All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently November 20th, 2019, 10:44

Which deck is your favorite? (just for fun)
:growth Growth starter 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
:energy Energy starter 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
:order Order starter 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
:decay Decay starter 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: [march 13, 19:00 CET] THE STARTER DECK CUP
PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 22:29 
Skirmisher

In-game name: wbmc
Hey guys, it’s wbmc and I am pleased to announce

“The starter deck cup.”

*trumpets etc.* bla bla bla let’s get to it.

The tournament will be streamed ove at twitch.tv/thecheesymaster

TL:DR VERSION
Spoiler: [show]

As you may have guessed, this cup limits you to exactly FOUR decks: the starter decks. This way everyone can enter without having to be hesitant about ‘maybe not having the best-of-the-best deck because you are just a beginner’. It will also make it so that there won’t be any enchant-stacking (because obvious reasons) and no stall-decks / control decks (I’m fine with those but they can drag on the game too long sometimes, which isn’t a good thing for tournaments imo). And most of all, it will just be a lot of fun, and a new and different experience.

The decks.
:growth Growth http://scrolldier.com/deck/61
:energy Energy http://scrolldier.com/deck/62
:order Order http://scrolldier.com/deck/63
:decay Decay http://scrolldier.com/deck/71

The tournament will for the most part be single elimination, BUT with a slight twist. EVERYONE will play in the first round (unless we’re with an uneven amount of peeps, then 1 guy will get a bye). The winners will go on straight to round 3. The losers (and the guy with a bye from the first round) will have to fight to get there. Depending on how many people there are, matches will be held to get the number of people in round 3 up to 16/32 (depending on how many peeps there are. NOTE: If there would be more byes than matches this round will be dropped!). After that there will be single elimination. The finals will be best of 3. There will be a match for 3rd place (bo1).

Quote:
Me no gets it!

Have a look at <this> It is an example of how the tournament will go.

And if you still don’t get it, don’t worry. You will be told who your opponent is and all you will have to do is beat him to a pulp. The rest will be taken care of :)

Quote:
Why not just simple single elimination?

1. To avoid making a lot of people have to wait as they don’t play in the first round.
2. It sucks to lose in the first round, and to immediately be knocked out of the tournament. This way everyone will play at least 2 matches(with the exception of the guy that doesn’t get to play in the first round).
3. There will be less byes.

Quote:
Why not a full swiss?

Takes too long.

Some rules.
1. Be a nice guy.
2. If a players hasn't shown up 5 minutes after the start of the round he will lose the match. If this happens in the 1st round he will have 10 more minutes to show up. If he doesn't appear he will also be dropped from the 2nd round.
3. Matches last 30 minutes at max. If a match isn't finished 35 minutes after the start of the round both players will LOSE.
4. Report the result of the match to me AT ONCE. Please whisper to me.
5. chat room 'Tournament' will be used for ANNOUNCEMENTS and QUESTIONS only. Chatting can be done in 'Tournament-chat'. This will make it easier for me to answer everything you ask, and easier for you to actually read what I'm saying.
6. ALWAYS make screenshots. The scrolls community is really nice, but just do it to avoid any problems. It costs like 5 secs.
7. Byes (not the ones you get for winning the 1st round, the other ones) will be given at random, with 2 exceptions. If you have already had a bye you will not be as likely to get another one. If you have donated you can choose to be the first to get a bye. This will make you more likely to get to the finals of course, but you will have to wait a bit, and you might miss out on an amazing match ;)

Well, have I spiked your interest? I hope so. If not, then maybe you are interested in the prices. All donations (*cough*plzdonthateanddonate*cough*) will go straight to the participants, I don’t keep any of it. If I get enough money (won't be able to have enough for this on my own) I will also have a raffle to get the people that didn't finish in top 4 some prices as well.

What can you win?
(as of 11-3-'15, 00:00)

1st place - 8000G AND a preconstructed deck of choice (one of the decks in the store, must be one you don't already have)
2nd place - 6000G
3rd place - 4000G
4th place - 2500G

And there will also be a raffle, giving 1300G to 3 random players (that didn't finish in the top 4). Yes, you heard that right. You have a chance to win money JUST BY PLAYING. Isn't that awesome?

How do I enter you ask? Simple, just comment down below. You can also whisper to me (“wbmc”) in game. Say something like ‘I’ll join’ or so and I’ll add you to the list. Keep in mind that you can also whisper to me when I'm offline.

