Visit the forums Visit the wiki
Scrolls Modloader spoiler
Author: Acidjib
Date: Tue 11 Jun, 2013 9:10 PM Views: 16187

Hello Scrolldiers, Something has been brewing in our special cauldron and it won't give you food poisoning! Today we are throwing a few little surprises at you, to prepare you for the forthcoming awesome. Think of it what you will, but expect to see more in the upcoming weeks.


Image



Image
That's right, replays!

Comments
MalachiaTue 11 Jun, 2013 9:34 PM
Oh my god!
Scrolls client will support importing deck lists from the scrollsguide deck builder? D: that would be awsome!
carvine1Tue 11 Jun, 2013 9:55 PM
Malachia wrote:
Oh my god!
Scrolls client will support importing deck lists from the scrollsguide deck builder? D: that would be awsome!

Exact same response. And replays as well!... XD
scottystreetTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:02 PM
Nice. This looks really good. Definitely something that's needed.

Any chance of a technical explanation?
JandusfrenskisTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:04 PM
omgomgomgomg Replays! :'D
thranqTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:13 PM
That's an awesome feature! Can't wait for it to be released :D
kbastenTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:17 PM
scottystreet wrote:
Nice. This looks really good. Definitely something that's needed.

Any chance of a technical explanation?

This will come with the full release a few weeks from now.
BarleyBeastTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:24 PM
Replays you say?

Trying to hold my excitement....cannot contain.
TrisongsTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:26 PM
so will this mod be able to have other creaters creat there mods like a reskin of a unit? Or is it a standalone mod
kbastenTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:28 PM
Trisongs wrote:
so will this mod be able to have other creaters creat there mods like a reskin of a unit? Or is it a standalone mod

Other people will of course be able to develop mods, there is a full api spec with which you can do so. It should be possible to change skins as well but it takes a little more work.
scottystreetTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:44 PM
kbasten wrote:
scottystreet wrote:
Nice. This looks really good. Definitely something that's needed.

Any chance of a technical explanation?

This will come with the full release a few weeks from now.


Nice.
MudkipGuyTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:51 PM
kbasten wrote:
Other people will of course be able to develop mods, there is a full api spec with which you can do so. It should be possible to change skins as well but it takes a little more work.


I am officially excited. Hopefully I can make some cool stuff for this once it rolls out.
4RobatoTue 11 Jun, 2013 10:53 PM
Very nice features but… This is a mod, right? What exactly means and what are their consequences? Because I understand a mod like the files that modify the client and… that would not be a problem with the game updates?
AntTue 11 Jun, 2013 11:17 PM
As a modder I'm very excited for this, specifically I'm hoping that we'll be able to create new game modes/rules/etc. I'd love to create some wacky/intense rulesets or boards.

Any hint if we'll get that level of access, or will the modding will be more superficial and client-sided, like the deck importer?
DrakulixTue 11 Jun, 2013 11:47 PM
Hey to everybody from the framework creator.

I'll try to answer some questions, but for some stuff it is simply to early to talk about.

4Robato wrote:
Very nice features but… This is a mod, right? What exactly means and what are their consequences? Because I understand a mod like the files that modify the client and… that would not be a problem with the game updates?

I have designed that whole project with that in mind. You should barely have to do any version management, etc. I try to detect Incompatibilities of any type and work around that, especially for updates.

Ant wrote:
As a modder I'm very excited for this, specifically I'm hoping that we'll be able to create new game modes/rules/etc. I'd love to create some wacky/intense rulesets or boards.

Any hint if we'll get that level of access, or will the modding will be more superficial and client-sided, like the deck importer?

Modding will be client-side, we have no official support by mojang.
However of course you can create some kind of unranked client-sided game modes, if you are creative with the framework provided and have enough time for such a though task. However I hope people will create framework like client-side game modes on top of the modding framework in the future.
AntTue 11 Jun, 2013 11:55 PM
Ah I see. I was thinking there might have been some support on Mojang's side for this. Must be a lot of effort on your end then.

Thanks.
NiaumTue 11 Jun, 2013 11:55 PM
:shock::o:D


That is all.
plop46polpTue 11 Jun, 2013 11:57 PM
What is this amazingness?!
AntWed 12 Jun, 2013 12:19 AM
Followup question: Is this related to your Enhancer plugins? I looked at those and the sources were nice and clean.
DrakulixWed 12 Jun, 2013 12:38 AM
Ant wrote:
Followup question: Is this related to your Enhancer plugins? I looked at those and the sources were nice and clean.


Not anymore because those sources are outdated and a proxy is not giving enough control over the game to inject any UI stuff or similar.

However you can see it as spiritual successor. The code is entirely different and more complex, however I tried to keep it as clean as possible.
I will write some documentation and do some video-tutorials once it is done. It is quite easy, once you did the first steps, but those are a bit uncommon.
Spooky2Wed 12 Jun, 2013 1:54 AM
Importing decklists and replays are both great features to add. Nice work!
popeWed 12 Jun, 2013 4:59 AM
Well, a replay-function is really cool. Good work!
VaricusWed 12 Jun, 2013 11:07 AM
Very nice work. This should be officially included into Scrolls. I wondererd what did happen to the Scrolls Enhancer, and it is good to know that its spiritual successor is much more powerful. Imagine all the possibilities! Spectator mode, friends list, organized ingame tournaments, ingame drafting (given you have the scrolls), ...
It will be awesome!
CrypticBroodzWed 12 Jun, 2013 12:24 PM
Very Very Very happy with this...keep up the good work!
DrakulixWed 12 Jun, 2013 2:13 PM
Varicus wrote:
Very nice work. This should be officially included into Scrolls. I wondererd what did happen to the Scrolls Enhancer, and it is good to know that its spiritual successor is much more powerful.

Well to be honest, it did just die, because of disinterest from myself in that project, after I realized how limited it was.

Varicus wrote:
Imagine all the possibilities! Spectator mode, friends list, organized ingame tournaments, ingame drafting (given you have the scrolls), ...
It will be awesome!

Some of them are already planned. ;)