All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 03:23

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 19:54 
Administrator

In-game name: kbasten

Site Suggestions & Todo

So you want to help improve this website?

Below is the list of things that have to be/will be done. If you see something on this website, it being a bug, spelling error or any other kind of issue, make sure to report it in this topic!
If you have suggestions regarding anything ScrollsGuide-related, topic and feature requests, feel free to post those here as well.

You can help fixing issues/items from the todo list as well; if you have a solution to a certain problem, PM kbasten or post below.

Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 10:58 
Vanguard

In-game name: MWK
Could you give an icon to "Oh, I Do Have A Face" achievement (and any others) and allocate a value for it too, something like "NA" or "1" would be great. It just feels strange without them, but if there's supposed to be an icon then that's a glitch.

More importantly, could you add BBCode when commenting on someone's wall? That would be very handy to have.

Thanks for your time!

BLACKSTAR

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 13:00 
Scholar

In-game name: Violix
So, hopefully this time it'll work. Don't want to write this entire post a 3rd time :D So I'd like to contribute several suggestions. Mainly regarding the profile pages for now. But there are some other ones, too. So let's get started with the first one:

Profile Signature
It seems to me that maybe the UTF-8 standard isn't implemented in the signature part of our profile pages, yet. But that's just an assumption. Anyway, the Blackstar Paladins signature is not shown correctly on the profile pages. However, it's working well in the forums.

Profile Page - Different parts, different sizes?
OK, so there are several issues regarding the size of those boxes/windows on the profile page. Actually the first thing doesn't really seem to be a bug, however, I'd like it much better when the "wall" and "comment" box would line up with all the other windows/boxes on the profile page. So they need to be extended to the right side a bit, as you can see in the picture below (No.1). Remember the scroll stats borders in the wiki Koen? We extended them to the right there, too, as it's simply looking better ;D

Moreover, the achievements window/box seems to be too wide. It's not lining up perfectly with all the other windows above, as you can see at No.2 in the picture. Seems to be like 4 or 5 pixels difference there.

Submitting Guides
Is the guide feature actually being used? Probably not yet but maybe it will become more popular when our community grows bigger and bigger :) It seems to be a pretty nice feature, tough. Anyway there's one huuuge problem right now. Submitting a large guide with tons of BBCode inside seems to be a bit hard right now as there's no preview function for it. Normally I'm double checking everything when I'm posting in the forums, especially regarding the BBCode. So you should implement a preview function there. Otherwise submitting a guide is no fun at all :D

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 13:31 
General

In-game name: selebu
Is there a possibility to have more notifications?
I don't know if that works for phpBB but other board softwares have these Facebook like notification system, so you see if someone posted on your wall, commented on your fanart or what not else

Edith says: and also, the posts in the "Forum Games" section should not be counted to the total post-counter imho

Last edited by selebu on November 25th, 2011, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 13:37 
Scholar

So now I'd like to talk about one of my absolute favourite topics, the achievements! To have achievements in this forum already is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in such a community. But of course there's still potential for this feature to become even better! ;D So ladies and gentlemen, here it goes:

Achievements

For having a better overview about what I'm talking about here's a picture of all the achievements implemented so far:

Missing Parts
MasterofWindandKoopa wrote:
Could you give an icon to "Oh, I Do Have A Face" achievement (and any others) and allocate a value for it too, something like "NA" or "1" would be great. It just feels strange without them, but if there's supposed to be an icon then that's a glitch.
First of all I'm totally agreeing with that one! Would be really nice to add the missing icons and add values like for example:
"done" & "not done"
"√" & "X"
"1" & "0"

Platinum Achievements
Well, then I'd love to have platinum or even diamond achievements. There already is one platinum achievement with "Stay A While And Listen". In my opinion it would be awesome to have platinum achievements for all of them. Especially since the gold ones are pretty easy to achieve it would be great to have one achievement which is only for the real hardcore members at ScollsGuide.

Most achievements have values of 10/50/100 so far. So platinum could be like 500 or 1000 then. But I think the achievements have to be balanced a bit better anyway. For example getting 100 friends fur "just" the gold achievement is really tough compared to playing 100 minutes arcade games for example.

Playing Games
The achievements Player and Player2 should get other names! Here's my idea:
Player: N3rds Just Wanne Have Fun
Player2: Try It Again

New Achievements
So finally, how about some new achievements, huh? Now that there's a wiki, we could have an achievements regarding that. Or a achievement regarding the walls on profile pages.