List of participants

List of donators:
TheCheesyMaster: 10000G - A big thank you man *hugs*
NecroManSer - 8000G - Thanks =D
Trotus: 400G - Thanks a lot mate
Atmaz (Community manager Mojang admin guy thingy) - A precon of choice

wbmc: A lot of time and dedication xD 6000G
(If you want to donate you can whisper to me (wbmc) in-game (also works when I'm offline).
Well, that’s about it guys. PLEASE ask any questions and give any feedback you have :)

cya friday.

Last edited by wbmc on March 13th, 2015, 19:33, edited 30 times in total.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: [march 13, 18:30 CET] THE WBMC STARTER DECK CUP
PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 22:47 
Scholar

In-game name: Nenananas
Haha, I love your style! (trumpets, coughing etc.)
Might not be home in time so don't sign me up yet, will let you know later ;)

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 06:35 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Tak4n
I think you are confused with your own tournament format. It seems you are actually trying to make this into double elimination tournament rather than single elimination. I suggest you to revise what double elimination tournament actually is and how it plays out because it seems you don't actually know what it is.

Now secondly if you make the brackets uneven then it won't work because there might end up 7 people in the winners bracket in which case your system breaks as there will need to be more byes in the middle of the tournament. It's something that is recommended to avoid for a more organised tournament.

You have quite a bit of organising work to do before you can manage to run this tournament but then again it's a lot of small things that just need some tweaking.

(Might sign up later once everything is more organised.)

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 08:39 
Newcomer

In-game name: Dirminxia
I'm interested.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 15:25 
Skirmisher

Tak4n wrote:
I think you are confused with your own tournament format. It seems you are actually trying to make this into double elimination tournament rather than single elimination. I suggest you to revise what double elimination tournament actually is and how it plays out because it seems you don't actually know what it is.

Now secondly if you make the brackets uneven then it won't work because there might end up 7 people in the winners bracket in which case your system breaks as there will need to be more byes in the middle of the tournament. It's something that is recommended to avoid for a more organised tournament.

You have quite a bit of organising work to do before you can manage to run this tournament but then again it's a lot of small things that just need some tweaking.

(Might sign up later once everything is more organised.)

Hey tak4n.

I do know how double elimination works, this is different. It is a variation on single elimination, with only the first 2 rounds being different.

Here is another way to view it:
It just a single elimination tournament, in the 1st round there are some byes as usual. But before the 1st round there is a round to decide which people will get a bye.

And this byes in them middle of the tournament? In this system there will only be byes in the 2nd round (and maybe 1 in the first), and in ALL cases there will be equal or less byes than in standard single elimination.
I have a sheet with all the possible matchups ranging from 8 to 64 players, so I don't think there are really any things lacking in the organizing. Sorry if my explanation of the system might have been a little bit hard to follow, but I ensure you everything will be fine.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 15:26 
Skirmisher

Dirminxia wrote:
I'm interested.

Awesome. Added you to the list. Cya friday

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 15:29 
Newcomer

In-game name: lce
Hi, i am interested. IGN: lce(l is L not i)
Thanks

PostPosted: March 9th, 2015, 17:17 
Skirmisher

lce wrote:
Hi, i am interested. IGN: lce(l is L not i)
Thanks

Added. :D

Post subject: Re: [march 13, 18:30 CET] THE STARTER DECK CUP
PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 09:16 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Tak4n
Alright, I trust you on this ;) you can add me to the party.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 15:28 
Skirmisher

Tak4n wrote:
Alright, I trust you on this ;) you can add me to the party.

Haha, awesome :)
Welcome to the party

PostPosted: March 11th, 2015, 00:21 
Infantryman

In-game name: kkingbob
Sounds like fun! I will try to be there.

Post subject: Re: [march 13, 19:00 CET] THE STARTER DECK CUP
PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 21:17 
Skirmisher

Due to personal reasons the tournament has to be delayed by 30 minutes. I'm sorry about this guys, but it was either this, or it had to be canceled. I hope this isn't a problem for you, there aren't that many participants so the tournament won't last as long as expected anyway. The tournament own't have any other changes. Cya Friday, 19:00 CET.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 22:32 
Newcomer

In-game name: wpq409
I'll join the tournament as well, what room is it in?

PostPosted: March 12th, 2015, 22:59 
Vanguard

I'd like to sign up

PostPosted: March 13th, 2015, 00:09 
Skirmisher

Welcome guys. Chat will be in 'tournament-chat', and announcements and questions wil be in 'tournament'.