All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently September 16th, 2019, 03:29

Post subject: Gravelocks and Elder
PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 15:48 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
With the new set giving so many new mass attack buffs, how about restoring ol' Gravelock Elder to give +1hp +1attack?

It's a bit weird to go back and forth between versions... but I think it would be pretty well balanced in the current meta and in the future unless there are huge changes to some new cards.

Energy is now dominated by automaton decks and humans or gravelocks don't really have good enough synergy to beat that. It's probably not ideal to have a deck rely so heavily on 1 creature to make everything work, but since there are no new cards coming any time soon there aren't really many options. Or maybe some other gravelock like uhu or outcast could get the +attack effect?
Gravelock burrouws has some potential... but it's not really good enough in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Gravelocks and Elder
PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 19:08 
Spearman

In-game name: Vitriol
I feel the problem with having Elder give +1 Attack and +1 Health was that it put too much (all) of the Gravelock synergy onto one scroll. Back before rebellion I played only Gravelocks, and how strong any deck was was dependant on when you drew the Elders. Obviously, Elder's power was moved over into Burrows, as Gravelocks got the new synergy with self-damage.

Personally, if Gravelocks were to have power and synergy added, I'd rather see it put into cross-resource. But then, I don't play Gravelocks any more, so I can't really say.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Gravelocks and Elder
PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 14:42 
Vanguard

In-game name: Lahopaa
Vitriol wrote:
I feel the problem with having Elder give +1 Attack and +1 Health was that it put too much (all) of the Gravelock synergy onto one scroll. Back before rebellion I played only Gravelocks, and how strong any deck was was dependant on when you drew the Elders. Obviously, Elder's power was moved over into Burrows, as Gravelocks got the new synergy with self-damage.

I agree with this, but I don't think burrows is enough to really make up for the lack of damage

Vitriol wrote:
Personally, if Gravelocks were to have power and synergy added, I'd rather see it put into cross-resource. But then, I don't play Gravelocks any more, so I can't really say.

This would of course be cool, but I don't see it happening without a completely new set of cards. Maybe if energy had a few more replenish cards you could fit hunters treaty with gravehawks and something else from growth.