All times are UTC + 1 hour

It is currently June 18th, 2019, 05:57

Post subject: [solved] scrolls launcher stuck downloading in a loop
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 03:41 
Newcomer

hello everyone

I've signed up at Mojang and wanted to play the Scrolls demo.

The launcher says "play. update available" and when I click that the button turns into "dowloading. update available" and a loading bar starts to load.

It goes all the way pretty smoothly and somehow stays stuck at 100 %.

I decided to just wait regardlessly, because the button still says "downloading". Strangely, the amount of bytes left indicating zero, in the bottom right corner, seems to jump in the fraction only in the blink of an eye into a negative amount, like -123 bytes.

I've just upgraded to windows 10 and have had multiple odd and unexpected difficulties.

When I checked later to see if anything had changed, the button said "play. update available" again as if nothing happened, and the thing started over when I clicked it.

Then I disabled my windows defender and let it run again while recording it with the hefty game bar.

Currently it is at 100% and still nothing happened. I can upload the videos, but I hoped to get some explanaition right away.

thnks

Update:

The solution came at around the fifth or sixth time. I noticed how the launcher seemed to load quicker each try, definately the last try, but it can be my imagination

the solution is to run the launcher, antivirus and firewall turned off, and before loading it, uncheck full screen mode. That's when it almost immediately started the game.
  Profile Send private message