All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 13th, 2020, 00:16

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Mentorship Program! (Application Thread Mentors/Students
PostPosted: June 13th, 2015, 17:10 
Vanguard

In-game name: ktrey
Win, you have been added to the waitlist. You are the only guy on the waitlist so you should have a mentor soon.
Welcome to the program :)

PostPosted: June 14th, 2015, 22:53 
Skirmisher

In-game name: NoisomePossum
Ktrey, I'd like to sign up for this program again. My last time my mentor and I only played a couple of games and, although it was helpful, I feel like I still need a bit of help on some things.

In-Game Name: NoisomePossum
Scrolls Experience: I started playing just a few days before the Humble Bundle went up. Since my last time in the program I managed to get above 1600 and was playing very consistently in the range of 1650-1670. Since echoes' release, however, I've been losing nearly all of my ranked games (which is possible due to the fact that I switch decks nearly every match).
Time Zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours: Depends on the week but usually around 17:00-19:00.
What do you hope to get out of the mentorship program?: I'd like a bit of help with deck construction but mostly it would be helpful to have someone look at some of my past games and help me to analyze where I went wrong and what I could have done better. In particular, I seem to have trouble making a comeback when a game starts to turn south.
Current Deck: I used to play aggro energy before Echoes but now I'm shifting between Autos, Niara Growth, and Decay. I'm open to all factions though I find Order to be a bit boring.

I'm ok with mentoring in either English or French!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2015, 07:36 
Vanguard

Sweet. I'll add you to the waitlist. A mentor should pick you up pretty quickly.
glad to have you with us again :)

PostPosted: June 15th, 2015, 08:55 
Infantryman

In-game name: Gravekper
In-game Name:
Gravekper

Regular online hours:
4:00 ~ 15:00 in GMT, only weekends

Time Zone:
GMT + 9(Seoul, Korea)

Specialty?:
Any resource, prefer growth and decay.

Rating:
near 1650 right now

References:
I'm an experienced trading card game player. Have played various card games for about 10 years. I'm also playing Hearthstone competitively as a member of Korean hearthstone team, Golden Coin.

Scrolls Background:
TOP 8 on ESL opening cup
have reached the top on ESL ladder and kept it for several weeks.

A couple sentences about why you would make a good mentor:
I applied to improve my English speaking and teaching skill. So i prefer student who has microphone.
Also, Korean players are welcomed because I'd like to make Korean community bigger.

Gaming Profile
Twitter
  Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: June 15th, 2015, 18:05 
Newcomer

Student application

In-Game Name: Noir_CZ

Scrolls Experience: Playing since January, only Growth because I like the units estetics. I have done all the tutorials, easy and medium trials. I can usually manage easy and medium daily trials. I can almost always win easy AI skirmish and about 60%-70% medium AI skirmish. Never Hard. I can barely win against people.

Time Zone: GMT+1

Regular Online Hours: can be online 18:00 - 22:00 GMT+1 sorta

What I want: To get better idea how to play the game with faction I like. And preferably win. Most troubles I have is with the new Energy.

Current Deck: I.. guess it is a messed aggro growth? I have the links in my sign area.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2015, 21:01 
Vanguard

Gravekper I have added you to the mentor list. Thanks for joining up. Almost everything is run through the google doc and skype group. If you could Pm me your skype info or get Magpieman to add you to the group it would be awesome.

Noir_CZ welcome to the mentorship program! I have thrown you on the waitlist and hopefully you will have a mentor soon. :)

Now for a general update. The mentorship program is back in full swing. We have changed the administrative side of things considerably and in my opinion our new system is approximately 9001x better. The program is also a lot smaller right now as we lost a considerable percentage of our mentors.

I've just been editing the OP. There are a lot of sections that are no longer applicable and lots of outdated information.

The most exciting thing we are working on however is a gradual merging with scrolls academy. Scrolls Academy really hasn't been receiving love in the last 6 months or so. We will be dusting it off and slowly moving the mentorship program over to the scrolls academy pages. The plan is to renovate a lot of the guides, double the number of guides there, and turn the site into a home for the program to grow in.

The program was designed to be for and run by the community so your input is very valuable to me. Also if anyone wants to just help out but doesn't think they are mentor materiel we have plenty of work that needs to be done around the program. Let me know and I can put you to good use :P

PostPosted: June 17th, 2015, 11:21 
Scholar

In-game name: Nenananas
ktrey wrote:
The program was designed to be for and run by the community so your input is very valuable to me. Also if anyone wants to just help out but doesn't think they are mentor materiel we have plenty of work that needs to be done around the program. Let me know and I can put you to good use :P

Oh cool ktrey! I'd love to help out with the program but indeed, I don't think I'm mentor material :P just pm me and let me know what I can do!

PostPosted: June 18th, 2015, 05:11 
Skirmisher

In-game name: fatlamas1234
In-Game Name: fatlamas1234
Scrolls Experience: Im a little different then most of the students in that I have played scrolls for a very long time (almost 2 years now). I have never reached the level of mastery that I've wanted (top 50). I have a lot of scrolls, and a lot of the "meta" decks, if not I can usually buy them pretty fast.
Time Zone: PDT, I live on the west coast United states.
Regular Online Hours: Well, now that school is out I have a lot more free time. I can play in the morning about 8:00 (3:00 GMT), to about 3:00 (10:00 GMT). Any time in their works. Once I meet my mentor we can discuss a time, I ill surely be able to get on. This means I don't exactly have to be matched up with someone from my time zone, since I have a lot of spare time.
What do you hope to get out of the mentorship program? I hope to learn the advanced mechanics, the small things that make me better. I play the meta decks, the decks others do very well with, but I struggle to get past 1500 rating. I feel that my opponents are always getting really lucky with their draws, even though I know thats not true. I just need someone to explain to me how to excel in the ladder, how to do good, and how to go about dealing with new metas, and new decks. Im always surprised how PewQ comes on after a break, and within days jumps to the number one spot on the ladder, I think its really cool. I also, for some reason really struggle with growth faction, I don't know why I just always lose.
Current Deck: Really any deck, I play all factions. Tell me a deck you want me to build and ill build it. I have about 250 scrolls, on average in each faction, so I can build almost any deck.

Thanks for your time. fatlamas1234

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2015, 17:46 
Vanguard

Nenananas wrote:
ktrey wrote:

Oh cool ktrey! I'd love to help out with the program but indeed, I don't think I'm mentor material :P just pm me and let me know what I can do!

Aight so Nenananas. First off. So many damn n's. I kept getting it wrong.
Now that I've whined about that for a moment we can get to the serious stuff.

The mentorship program is in the middle of trying to merge with scrolls academy. Until that happens I only have lame mundane things for you to do. Like fetching me coffee and some such. Or flying my helicopter through hostile territory.

I do need someone to help me track down all the scrubs who wrote guides and see if we can't get them to update some of them. Or make new guides appear on the site. And if you see that someone's application hasn't been added to the google doc I give you full perms to do so and let them know they are in the program.
Hopefully in a couple weeks there will actually be stuff going on. This merger is taking longer than I had hoped.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14