All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently July 22nd, 2019, 14:47

Post subject: Scrolls that allow player to draw
PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 02:34 
Newcomer

In-game name: UmmChris
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys had any favorite scrolls that have effects that allow a player to draw more scrolls. I'm particularly looking for anything under a 3 summon cost, the lower the better - can be any color. Some examples would be Sister of the Fox or Morbid Curiosity.

Thanks!
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Scrolls that allow player to draw
PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 06:32 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Pokingduck
Hmm in decay animovore is pretty good. When a unit takes dies next to the enchanted unit, you draw a scroll and the unit is dealt 1 pure damage. It goes pretty nicely with a scavenger construct or even a rot eater or life stealer.

I really like infiltrate in order, as well as transposition. I feel like these scrolls, especially the first are kind of undervalued.

One combo I really like is also heritage played on the order memorial that gives you growth (name escapes me, it looks like a little bear). It's just so tidy in giving you ramp and draw together.

Speaking of combos, eager cryer is pretty nice for drawing scrolls. Either play it after a pillar of fatigue and remember to move it every turn, play Blight seed, or even splash order for mystic altar, and you have some crazy amounts of draw coming your way.

Growth has rekindled spirit, which I feel is often overlooked as a less useful fertile soil. I think that as we gain stronger lingering spells, we will see more of this card being played, as it's actually pretty strong.

Post subject: Re: Scrolls that allow player to draw
PostPosted: February 20th, 2015, 13:40 
Vanguard

There are alot of cantrips like Sister of the fox that let you draw. The most popular ones include pother (oder), infiltrate (order), transposition (order), languid (decay), burn (energy) and not really a cantrip but brain lice (poisons, when creature dies, you draw 1 scroll).

Growth also has fertile soil, which makes you sacrifice a creature to draw 3 scrolls. Order has Imperial resources which is pretty costy (7) but lets you draw 2 scrolls and increases order (resource) by 1.
There are some other ways to draw but these are popular ones. Also there are so far 2 creatures in scrolls that can draw instead of attack, which is earthborn mystic (growth, draws enchant from library and takes 1 dmg) and knight scholar (order, draws scroll).