 2014, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 18:54 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Phobophile
Style: Epic! Too cool to show us his face. Crossbowman on roids.

Power: Good.

Why? Synergizes well with Vanguard for a good breaking point. Not too powerful. Positioning is key.

What would you change? Interaction with tempo theft should be nerfed (already confirmed). Otherwise nothing.

Does it fit the Faction: Hell yes.

Comment: Awesome unit, makes LAGO viable. Do not nerf it.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 22:09 
General

In-game name: Squiddy
Style: Very nice, fits Order despite being ranged/piercing thanks to the Crossbow precedence.

Power: Just fine.

Why? Because despite his overwhelming attack, he is a 6 cost and a very late-late game unit.

What would you change? Nothing at all.

Does it fit the Faction: Oh yes.

Comment: A lot of people want to see it nerfed, but I want to see how it affects late-game Order on live before any changes are being made to it. Even if the unit is stat-wise powerful, the decks it is played in might be overall weaker.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 22:09 
Vanguard

In-game name: DaOvalord
Style: Its like a living cannon.

Power: Between balanced and to strong.

Why? People are so far doing bad positioning agianst him. And tempo theft interaction will likely be changed so hard to say if he will still be a tad to strong after the change and when people start to position better.

What would you change? If he is still over the top when people start to position well and tempo theft interaction is changed. Then i could see the 5 attack be a fair change.

Does it fit the Faction: Honestly, not really. He got the resonance which seem to be a Order thing, only resonant helm has it and now this guy. There is other things that interact with spells like watcher and echomaton, but that is when opponent play spells.

Beside that so is he a ranged unit, piercing and dont really synergise with other Order units. So overall he is a oddball, but i do not complain. And i mean that HE do not give synergy to others, of course he benefit from vanguard and such.

Comment:A comeback scroll that Order needs but not sure we will be allowed to keep.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2014, 00:08 
Scholar

In-game name: Yann
Style: Nice

Power: Strong enough to compete with other 6-cost Order creatures, namely Honorable General. I would not nerf it.

Why? It will hardly attack every 3 turns and by this time it will already be languid / Violent Dispersal or Damning Curse. His good stats and his traits make him worth it though!

Does it fit the Faction: Completely. And we want this guy if we want lategame order to be something.

Comment: To me, it was fine for Tempo Theft to work on him, but I don't have access to the test server (I'm on Mac) so I could not check if it was somewhat too strong and recurring as a combo.