All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 13th, 2020, 00:07

Post subject: Super Outcast
PostPosted: January 27th, 2015, 16:48 
Newcomer

In-game name: bongosmasher
I made a fun deck that can be very good where you buff the Gravelock Outcast to the point where it can't be destroyed. I don't know if there has been a deck out there like that but I quite like it and it has worked quite well for me.

Feedback would be appreciated :)

Deck List

Quote:
Winning condition is to get the Outcast out and buff him to infinity and beyond. For one growth you can heal him which makes him indestructible after some enchantments. You only need to go up to 4 or 5 resources with this deck as you want to draw as much as possible to get the right enchants.

Creatures:
There are only two creatures in this deck: Noaidi and Gravelock Outcast. The combo there is pretty obvious but I decided to only take two creatures so that the chance of getting one of the two with Eye of Eagle or Somata Shift is higher.

Structures:
There are some 2 resource structures in this deck. These are used to get past the early game where you wait to draw the Outcast or to protect the gravelock.

Enchantments:
These are simply the best growth enchantments. It is important to go for defensive enchantments in the beginning so that your gravelock can survive the early game.

Once you get to the stage where you have Machination Mindset and Death Cap Berserk on your Gravelock you are pretty much good to go. Just remember to heal every round.
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Super Outcast
PostPosted: January 30th, 2015, 11:19 
Infantryman

In-game name: cowzato
hmmm really interesting idea, but seems like it would be hard to come back from having very little board control. Also if your creatures manage to die there is almost no chance for a comeback. It seems like the deck would be really fun to play, but very hit or miss.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 12:21 
Newcomer

Yep, once you lose the gravelock, you lose the game but if you are careful only tempo order can really kill him because it can rack up a lot of damage in one turn. I haven't tried it on ranked yet but i think it could work :)

I had matches where I was in a corner because I had no board control but with machination mindset i was able to clear row after row which is really fun ^^

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 17:44 
Vanguard

In-game name: CuriousCat
Wondering how you deal with warding/waking stones and if a couple of tick bombs might help.

Also wondering if the gravelock's ability removes poison. If not, maybe a Rangers bane combo with blood boil might replace some of your attack buffs and offer some removal in a pinch.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 10:42 
Newcomer

You are right, Waking Stones would be a problem. Tick bombs would be a good idea but with potion of resistence you would have the same problem and tick bombs can't help with that. Maybe Inferno Blast could help. But that is also energy which is a problem as you don't sac for energy.

The healing of the gravelock removes poison which is good, i guess but that would be an interesting combo otherwise.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 11:41 
Vanguard

I encountered such a deck in ranked and it is powerful. Because ward+PoR = gg go home.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 13:28 
Newcomer

Yes I actually think that it can be a bit overpowered. You just have to get to that stage. Interesting, although not surprising, that someone else is using that deck :)

PostPosted: February 6th, 2015, 17:56 
Vanguard

I even know who uses it because I don't forget my ragequits. ErkanParren. Go get him. :D

PostPosted: March 10th, 2015, 10:32 
Skirmisher

In-game name: NoisomePossum
The AI from one of the hard trials does something similar to this. That might be where the other player got the idea. It's the trial where the computer starts with 6 or so gravelocks and the win condition is to clear the board (NOT to destroy idols).

As a result, the AI's deck only has enchantments and other spells in it (I think). It uses them fairly conservatively unless you kill everything but the Outcast at which point it starts buffing the Outcast's health like crazy and healing it every turn. Its health only got as far as 12 though so I was still able to beat it by just doing that much damage in a single turn. Still, it's enough to give you a preview of what a deck designed around the concept could do. You could try your deck against it if you want to teach the AI a lesson. :p