Skirmisher

In-game name: Brothbrain
I thought I'd take my turn to do this.

Easy Trial:
- Your units start with Pilgrim's Feet.
- Your opponents units start with Amnivore and Languid
- Every 3rd round your opponent casts Necrogeddon
- Your opponents idols start with 7 health

I used a tempo order deck for this. Aggro growth worked just as well (just tried it). Just keep killing their units off. They have languid so the computer's creatures aren't that threatening and even though they get to draw cards, it doesn't seem to aid the AI much. When I used aggro growth, the AI had 34 scrolls in hand but wasn't able to play creatures fast enough to outpace me.

Medium Trial:
- You start with 2x Crone
- Your opponent starts with 1x boss Warding Stone, 1x boss Waking Stones

I used tempo order and ignored the row with Waking Stones altogether. You can outpace the AI and keep board control. Kill off the AIs units and once you have total control slowly kill the idols. Order is nice because you can Pother, Flip, or Pushback enemy units to get them out from behind the Waking Stones. I just used the Crone as easy walls in the beginning of the game.

Hard Trial:
- Your units start with Eternal Sword
- Your opponent starts with 3x Mangy Rats

Again, I used tempo order for this and won the first try. One other player, in chat, said he/she used an aggro growth deck. The Mangy Rats, poisoning everything you have, are really annoying. The AI also plays a decay deck with all the nasty. You'll want to play a fast deck. If it's too slow you'll be overwhelmed.

With the Tempo Order deck, I kept my Royal and Ducal Skirmishers alive. Relentless with 12 Attack is nice. Just make sure they're adjacent so they pass their Eternal Sword to another unit when they die. When I used Tempo Order it did come down the the last play as to if I'd win. I'm not sure if I would suggest actually using it. Relentless is really nice, but it still came really close.

As I said, another player in chat was successful with aggro growth. I'm not aware of how well it won though.

Conclusion
If you have anything to add, like better advice, feel free to post below. Also, when you post, please post the decks you attempted to use on the Hard Trial and, for each, your amount of wins and attempts. This will help others with the Hard Trials greatly.

Example (Fake Data):
Deck Name - wins/attempts
Aggro Growth - 0/3
Tempo Order - 1/1
Mono-Energy Structure - 0/1

Last edited by Brothbrain on March 8th, 2015, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Trials 03/08/15
PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 14:12 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Brothbrain
I just realized I posted in the wrong section... I'm assuming I can't move it. If a mod will move it for me, that will be awesome.
  Profile Send private message