Yes 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Tidal Faction
PostPosted: July 8th, 2015, 01:51 
Vanguard

In-game name: LycaNinja
Myself and TheClockwork were working on this awhile back, but I forgot about it and have been busy, so I figured I'd let everyone see what we created to get feedback.

Basically this faction is about delaying tactics with big juicy creatures and such with an overarching theme of water.

Anyways, here's a link to what we did so far: The Tidal Faction
  Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Tidal Faction
PostPosted: July 8th, 2015, 10:30 
Spearman

In-game name: Glitheron
It's a good idea. I did'nt like Charge, but the other terms are neat. I love shroud and Ingrain, occult seems a little overpowered.
I'm not sure about the wolf subtype. It seems clearly Growth to me. Following a nautic theme, maybe rats (little critters to stall your opponent while your bigger threats are in the works...) or even undead (there are skeletons or similar in every pirate tale) are more apropiated.
Pillage and Piercing sounds more Energy than Tidal, so I'll drop piercing (since pillage makes a lot of sense in this faction).

Since you want to create a "naval" subtheme, why not introduce Ships? An example:

Corsair Ship. Cost: 4
Structure - Ship
1/2/3
* Lobber: 1 tile
When Corsair Ship Countdown is 0, you can summon a Swift Raider on a random adjacent tile. If you don't, Corsair Ship is moved to a random adjacent tile before it attacks.

Post subject: Re: Tidal Faction
PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 16:26 
Vanguard

In-game name: LycaNinja
Glitheron wrote:
It's a good idea. I did'nt like Charge, but the other terms are neat. I love shroud and Ingrain, occult seems a little overpowered.
I'm not sure about the wolf subtype. It seems clearly Growth to me. Following a nautic theme, maybe rats (little critters to stall your opponent while your bigger threats are in the works...) or even undead (there are skeletons or similar in every pirate tale) are more apropiated.
Pillage and Piercing sounds more Energy than Tidal, so I'll drop piercing (since pillage makes a lot of sense in this faction).

Since you want to create a "naval" subtheme, why not introduce Ships? An example:

Corsair Ship. Cost: 4
Structure - Ship
1/2/3
* Lobber: 1 tile
When Corsair Ship Countdown is 0, you can summon a Swift Raider on a random adjacent tile. If you don't, Corsair Ship is moved to a random adjacent tile before it attacks.

What's wrong with Charge? How is Occult overpowered?

Wolves in this set are Arctic Snow like wolves, which is a secondary theme besides Water itself.

Undead could work, but I don't wanna enter the PotC area and I don't want three color rat decks.

Piercing is only on one scroll so far, Ice Baroness, which is meant to be able to hit Pillage often enough for its effect to trigger.