Share Your Knowledge
Bronze: 10 wiki edits done
Silver: 50 wiki edits done
Gold: 100 wiki edits done
Platinum: 1000 wiki edits done
Diamand: 10000 wiki edits done :D

Say Hello Buddy
Bronze: 10 comments on walls
Silver: 50 comments on walls
Gold: 100 comments on walls
Platinum: comments on walls

So I guess for now I'm done xD
Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

Last edited by Violix on November 25th, 2011, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 15:05 
Administrator

Quick update on the progress:

Signatures - fixed
Different sizes - fixed (we're still thinking of things that fit next to the Wall, so keeping it like this for some time)
Forum games increases post count - fixed
Playing games - fixed

Now working on the rest :)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 16:54 
Administrator

selebu wrote:
Is there a possibility to have more notifications?
I don't know if that works for phpBB but other board softwares have these Facebook like notification system, so you see if someone posted on your wall

Done! :)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 17:01 
General

Great work, thanks! :)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 19:34 

In-game name: ShdwFlm
Hey, great, thanks for making all those changes! Here's something similar:

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 21:40 
Scholar

Haha Shdw, now we're all looking for bits and bobs in the forum :D

kbasten wrote:
Forum games increases post count - fixed
Actually I meant "N3rds Just Wanna Have Fun". Sorry, I forgot the "s" in my initial post. It's refering to the song "Girls just wanna have fun", you know? :D

Anyway, good job so far!!!

Ahhh... one thing, though! What notifictations have you actually been talking about? And how have they been improved? I've never got any notifications about anything ^^

Kind regards,
Vio

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 21:51 
Vanguard

In-game name: ScrollsTheGame
Violix wrote:
So now I'd like to talk about one of my absolute favourite topics, the achievements! To have achievements in this forum already is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in such a community. But of course there's still potential for this feature to become even better! ;D So ladies and gentlemen, here it goes:
-snip-
So I guess for now I'm done xD
Kind regards,
Vio

I disagree about the oh do i have a face achievement having something next to it it is too easy as an achievement and the point of the achievement is to work hard to accomplish and gain loyalty

PostPosted: November 25th, 2011, 22:35 
General

Arkantheawesome wrote:
I disagree about the oh do i have a face achievement having something next to it it is too easy as an achievement and the point of the achievement is to work hard to accomplish and gain loyalty

But but but... if everyone get's it easily, it's not imbalanced or anything. Because, you know, everyone will get it. Consider it as a starter. Something to get you hooked with achievements ;)
(like pressing E to open your inventory :P)

PostPosted: November 26th, 2011, 10:12 
Vanguard

In-game name: MWK
Arkantheawesome wrote:

But there's no value in points assigned to the achievements! I want a number or some text to fill in the column, that symbolises the amount of the achievement you have. It's not technically easy either, I mean you're supposed to upload an avatar, that isn't especially easy.

While I'm here, I'll state several changes I would like:

The first new feature I want is BBCode shortcuts. If I want something to be in italics, I want to be able to select the text and hit Ctrl + I, or Ctrl + B for bold, etc. I'm not sure if that's possible but I would find shortcuts very handy.

The second very, very small tweak I would like is adding colons to the achievement titles, along with a very sad missing 's'.

(Forgive the very crude example.)

BLACKSTAR

PostPosted: November 27th, 2011, 12:14 
Administrator

ShdwFlm wrote:
Hey, great, thanks for making all those changes! Here's something similar:

That's not a bug, it's a feature :D

I think it's good to have a little separator between posts. Just gave it a shot at how it looks like without one, but it's better with one.

The first new feature I want is BBCode shortcuts. If I want something to be in italics, I want to be able to select the text and hit Ctrl + I, or Ctrl + B for bold, etc. I'm not sure if that's possible but I would find shortcuts very handy.

That is possible, though we have to find shortcuts that don't interfere with the browsers' shortcuts. I mean, if a shortcut would be Ctrl+W, you know what's going to happen :)

If anyone can help me find a list of shortcuts which are not being used by every major browser, we can definately implement it.

I started the list for Google Chrome, can somebody test those in other browsers to see whether they are used for something?

(All keys are used together with Ctrl; think that's a better choice than Alt)
Free shortcuts in Chrome
  • q
  • y
  • i
  • b
  • m

Not sure how accurate that list is, I just tried them and checked whether something on the page changes.

The second very, very small tweak I would like is adding colons to the achievement titles, along with a very sad missing 's'.
Done!

More importantly, could you add BBCode when commenting on someone's wall? That would be very handy to have.
Sorry, no. while some of the BBCodes might be useful to have, and will probably be added later, a few of them are going to make the Walls a huge mess. (For example, links, images, youtube videos)
This is definately added to the todo list to implement later on (with just the bold and italic tags for example) but it's not going to be added now.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2011, 17:45 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Wazations
A suggestion for the Wiki.

What might be useful to add to the wiki (when more information is released maybe) is the choice of what resources there are and what cards require that resource? for example:

If I wanted to know which cards used the Growth resource I could go into the resources section and then to the growth section which both exist and then it would give me a list of all the known cards that require that resource alone or in combination with others.

just an idea, if it doesn't make sense I will try explain it better.

EDIT: scratch this, it already exists :P

Last edited by Wazations on November 29th, 2011, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next