All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 19th, 2019, 02:34

Post subject: The Wheel and Sail Guild [Open]
PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 04:00 
Spearman

In-game name: Skipio
[center]Image

The Wheel and Sail Guild
A welcoming and friendly guild for learning and competitive play!

http://www.wheelandsail.com

The Wheel and Sail Guild is a welcoming and friendly Scrolls guild. Our main mission is to form a community within the amazing game that is Scrolls. In Wheel and Sail we play and discuss with each other, other guilds, and who ever else takes us on. We have a strong core of high ranked players who can be competitive with the other guilds. We also encourage the lower ranked among us to battle and improve for the bettering of our guild as a whole. The Wheel and Sail is not just a nice community of noobies, we also have a fearsome bite!

This game is competitive and hard, Wheel and Sail embraces this and take the rankings by storm. Don’t think that we are just a funny little guild for players who sorta wanna be in a guild but don’t really care. This is a competitive guild. I have not set a rank limit because I believe anyone can achieve strategic excellence with practice and dedication. Wheel and Sail bridges the gap between the competitive and casual worlds. Badgeratti, Think Tank, French Spirit, Strategic Angels… Here we come.

We expect our members to:
- Be kind and courteous to all members of the Scrolls community
- Have a desire to improve your as well as the play of your guild-mates
- Be active in guild discussions on our website
- Participate in guild activities whenever possible

Activity is the key to getting a lot out of this guild. You get as much out as you put in.
All are welcome to join Wheel and Sail. We have several high ranked players as well as many new players just learning the game.

How to Join:
Visit our website www.wheelandsail.com and register by clicking the "Join the Guild button on the homepage. After you have registered, post an introduction to yourself in the New Members forum. Tell us about yourself. Where you live (generally), How long have you played scrolls, why you decided to join, ect.

Activity on website forums and in the in-game chatroom is the ONLY REQUIREMENT to join this guild.

Come chat in-game in the w&sguild chatroom.

http://www.wheelandsail.com

Last edited by Skipio on February 4th, 2015, 14:32, edited 19 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The Wheel and Sail Guild
PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 06:51 
General

In-game name: davidslain
Hello and welcome to the world of guilds :) Look forward to seeing you guys in the battlefield.

Pretty, Shiny Things

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 13:03 
Scholar

In-game name: Yann
Welcome to this new guild !

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 16:45 
Spearman

Thanks Guys!
Lets hope I get some members... :P

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 22:32 
Newcomer

In-game name: law5guy
Hey there Skipio,

I've been following scrolls on reddit and scrolls guide for a long while now and been looking into joining a guild and getting more involved. This looks like the perfect place to get started! My IGN is law5guy.

Can't wait to get started!

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 22:40 
Spearman

Hey there Law5guy! Welcome! I am eager to see you in-game! :D

PostPosted: January 14th, 2014, 22:47 
Vanguard

In-game name: PeeFuu
The W&F Guild wishes The W&S Guild a long and prosperous life!

PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 05:19 
Vanguard

In-game name: CuriousCat
Hi, I'd like to join the Wings&Shield guild.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a fairly veteran player, been playing scrolls since near the start of open Beta. I have over 1000 games, but most of them on my son's account. My son is 12 and loves Minecraft, and so he wanted to try Scrolls too. He lost interest quickly, but I fell in love with Scrolls. I finally got my own account when the gift codes came out, and my rating is currently up around 1600. I think I could go higher if I had more time to play more ranked matches.

I started as an Energy player originally, and switched to Mono Growth temporarily after the ratings reset as a fast way to climb the ranks. Lately, I've been experimenting with playing Structure Energy as I hear the matchup with Decay is reasonably favorable, and there is a lot of Decay played above 1600.

I enjoy playing the Judgement format, and don't understand all the hate that it gets. The rarity nerfs have helped a lot to make it more fun and varied IMHO. I'm not really that great in Judgement and usually go 2-3 or 3-2. Some of that is the luck of the draft and some is that I think a lot of people that play Judgement frequently are really really good at it, and this is my first CCG/TCG, so I'm not the most experienced player at drafting.

