All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently September 28th, 2020, 18:47

Post subject: Controlled Lightning and Pillage Bug?
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2015, 13:40 
Scholar

In-game name: Nenananas
So Francony tested Ka Zum Driller vs me and used Controlled Lightning on it with the intention to destroy an idol. It didn't destroy the idol. Is this inteded or is this a bug? Haven't tested it with other Pillage units yet.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Controlled Lightning and Pillage Bug?
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2015, 07:25 
Spearman

In-game name: MarrmotFTW
I tested it with supercharged on all pillage units and your results seem to be constant. but i feel like this is fair because other wise it would be super broken with a lot of pillage interaction.
I do not know the actual reasoning behind it but if i was to make a guess it is because the spell deals the damage not the unit.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 15:57 
Vanguard

In-game name: Argetlam
Controlled Lightning triggers Blast Strike. That suggests the unit is the one dealing the damage.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 19:07 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
Argetlam wrote:
Controlled Lightning triggers Blast Strike. That suggests the unit is the one dealing the damage.

And slayer too. Pillage not working with "extra ranged attacks" is really weird since so many things do trigger from these.

I think both controlled lightning and supercharged should trigger every effect a normal attack would. It's just one of the things in scrolls you have to know from experience with no help from the game or card text. This type of inconsistencies should have been cleared from the game way before release IMO.

MarrmotFTW wrote:
I tested it with supercharged on all pillage units and your results seem to be constant. but i feel like this is fair because other wise it would be super broken with a lot of pillage interaction.

Would it really though? There are some fairly strong pillage effects, but is triggering them this way really so powerful? All you are getting is an extra attack, almost the same as haste. And we even have a card coming in echoes that triggers ALL pillage effects you have. Surely a single extra attack should be able to do it too.

Driller is kind of the exception, with a super strong pillage on a way overpriced and almost weak unit. But even with him you trade out board control for a chance at quick wins. Not usually the best way to go with energy I think. Although this interaction has existed way before Driller and he really should not effect what is essentially a bugfix.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 19:12 
Scholar

In-game name: Cantor
definitely a bug. controlled lightning, supercharged (and electrify) have the unit make an attack, and as such it is the unit dealing the damage. if that damage is to an idol, pillage should trigger.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 20:53 
Skirmisher

In-game name: ikraen
If remember, they were planning on changing driller, because they didn't like it, and how it would ruin some trials. I think they discussed changing it to idol strike. Haven't been paying full attention recently.

Their way

PostPosted: June 5th, 2015, 20:58 
Scholar

In-game name: Cantor
ikraen wrote:
If remember, they were planning on changing driller, because they didn't like it, and how it would ruin some trials. I think they discussed changing it to idol strike. Haven't been paying full attention recently.

Yeah driller could just as easily be idol strike 10, and probably should. but even then Idol strike should trigger off of supercharged and similar effects.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2015, 20:52 
Vanguard

In-game name: Argetlam
Idol strike 10 isn't the same as destroying an idol in trials and custom matches with >10hp idols.