All times are UTC + 1 hour


It is currently December 13th, 2017, 21:40



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: November 8th, 2013, 00:31 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013
Posts: 191
In-game name: Schtauffen
Schtauffen wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed if you hover over menu options at the top repeatedly they will do the "open-close" dance for awhile. Best way to fix is to clear the animation queue and add the current animation. IE: if an object is currently closing and you hover over it again, cancel all current animations (the menu item should stop closing) and then animate to the open state again. Also, if its opening and you hover out, it should stop opening and then close immediately.

Just cleaner menu system imo

_________________
Design Entries: link
Currently Building:
MD "Reapers", MG Beasties, Blinky's MO Soldiers
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: March 15th, 2014, 19:18 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013
Posts: 215
In-game name: 4Robato
I would like to see the same filters that we have on the deck builder (like ap, hp, cd, etc.) in the piercing guide (or the new trading.scrollsguide.com) search box :)
That would make things easier when you forgot the name of a scroll (that happens to me very often xD) :P

Thanks! :)
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2014, 16:19 
Newcomer
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 8
Location: Switzerland
In-game name: LukiGamer
There's a problem in the wiki: Sometimes, you get logged out for no particular reason. It seems to happen quite often when you try to save your changes or click the "Preview" button. However, the occurrence of this bug seems somehow random, as sometimes you can work for an hour without encountering this bug... But there are also times where you get logged out every single time you try to save your changes...

Btw, I have talked to fomtg and he ensured me that I'm not the only person who encounters this bug ;)

Would be nice if this got fixed soon, as it can be quite annoying :D
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: March 26th, 2014, 05:17 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013
Posts: 111
In-game name: Mezahmay
I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion, but is there something that can be done to reduce the number of (what I assume are) bots that suggest we check out kitchen sets?
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: April 4th, 2014, 14:04 
Spearman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013
Posts: 34
In-game name: Cyrogem
Have a like/dislike on the thread overall, not necessarily individual comments, but just the entire thread.

_________________
The player who wins is not the one that drops the first idol, but the player that drops the last idol.
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: April 6th, 2014, 23:19 
Spearman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014
Posts: 44
In-game name: Luigisopa
Can somebody please change the "Popular news" section of the front page to something less old? New people to the forums seeing these "news" are thinking this game might be dead since 2012 (Thu 22 Mar, 2012 4:59 PM) lol

:mrgreen: bugging me since my first visit
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 04:05 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 216
In-game name: uwlryoung
DO something about those REALLY ANNOYING KITCHEN SPAM being posted in the forums.

I assume that people who are posting have had their username hacked, probably because they don't use this website anymore. But anyway, a message should be sent to that user and told that

"It has come to our attention that your account may have been hacked and is now posting unwanted messages in forums. We will delete your scrollsguide account in one week, unless you reply back to us confirming that you are still using this website. If you are using it, please change your password so that the bot cannot log onto your account and post spamming messages. Sincerely, the Scrollsguide team"

It is super annoying to see these posts! You need to get rid of them.
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 05:26 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014
Posts: 216
In-game name: Zugon
uwlryoung wrote:
I assume that people who are posting have had their username hacked,


Actually they just keep making new accounts. If you look at the bottom of the homepage you can sometimes see them.
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 05:58 
General
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013
Posts: 621
Location: Dresden, Germany
In-game name: Zylus
uwlryoung wrote:
DO something about those REALLY ANNOYING KITCHEN SPAM being posted in the forums.

I assume that people who are posting have had their username hacked, probably because they don't use this website anymore. But anyway, a message should be sent to that user and told that

"It has come to our attention that your account may have been hacked and is now posting unwanted messages in forums. We will delete your scrollsguide account in one week, unless you reply back to us confirming that you are still using this website. If you are using it, please change your password so that the bot cannot log onto your account and post spamming messages. Sincerely, the Scrollsguide team"

It is super annoying to see these posts! You need to get rid of them.



Actually we are banning users that post spam right away. The problem is that we can't do that much to preemptively protect the forums, so all we can do is really to remove the posts once they come up. Since our moderation team is relatively small, this may take some time. As far as I know, KBasten has a whole lot of IP ranges banned already, but sometimes these bots still make it through.
We hope you still enjoy Scrollsguide and we are doing our best to keep the spam at bay :)

_________________
~Scrolls & Scrollsguide Moderator~
~Personal twitter: @ZylusDota~
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 18:34 
General
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013
Posts: 707
In-game name: Nicon
Zylus wrote:
As far as I know, KBasten has a whole lot of IP ranges banned already, but sometimes these bots still make it through.
We hope you still enjoy Scrollsguide and we are doing our best to keep the spam at bay :)

I was wondering a few things, since this spam is really annoying me. I know very little this topic so feel free to correct me, but I feel like it is worth mentioning.

