All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 18th, 2019, 06:27

Post subject: Grounds of the Fallen
PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 00:02 
Newcomer

Hello,

why this scroll [Grounds of the Fallen] gives +1 attack for oppositing units? It's bug or what? I think, that now is this scroll completely useless.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Grounds of the Fallen
PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 03:44 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Paradoxical
Why is it useless? Your units still have +1 attack and Magic Armor 1. It both increases the damage you can deal and prevents the opponent from dealing you too much through spells.

I agree that it's not too powerful of a scroll, but not every scroll needs to be epic quality.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2015, 07:54 
Newcomer

In-game name: Schoeckasaurus
It is not a bug that the enemy creatures can also get the +1 attack. If you read the card, it says that all humans get the bonus. Therefore, if your opponent has humans on their side of the field, they also get the bonus. On the topic of its use, obviously, if it gives your opponent higher attack then you have to be careful when you play, but that doesn't mean its useless. If you have a creature who's countdown is at 0 but needs the +1 attack to destroy a creature or idol, then it could be useful. It's just a more situational card.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2015, 15:55 
Scholar

In-game name: Yann
It's a card that could be useful against Mono Energy Structures, non-human energy decks, beasts, undead... But its use is mostly limited because the opponent almost always has humans and one major problem is that it gives kinfolk veteran +1 attack.

I've been thinking it could be good against Thundersurge and Quake, although I have not had much the opportunity to use it that way..