All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently September 16th, 2019, 03:08

Post subject: Culling The Flock discussion
PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 13:10 
Vanguard

I remember when this card appeared on the test server lots of growth players were very excited about culling the flock. This excitement quickly dissipated because this time period was the beginning of the rise of tempo order and other quick decks. Because of this shift in the meta giving up board presence by destroying your own unit for anything other than a win quickly became an afterthought. This is how I see it anyways, feel free to provide your own interpretations.

Anyways, I really like culling the flock as a card concept because I think it's just really interesting. How do you think culling the flock could be improved? Or maybe you think its fine as is?

My suggestion would be to make culling the flock set the units attack value to zero instead of killing it. So this way you still have a wall at least or a creature that could be buffed back up via enchantments. Feel free to critique this suggestion if you like and add your own thoughts.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Culling The Flock discussion
PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 13:59 
Spearman

In-game name: Vitriol
As you said, Culling the Flock doesn't fit well in an aggro meta. It does have its own niche however, and has the capacity to be a better Crimson Bull in certain decks (although having both is even stronger still).

It also synergises well with the other beast-specific scrolls Appurtenance, Essence Feast, and Pestis, so if those three are buffed, as is currently planned, G/D beast decks which benefit from the unit's death could be a thing.

If it doesn't become viable, that's probably more due to beast decks not being viable than Culling the Flock itself, which is why it's rarely seen at the moment.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 14:04 
Vanguard

In-game name: Buecherwurm
Maybe we get more beasts in future that make culling more of an option.

Some beast with 3 attack and 3 cost e.g. or an an werwolf enchantment - converting any creature into a beast (with +1 on all stats maybe)

We already got release inner power for 3 resources on the testserver - even better.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 14:35 
General

In-game name: Nicon
I don't think Culling the Flock needs to change. I think Growth will get more options for building beast decks in the future & when it catches on Culling the Flock will most likely become a really popular scroll. You cant always judge a scroll by its current place in the meta, its quite good but a bit hard to use because of the unreliability of beasts, & I think this will fix itself over time.

Someone used it to win a game against me once, ever seen a rat king deal 9 damage per rat, kind of scary.