All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently August 12th, 2020, 23:49

Post subject: Decay deck?
PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 18:12 
Infantryman

In-game name: Paprika2215
Ugh... Okay, thia is embarrassing to admit, but just a moment ago I accidentally deleted my recently-obtained Decay starter deck. I can't believe how I could've been such a klutz! :?

Still, I checked the deckbuilder and to my well-founded relief I saw that the scrolls themselves weren't gone. So I can easily put together a Decay starter... if I was aware of which scrolls go into it.

So if anyone who DIDN'T act like a big ignoramus and DIDN'T click on the littke X on each listed deck, could you please drop by your deckbuilder for a second, write down the scrolls, and inform me how this deck is compiled? I'd certainly be very happy if anyone would do that for me! Thx! :D

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Decay deck?
PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 18:25 
Scholar

In-game name: Nenananas
All the starters are on Scrolldier
http://scrolldier.com/deck/71
You're welcome ;)

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 19:20 
Infantryman

Well, well, neighbor! Thx for the info :)

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 19:26 
Infantryman

Nenananas wrote:
You're welcome ;)

I followed the link, however it notified me that it is outdated. Is this correct, or can I simply put this deck together without needing to worry about that? I WOULD want a deck which is up to speed...

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 19:32 
Scholar

In-game name: Cantor
arguably none of the starters are "up to speed" try building the decay deck you think is best with the cards you have!

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 20:53 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Pokingduck
Paprika2215 wrote:
Nenananas wrote:
You're welcome ;)

I followed the link, however it notified me that it is outdated. Is this correct, or can I simply put this deck together without needing to worry about that? I WOULD want a deck which is up to speed...

The reason it says it's outdated is that when the deck was uploaded was during a previous version of the game. In this case, beta version 0.122.0. Because it's a preconstructed deck and hasn't changed at all since then, there should be no problems with it being "outdated," but as Cantor said, none of the starters are super "up to speed" or "competitive." While they are good to get an idea of the faction, you should eventually branch out and try adding cards you like in the faction, while removing scrolls you don't.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 21:53 
Skirmisher

In-game name: Actionholic
If you like Decay you should work towards putting a more competitive Decay deck. Starter deck is more of an overview of what the faction has to offer. Several good ones just scanning really quick:

Watchergeddon Decay by Dialex: http://scrolldier.com/deck/1191 - more of an old school Decay deck.

Undead Decay by Atmaz: http://scrolldier.com/deck/1765

There's a lot of variations and flavors.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 20:40 
Infantryman

In-game name: Hoodedjerk
I am a big Decay fan! So i ll post some decks here but i am tired and i am at work so hold on i ll post soon, i am going to make a biggerpost and post "updated" decks here :D

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 16:13 
Newcomer

Hi,

I like Decay a lot, too. I'm also rather new to the game and built this Undead Control deck by using the scrolls from the starter and both precon Decay decks:

http://scrolldier.com/deck/3386

I haven't used it a lot in PvP yet but until now it worked pretty well, though I do have some changes in mind as soon as my budget allows them^^

PostPosted: March 8th, 2015, 13:18 
Infantryman

In-game name: Hoodedjerk
So here we go :D
As i promised, i am trying to make an overall post from Decay decks :)
Pls dont blame me because i am not playing ranked games, so i am just a Decay fan and i am not a "pro" player :)

The Big :decay Decay :decay Post

As is experienced there are a lot of facttions of decay decks, like Spell based or Spam decks. You can find a lot of Direct Idol Damage decks too. I 'll not post every ( in additionally i can't ) decks just some big factions.

Lets start with my favorite:

:decay Decay Mono :decay

Yes i love Decay so Mono decks contains all what you expects from this type.

First of all you need core cards in this decks. Lets start with Spells and Enchs.
Soul Steal is the most important spell, because it can destroy an enemy unit with 2 health and make you a Mire Shambler, really good start in the beginning! I suggest to put 3 of them in your deck. You can take the controll easily with this card in the beginning.
Damning Curse is an other core card, i think you dont need just 2 of them in your deck, because this card have disadvantages like Taxing and 1 damage to your units. So use it wisely!
I am using Cursed Presence to kill enemies which have lot health with a little damage (Ripper or some posion) but its not necessary in every mono deck, but i love it because its cheap and can be a good suprise attack.
Brain Lice is a great card to slowly take out enemy creatures, but i can be healed out. Additionally if enhanted unit dies y 'll draw a card, also good for taking controll of the board. Its a nice combo with Cursed Presence .
If you like defensive decks, there is Languid, but i am using rarely in my decks because it cant disappear unit, on the other side you can draw 1 card. If you have place in your deck and need some Ench or Spell it worth its price.
Necrogeddon is the most epic cards of all in Decay. I experienced its a very valuable card, in additionall its Rare. A very strong Late-game card but you can use it good if you have the controll and have more units than the opponent. Its a nice finishing move suddenly. I think in decks should not be more as 2, because its a little bit expensive (7 :decay ) and destroy all of you units and substitue with Husk. Best Combo with Watcher.

Okay lets talk about Creatures.
You always need Ripper, Harvester, Lifestealer and Rot Eater in your deck. They are core cards.
Decay Mono uses Humans and Undeads too. If you use more Undeads you can put there Flesh Animator, but if you use more Humans then i suggest to put Ilmire Witch Doctor.
In defensive decks put Ilmire Tribesman and Oblivion Seeker. Seeker can be good if you havent got any "card drawing" cards.
If you have less Creatures in your deck use Cursemonger, Blightbearer, Mudo Fighter or Loyal Darkling to protect or attack.
I am using Oum Lasa High Guard, Ilmire Hunter or Irva, Voice of the Dead in my decks, because they are really strong. Irva is better in Undead based decks, feel free to make your own decisions.

Structures
There are not so much Structures in Decay but there are important ones. In Mono you can use Watcher, Anima Conduit (if you have lot of Creatures) and Scavenger Construct. The Construct can be enchanted with Animovore and it 'll help you to draw cards if you need some, but it need Creatures to "eat".
If you need more more defense i can suggest Bitter Root to protect your owns, its cheap and make them poisoned.
Anima Conduit and Irva is a great combo.

Try to make your first deck and test, keep updated. New cards 'll come!
This type of Decay is cheaper than Undead or Late-game.

There is an old example deck, made by Blinky: http://scrolldier.com/deck/3256 (Outdated!)

I had enough for today, but i ll update this post with Poison and Late-Game. and may with some fun decks.