Visit the forums Visit the wiki
Scrolls Beta Release Date
Author: kbasten
Date: Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:38 PM Views: 3502

Beta release date

Image

Good day to you Scrolldiers!

After little over two years of development, the seemingly impossible has happened. Mojang set a rough release date for the Scrolls beta. This is the point where all of you eager to play the game can finally purchase it.

While there's not an exact date yet, the new time indication is way more accurate than "before this year's end" we had heard before. Of course as we've said a million times before, delaying the game for such a long time will only result in an awesome game with more features and better gameplay overall.

The new release date is set for.... the end of April! Of course as time progresses, we will keep you updated with a more accurate date once one is known. This should give you a good indication though, for when to clear your schedules :)

Now that's out of the way, there's still a chance to win an alpha key! Compete with your fellow Scrolldiers for one of the five keys.

See you all at the end of April, in-game!
Comments
ArkantheawesomeThu 21 Mar, 2013 5:47 PM
It's about time !! :D
Crucherx2Thu 21 Mar, 2013 5:55 PM
yeah, cant wait anymore^^
VorpalSmilodonThu 21 Mar, 2013 8:36 PM
For those of you who missed the alpha, I just got in and let me tell you two things: A) the game is great fun B) you're not really missing out on the alpha at this point because the anticipation of the scroll-wipe at the beginning of beta takes the fun out of collecting scrolls
KyradisThu 21 Mar, 2013 8:51 PM
that article you linked doesn't seem like a very reliable source for announcing a release date, I've learned to NEVER listen to any release dates unless it comes from the game company themselves. is there any kind of mojang confirmation for this?
kbastenThu 21 Mar, 2013 8:56 PM
Kyradis wrote:

LordopoThu 21 Mar, 2013 9:19 PM
HUZZAH. It's a great announcement to end my spring break. :D
fomtgThu 21 Mar, 2013 11:08 PM
Woah, great news! Thanks for sharing!
I'm so excited that the player base becomes bigger! :P
Beau2Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:24 PM
Awesome News! "seemingly impossible has happened" Indeed :D
NeereusFri 22 Mar, 2013 7:39 AM
Kyradis wrote:

I don't even trust it when it does come from the game company themselves. :P

Great news though!
HaloKnowItAllFri 22 Mar, 2013 8:05 AM
WOO! I can't wait all the new people and the scroll wipe will make everyone have the same card based advantage!
KyradisFri 22 Mar, 2013 11:17 PM
Neereus wrote:
Kyradis wrote:

I don't even trust it when it does come from the game company themselves. :P

Great news though!

most companies are pretty good now about living up to release dates if they actually make an official announcement about it. that's why I'm a little hesitant in trusting a 3rd party because they are more willing to push it back if they don't come out and say it themselves.