All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently June 26th, 2019, 06:51

Post subject: Unbind
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 15:14 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Final_Move
Seen a lot of discussion about cross-resource ramping scrolls recently, but nothing I have read has mentioned Unbind... which is not really a surprise since it is, let's face it, terrible.

"Sacrifice target non-Decay structure you control. Increase Decay by 1."

I have never seen anyone play it in a match. So can we make it better? 2 possible suggestions after very little thought are:
"Sacrifice target structure you control. Increase Decay by 1"
Allow it to kill Decay structures to gain :decay . Obviously before the Puppet Soldier change this could have been abused (people just used Nutrition to abuse it instead) but now it can become a mono-colour ramp like Powerbound or Machine Chant. Has some mono-resource combo potential with Watcher. Keep cost the same or increase to 2 :decay .
"Destroy target structure. Increase Decay by 1"
Allow it to kill any structure like a Tick Bomb. Decay becomes stronger against its most difficult match-up (structure Energy decks). Increase cost to compensate (let's say 5 :decay ).
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Unbind
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 17:27 
Spearman

In-game name: DocFox
I have also never seen any player (or AI) play Unbind, ever. I like your suggestions, FinalMove - especially increasing its cost to 5 and changing the effect to: "Destroy target *enemy* structure, increase Decay by 1"

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2014, 19:44 
Scholar

In-game name: K1110n
I felt like unbind was always in a weird spot and never really had any good usage. I do feel like it should be buffed in some sort of way. Whether that's through new scrolls or changing it altogether, but I don't think changing it to destroy an enemy structure would be the bright idea since then it would be played most decay decks to help against energy. Since decay also is the most synergistic of all the factions, adding something that strengthens its weakness would be a bad idea since it would cause the same decay domination that happened when the faction first came out.

I would like something more abstract for a change like changing it to sacrifice a structure to give another target unit the same stats as the sacrificed structure(either the special text of the structure or the attack, health, any afflictions and subtype). While this might not be a practical change, I do agree that unbind is possibly one of the worst scrolls and needs something to buff it up.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 01:56 
Vanguard

In-game name: Donkey74
Maybe 1D Enchantment effect: when enchanted structure is destroyed gain 1 decay (and maybe whatever resource type the structure was and make it 2/3 cost), but that still might be too weak. It needs a buff i just hope it keeps some of its original flavor.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 05:10 
Vanguard

In-game name: uwlryoung
There was one time when it came in handy... that was when I was playing against a decay deck, and they mire-cursed one of my energy structures.

In the end, though, I didn't use it enough, so I took it out of the deck.