All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently September 17th, 2019, 10:16

Post subject: Re: Animovore + Scavanger Construct.
PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 01:56 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Butters
noobomancer wrote:
3 x Powerbound
3 x Kabonk
3 x Woodland Memorial
3 x Heritage
3 x Decimate
3 x Waking Stones
3 x Faith Chains
3 x Imperial Resources

3 x Eagle Eyes
3 x Sister of the Fox
3 x Stone Pact Memorial
3 x Fertile Soil
3 x Quake

3 x Scavanger Construct
1 x Unbinding
3 x Animovore
3 x Loyal Darkling
1 x Return to Nature
3 x Languish
3 x Draining Mist
2 x Damning Curse

I need 2 more 'Return to Nature' cards.

You also really need Rat Kings, they are awesome in this deck for generating deaths and blocking early attacks.

Yours is pretty close to what I am running in GOD now, except I play much less order and more Decay.

Harvester is fantastic in it, especially with Rat King ; you can quickly get to the point of dropping him, Quaking, and have him attack on the spot, making it a 8/4 Relentless Haste for 3, which is all kinds of awesome.

I also play Puppet + Nutrition, which is a bit cheesy but it is damn effective.
  Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: August 30th, 2013, 14:51 
Skirmisher

In-game name: noobomancer
I replaced faith chains with ilmire rot eater and did the 'marathon' trial. It took 30 turns and I was able to kill all 5 of the idols. My reources at the end were 29 decay, 136 order, and 60 growth. I'd drawn 463 cards. After blasting Imperial Resources more than 10 times per turn for the last few turns, my top Rot Eater was 59/59 (the second only a point below it) and my top construct was. 0/146.

Warranted, I had what I consider to be a 'perfect' start (stone pact memorial on turn 2, sister on turn 3 with powerbound, powerbound again followed by fertile soil on turn 4) and 'medium ai' isn't exactly the world's greatest opposition, but this was crazy.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2013, 17:47 
Newcomer

In-game name: cheshirebat
Butters wrote:

You also really need Rat Kings, they are awesome in this deck for generating deaths and blocking early attacks.

Yours is pretty close to what I am running in GOD now, except I play much less order and more Decay.

Harvester is fantastic in it, especially with Rat King ; you can quickly get to the point of dropping him, Quaking, and have him attack on the spot, making it a 8/4 Relentless Haste for 3, which is all kinds of awesome.

I also play Puppet + Nutrition, which is a bit cheesy but it is damn effective.

Do you mind posting your decklist? I like the idea of this a good bit, and would like to see a bit more.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 03:32 
Scholar

In-game name: DashSora
noobomancer wrote:
3 x Powerbound
3 x Kabonk
3 x Woodland Memorial
3 x Heritage
3 x Decimate
3 x Waking Stones
3 x Faith Chains
3 x Imperial Resources

3 x Eagle Eyes
3 x Sister of the Fox
3 x Stone Pact Memorial
3 x Fertile Soil
3 x Quake

3 x Scavanger Construct
1 x Unbinding
3 x Animovore
3 x Loyal Darkling
1 x Return to Nature
3 x Languish
3 x Draining Mist
2 x Damning Curse

I need 2 more 'Return to Nature' cards.

How do you win with this? ._. have almost no damage

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 03:08 
Skirmisher

Loyal Darkling, decimate, and faith chains deal indirect damage. You'll Cycle through your deck many times, allowing you to kill the enemy idols.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 13:21 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Butters
cheshirebat wrote:
Do you mind posting your decklist? I like the idea of this a good bit, and would like to see a bit more.

Here you go :
http://www.scrollsguide.com/deckbuilder/#7909
This is nowhere near competitive ; tri-resource makes you terribly vulnerable to bad hands, it's inconsistent, and it generally lacks polish. There are some choices that are more for fun than for actual viability (Grisly Graft can be hilarious).
I doubt this deck could be really something to be taken seriously until we get some G -> D and O -> D ramp scrolls.
You'll probably wonder why this deck does not include Unbind : I took it out because I don't like it, but it should probably still be in there, else there is little reason to go GOD in the first place (see how empty the O section is). Following that idea, I have moved towards trying to make GD work, without the O - that frees up the memorial slots and makes the deck significantly more consistent. OTOH Return to Nature as the only ramp scroll is terribly slow and insufficient ; again this will need to wait for a G->D ramp spell to have a serious shot at working.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 01:26 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Observer
I agree that it's a powerful combo. But still, all they need is purification, pushback, any curse, mire curse, violent dispersal, tick bomb, or, aside from the others, searing shackles and your draw engine is screwed. Or they can just take it out the moment it's played, which is what a good player would do anyways. It's really not as OP as it sounds.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 02:25 
Scholar

In-game name: DashSora
noobomancer wrote:
Loyal Darkling, decimate, and faith chains deal indirect damage. You'll Cycle through your deck many times, allowing you to kill the enemy idols.

But without board presence wouldn't it be really really hard to deal against decks such as agro growth, or late game order that just flood continuously?

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 13:37 
Skirmisher

Surviving the early game is the difficult part, however, waking stones does a great deal to keep you alive. Once you've establshed resource a bit though, you'll be quaking every few turns and eliminating survivors with decimate. Around turn 20-23, you'll have most of your deck in your hand and the resources to play quake multiple times in one turn.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 18:23 
Spearman

In-game name: ironblades
i'm running a deck focused around animovore+ construct. My thoughts are almost every resource type has at least one solid answer to the combo (decay having the weakest answer). How ever if you ever let multiple of these through to late game then there is a problem. For example my last game ~turn 20 I drew 8 cards + got 2 husks+5 decay at the cost of 4 cards and 2 growth. I can't think of any other deck combos that can produce the same net benifit. The drawback is how much prep it takes to set up and how easy it is to disrupt.

My combo was 2 constructs both with animovore an oblivion seeker played the turn before+ a witch doctor. Played nutrition to get +5 decay + 4 scrolls + 1 husk then I did it again with an oblivion seeker from hand. No other scroll combo I can think of even comes close to matching that draw power for that cost. As I said before it takes a lot of prep and easy to disrupt.