When you register there doesn't seem to be a clause against advertising. Is it not possible to include one, users will not create an account for the predominant use of "commercial advertising" or they will be held legally/financially accountable? Although it probably won't matter, but then at least you could send legally threatening mails to the kitchens involved.
Spoiler: [show]


The other thing is, hasn't your question that claims to prevent spam bots always been the same. What is the name of this game, "Scrolls" is an easy answer to teach a bot. Perhaps changing it every once in a while or using captcha's might help?
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 14th, 2014, 21:09 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012
Posts: 117
Location: France
In-game name: fomtg
Would it be possible to blacklist some words (such as kitchen) for users with very low post count? Ideally it would prevent post/thread creation and would be reported to mods so the account can be deleted if that was spam.

_________________
Scrolls Guide Wiki admin | Curse Scrolls Wiki admin | Playing Scrolls since 0.75 alpha | [Alpha] SG Scroll Design winner: Unstable Lightning Elemental
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: May 15th, 2014, 03:52 
Scholar
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013
Posts: 281
The level of spam here is tiny, you worry when you get a couple of hundred new accounts created each day.


Nicon wrote:
When you register there doesn't seem to be a clause against advertising. Is it not possible to include one, users will not create an account for the predominant use of "commercial advertising" or they will be held legally/financially accountable? Although it probably won't matter, but then at least you could send legally threatening mails to the kitchens involved.


Yeah, it'll be ignored, so that's ultimately a wasted effort.


Nicon wrote:
The other thing is, hasn't your question that claims to prevent spam bots always been the same. What is the name of this game, "Scrolls" is an easy answer to teach a bot. Perhaps changing it every once in a while or using captcha's might help?


Many CAPTCHAs have been broken, the default one in PHPBB is certainly useless. You can tweak them to make them harder to read for the bots, but then you end up pissing off regular user sign ups.

I've found bots generally don't bother to learn the questions, so as a result the Q&A method works surprisingly well. If you do have increased activity then changing the question takes a couple of minutes. But then I don't believe these kitchen spammers to be bots, more on that below.


fomtg wrote:
Would it be possible to blacklist some words (such as kitchen) for users with very low post count? Ideally it would prevent post/thread creation and would be reported to mods so the account can be deleted if that was spam.


PHPBB doesn't have that layer of detail, you can ban content so it appears edited, but not block the posts from appearing if it contains the blocked content. You can also prevent new users from creating posts, but all that achieves is spam posts appearing in existing threads which is more annoying.

Blacklisting the word 'kitchen' and replacing it with something like <removed> however does seem to have an effect.

It's something I did on the forum I run, and initially we saw the spam posts alter so that instead of kitchen, you get variations like k!tchen or k.i.t.c.h.e.n, and if the word kitchen is in their URL they either do the same as above (which ruins their URL) or they use a URL shortening service like goo.gl

Because these posts altered in response to a word ban is what makes me think they aren't bots. The net effect though, seems to be a diminished volume of kitchen spam. I'm still seeing a few a day, but that's down from around a dozen.
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 23:11 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012
Posts: 117
Location: France
In-game name: fomtg
Following the 0.123 test server patch, it looks like the Scroll Designer is now missing the subtype field for Enchantments... :roll: (i.e. just leave it whatever the selected scroll type is)

_________________
Scrolls Guide Wiki admin | Curse Scrolls Wiki admin | Playing Scrolls since 0.75 alpha | [Alpha] SG Scroll Design winner: Unstable Lightning Elemental
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 11:46 
Vanguard
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 216
In-game name: uwlryoung
Player Match History
The match history of scrolldiers isn't updating. At first I just thought it was temporary, so I just waited, but it's still not updating. Perhaps this was a decision purposefully made?

Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing the history of who played who, who won, etc. The main reason I like it is to check up on my guild members to see how they are doing, and seeing the battles they had adds more (for me) in addition to the graphs. So, I would like to see the histories continual updating!
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions
PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 14:10 
General
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013
Posts: 707
In-game name: Nicon
uwlryoung wrote:
Player Match History
The match history of scrolldiers isn't updating. At first I just thought it was temporary, so I just waited, but it's still not updating. Perhaps this was a decision purposefully made?

Mojang said they are waiting until they release the new launcher which should come with the next big update. Something to do with it being a lot easier to get match history then.
Top
  Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron