All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently June 26th, 2019, 07:12

Post subject: Magnetizer,
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 15:09 
Infantryman

In-game name: Jomango
I really like the magnetizer card, and i think it could have great potential for combos. The zero attack and low heath make him seem useless at first, but I think he's just asking for a good enchantment.

For instance, Reaping mask would make him a beast as long as you keep board control. He could also easily be fitted into a growth enchantment based deck, getting extra attack from cards like stag heart, and the Earthborn mystic.

My favorite combo, (which is so far purely theoretical as I don't have all the cards to test it out) would be piercing projectile and blast strike, with the occasional machinated. I'm not sure if it would work. If somebody could test it out for me it would be very much appreciated. But if it works, each piercing attack, and blast strike attack would add 1 cooldown to a whole bunch of your opponents units.

So, what do you think? Do you think he has potential, or am I just seeing things?

Let me know your ideas,

Thanks
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Magnetizer,
PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 01:51 
Vanguard

In-game name: Astroplatypus
Piercing Projectile, Blast Strike, and Machinated with Magnetizer is using *four* cards to buff up a creature that only has two health and could just die to a spark. A more effective combo would be to put fleetness on Thea or something else that already has piercing, or on a catapult of goo if you want the cd increase. If you want to use magnetizer, something like bear paw or stag hearts would do it... cheap and effective!

PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 01:55 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
There's also a thing called frost wind that does basically the same thing as that combo with magnetizer. :P
A better use of magnetizer would be to put caller's bane on him in a row with a ducal infantryman to ping idols down.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 02:01 
Vanguard

In-game name: Mezahmay
Another good enchantment for magnetizer is just a plain old crown of strength. Gives him enough health to escape burns and do a little damage. I also like magnetizer, but there are better scrolls I could be pay 2 order for, like more ducal infantrymen or making my waking stone 1/5.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 03:16 
Vanguard

In-game name: Astroplatypus
Magnetizer would make a good 1-drop, actually; it's on about the same level as crossbowman/aging knight, i think. This is a really nice scroll but its unfortunately not viable right now...

PostPosted: March 24th, 2014, 08:09 
Newcomer

I too like magnetizer scroll but more than that I like other creature scrolls also specially Breaker,Dust Runner.