All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently November 21st, 2018, 12:48

Post subject: Cool Mojang Marketing Strategy? Increase its funds...?
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 06:19 
Vanguard

In-game name: uwlryoung
Hi Scrolldiers!

I just thought of an interesting idea, and I wasn't sure how to entitle this post, or whether or not this belongs in the discussion or not... but I thought of something that would be kinda cool for Scrolls. The best part about it (for them) is it could be a money maker so that they can put more money into developing it.

My idea is this! You can buy physical copies of scrolls from your own collection!

I'm not sure what would be best, but lets just say that they sell each scroll for $0.20 (€0.15). That means a deck you have made of 50 scrolls would be $10.00 (€7.31) plus probably some shipping, so maybe up to $12 (€8.77).

BUT there could be price breaks for certain purchases. As an example, a price break could happen when you buy all the scrolls in a set (at the moment that is 304 scrolls). If you buy all the scrolls in a set, they would set the scrolls at $0.15 (€0.11) per scroll meaning buying all 304 would be $45.60 (€33.33) plus shipping. Then if you buy another set all at the same time (that means 608 scrolls) they could put a price break down to $0.13 (€0.10) per scroll meaning it would be $79.04 (€57.78) plus shipping for 608 scrolls. A third price break for buying another set all at the same time (that means 912 scrolls) to $0.10 (€0.07) per scroll meaning it would be $91.20 (€66.67) plus shipping for 912 scrolls.

Other price breaks could be considered, such as buying an entire faction instead of an entire set. If we are to do "set price breaks" it would be recommended to break up the sets, meaning maybe instead of having a price break at 304 cards, they should be broken up into two types of sets, those being (so far) the original set and the Rebellion set, so therefore, you wouldn't have to buy so many scrolls to reach the price break.

In my opinion, the best part would be that you can only buy the physical scrolls that you have in the actual game. It would be kind of like owning your own set of scrolls that you worked hard on. It would also be incredible if they could send out physical scrolls that shows a differentiation between tier 1, 2, and 3, meaning if your scroll is a tier 3, they are going to be sending you a tier 3 scroll! (Although, I assume stats would not be able to be included). If you could only buy the cards that you have, it would be an incentive for players who want to buy the physical scrolls, to keep playing Scrolls and collect all the scrolls before buying (especially because of the price breaks).

The main problem to this: scrolls tend to change from set to set, to help with balance and what not. This would have to be stated, that it is possible for the scrolls to change over time. But, perhaps once it's out of beta, the scrolls will be a little more "set in stone" and then maybe we can be assured that they won't go changing on us.

What do you all think about this?

I personally hope some Devs see this because I think it's a great business direction that will help increase funds for Scrolls and therefore add to its development! And truthfully, I would love to have my own scrolls in my hand!
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cool Mojang Marketing Strategy? Increase its funds...?
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 07:36 
Vanguard

In-game name: Zugon
I really don't expect to see any physical copies of scrolls for any more than a collector's item. Scrolls is a complicated game which would be very difficult to execute with only paper and play. If it does get executed, it'd probably be a large bog of rules and player-operated updates. Not only that, scrolls have a finicky shape which would probably be awkward to hold.

And for that reason, I don't think it'd be a highly profitable market. There would be very few people (of the already few playing the game) who actually want a physical set of scrolls for the purpose of touching and staring.

As for the buying from your own set, there's really not much point. Most people who want physical copies would either only want to collect physically to then be drawn off by needing to collect digitally, or would have collected digitally anyways.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 09:18 
Vanguard

In-game name: uwlryoung
Yeah. Should have mentioned, I meant for only collecting, not to play. I agree it would be too complicated for actually playing on paper, not mention where I am, almost nobody plays!

So anyway, I meant this entirely for collecting purposes.

And actually, another intent that I would have (for myself) would be to make decks with the physical scrolls. I think that physical scrolls/cards in my hand make it much easier to think of combos because I don't have limited space to see the scrolls, whereas on a computer there will always be a limited amount of space. It's easier for me to just lay out the scrolls in a fashion I like. So in addition to the collecting (which I really enjoy) it was also, for at least me, a deck building tool.

Does that make sense?

For others out there who are like me and love collecting, and if they would really make the scrolls a good quality, I think they could make money on it. Although, obviously not right now with the player base as it is. But, I definitely see this as a motivator to collect all the scrolls on the game, if you can only buy the ones you have in the game.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 16:06 
Scholar

In-game name: Ravenking
T shirts! And a bobble head Iron Ogre with a hat XD.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 17:01 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Manixx1996
A nice collectors item would be perhaps the current 4 champions (Thea, Nuru, Cay and Urhald) as decent-quality framed paper. This would have an added possible benefit of people seeing these things post around the internet or their friend's house and get them interested in the game.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 17:44 
Vanguard

In-game name: sitenuker
I'd much rather have a stuffed Witch Doctor or Piddlejack myself.

Also, if they were to make actual scrolls as merchandise, I'd like them to be actual scrolls, not cards. That'd be cool... but expensive.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 14:17 
Scholar

In-game name: kingsparis
meh. i can't really see a good money making in this.
first of all, peoples need to buy it, and i doubt many would. since scrolls doesn't have that many players.

secondly, it would probably not be making that much anyways.it would cost alot to make and for it being a profit many must buy it

thirdly, i don't think this is something anyone in mojang would really support because they are not like a regular company. a good example of this is that they have never paid anything ever for any minecraft commercials.

well i may just be wrong here. maybe peoples would buy it and it would maybe make a profit. but i still doubt that mojang would do that. the only reason they are even selling minecraft merchandise is because the fans demanded it.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2014, 15:47 
Vanguard

In-game name: Zugon
Well, I'm not sure how deckbuilding with physical copies makes a difference. You still have to buy them in the first place, then wait for them to be shipped, all for a little convenience. That's if it even is a convenience in the first place, the deckbuilder is fine as is, not counting deck sorting.

As I said before, people who want physical copies would probably have collected them in-game anyways and that you'll cut off sales if you limit what people can buy. It might act as a motivator, but it's mutually non-beneficial for everyone.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2014, 01:47 
Spearman

more half price copies to be distributed by players who already have the game for X-long would do a little of all that...

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 11:35 
Vanguard

In-game name: CuriousCat
Plastic figures would be killer awesome. I'd love to have little vaettrs or scattergunners or iron ogres!

PostPosted: October 28th, 2018, 10:47 
Newcomer

I have a new idea on marketing strategy, if you are interested just PM me

PostPosted: November 19th, 2018, 11:14 
Newcomer

Online advertisement is the most effective way for the brands in which they should spend their time and money in order to increase the sales because the methods like PPC Management, SEO and SMM will it will help you connect to large number of target audiences.