I've been checking ScrollsGuide forums quite frequently and posting occasionally. I recently completed my set of 3 of every Scroll (for the second time - I had a complete set before the 40 new scrolls that came with Judgement). I have a smallish set of extra commons that I can spread around to new players in the guild.

I live in Seattle, work for Amazon.com as a Software Engineer, with a wife, 3 kids, 2 cats and a dog, which keeps me pretty busy and unable to devote too much in terms of long stretches of uninterrupted time to play Scrolls and Scrolls Tournaments unfortunately. However, I would like to be a part of a Guild and feel a sense of community with some smaller set of Scrolls players, and work to move Scrolls forwards as a great game with an active and involved community of players. Despite how "few" people play Scrolls, it still is a couple thousand per day which is quite a crowd to get lost in really. During the week, I usually login to Scrolls a little bit in the evening, ~7-8 PM PST, and sometimes a bit in the morning ~8-9 PST, and whenever I get a little bit of free time on the weekends.

Looking forwards to meeting the other Wheel and Sail guild members and moving Scrolls forward!

PostPosted: January 15th, 2014, 15:56 
Spearman

CuriousCat!
Thank you for sharing your story with me! You are the exactly the type of player who is perfect for this guild! I am so glad you are interested and welcome to the Guild!

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 04:18 
Infantryman

In-game name: Praenomen
Hi, I've been invited to this guild and would love to join.

I've only had the game since Christmas (3 weeks now), but am already into the top 1000 ranked players, just by playing (and winning ;) ) a few ranked matches a night for the last week. I play mono order, although I am also working on an energy - order deck at the moment. I may or may not be able to devote long stretches of time to scrolls, as I am a student with homework, but I will be on almost every night (EST timezone). While my newness does mean that I don't have as many or as valuable of cards as more experienced players, I do have a large amont of spare commons that I can trade, sell, or give away if people need them (as a side note, I don't like the way decay plays, and so all my decay cards are for sale, just ask.)
It's an honor to be part of the guild, I look forward to playing with you guys.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 15:52 
Spearman

In-game name: Citheron
Hello Wheel and Sail!

I too would like to join your ranks. I have been playing scrolls on and off for the last six months. Although I really like the game and its strategical intricacies, the solitary nature of meeting random people on the ladder isn't enough to keep me playing. Reading the description of the guild I couldn't help but agreeing on every goal and ideal you have set for yourselves and the prospect of sharing ideas and playing with others with the same mindset would greatly improve a sense of community and the incentive to keep playing. I also like to both learn from better players and help those that are newer to the game. My scrolls library isn't extensive enough to afford competitive decks on all factions, but I do have some important cards for most factions except Growth - the store seems to not want to give those.

About myself: I am an avid order player and have only dabbled in other factions to complete the harder trials. I am currently at 1560 rating, but I hope to improve that soon enough as I concentrate on improving my play. I am a full-time student with a loathing of doing work in the evenings. Which isn't too bad, as I have the time to play Scrolls.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 16:28 
Spearman

Praenomen! Citheron!
Welcome to Wheel and Sail! You guys are both exactly the kind of player that is perfect for this guild! Welcome and I can't wait to meet you both!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 19:02 
Skirmisher

In-game name: alsavi
Hi,
I'm a Scroll player since some time and I would like to join this guild. The reason behaind this is to have some match with people that would like to have fun and share knowhow on the game.
I cannot guarantee my availability very often or the possibility to partecipate to tournaments, due to lack of free time, but I can guarantee the willing to share decks, startegies and to have matches with new players to make them better at the game.
I've a complete scroll collection and I put in place a number of different decks.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2014, 00:34 
Spearman

Alsavi!

Welcome to Wheel and Sail! I can't wait to meet you in game.
Best wishes,
Skipio

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 22:09 
Skirmisher

In-game name: alsavi
Today I log in the guild room and I had a nice match with Citheron: sometime is really fun to share some word during the match.

We spoke a little bit about the country of belonging, it is quite useful to know the time zone and when a player is used to login.
I my case I live in Italy (CET + 1) and I usually log in around 9pm during the week.