Visit the forums Visit the wiki
Scrolls Test Changelog 0.113.4 (client 114)
Date: Tue 4 Feb, 2014 5:39 PM Views: 14790

Test Changelog 0.113.4

Hi All :)

The next batch of scrolls is now on the test server.

Features
- Added a "Did you know?" box to the login screen.

Scrolls
- Added 27 new scrolls (leaving two that are not yet ready for the test server).
- Warding Stone now removes attacking token units.
- Stitcher's active ability button now says "Stitch".
- Crimson Bull (Growth) now costs 3, up from 2.
- Kinfolk Veteran (Growth) now has 3 Health, down from 4.
- Necrogeddon (Decay) now costs 7, up from 6.

Miscellaneous
- Judgement now uses fixed Rarity rows: 14% Rare, 29% Uncommon, 57% Common. This is close to perceived distribution when playing with two colors in the old system (18%, 29%, 52%).

New Traits/Abilities

- Unique: Spawning a Unique destroys previous Uniques with the same name.

- Surge: When this spell is cast, all remaining resources of its type are spent. The surge value is equal to the amount spent.

The Scrolls:

Blightseed

Malevolent Gaze

Festering Freak

Arhart's Disciple

Corpus Collector

Image

We'll update these if and when changes are made.

Thanks

The SG Team
Comments
SmoganTue 4 Feb, 2014 5:50 PM
Love these Scrolls! I feel like now there are so many directions to go with every faction. I'll be working especially hard to build a Big E Control deck that isn't too reliant on structures.

Growth thinks it can Quake me? Well I'll Quake YOU!!!!! (Sudden Eruption)
sitenukerTue 4 Feb, 2014 5:59 PM
Nuru's synergy with Watcher might be a little bit too much but all the Champion's are pretty insane. It's difficult to tell what's going to be OP as they all seem OP.

By contrast, why does Nuru's Needle cost 3? Terrible card! Damning Curse costs only :decay1 more to kill something outright.
NenananasTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:00 PM
Champions are awesome :D and it's time for a bunny deck :) Prisoners of War seems interesting
13ThirteenTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:03 PM
What is up with the text running off the cards, and what is Surge? And does "Unique" mean just one allowed on the table or per deck?
fanjostrikeTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:04 PM
So many crazy things.... which is awesome :[
flamerageTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:20 PM
MOJANG, you lie. There are 4 new keywords, not three. But thanks for more variety, I must look at the new scrolls!
noHeroTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:22 PM
top reaver thea:
pillage: increase current energy by x?
pillage is triggered whenever the unit attacks an idol.
it doesnt make sense. if it attacks, the round is over ( except with supercharged). or will the enery be added in the next round?
LahoPaaTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:26 PM
I'm not sure about the random damage dealt by Sudden Eruption. It can be really frustrating for both players whenever the hit is perfect/horrible.
Same with Nuru, but the husks are at least somewhat controllable. The synergy with them dying with a Harvester or Rot Eater on the board seems a little op though.
NenananasTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:28 PM
Only 6 Energy and Order scrolls (Stifled Advance already exists :p ) so I can't wait to see the :D
cashfloTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:30 PM
Wow, amazing new scrolls. I like them.
But the first Champion Cay seems realy overpriced.
AronTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:30 PM
noHero wrote:
top reaver thea:
pillage: increase current energy by x?
pillage is triggered whenever the unit attacks an idol.

It's next round. It actually says that on the card (or should do), but for some reason the passive rule texts aren't word wrapped on the client that took the screenshots.
SpiffyDrewTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:37 PM
Holy moly...these scrolls are going to need a LOT of testing...possibilities are endless and each faction got tons of awesome stuff!

And...I love the nerfs. They were all needed and I hope everyone stops complaining about veteran.
ThePurplePanzyTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:38 PM
The bunny meta is changing
NenananasTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:42 PM
cashflo wrote:
Wow, amazing new scrolls. I like them.
But the first Champion Cay seems realy overpriced.

I thought it was the strongest one, because it can't be targeted by spells :) I wouldn't want to summon one of the other champions and get hit by a Violent Dispersal or Damning Curse (maybe even a Pushback) next turn :s
TrivialTurtleTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:54 PM
I can't even explain how overwhelmingly happy I am about these scrolls and their freaking art!
valhallaTue 4 Feb, 2014 6:58 PM
What does surge do?
SquiddyTue 4 Feb, 2014 7:02 PM
Okay, these are some great scrolls.
What exactly is "surge" though?

If I can find a decent enough mic, I might just record my impressions of the new scrolls instead of typing up a mega post.

Ah, I think I know what "surge" is:

Surge is the remaining amount of energy you have.
LahoPaaTue 4 Feb, 2014 7:07 PM
Surge sacrifices your remaining energy. Meaning if you have 6 energy left and play Vicious Strike, the buff will be 5 and you lose all energy.

At least that is how I understood it from what others are saying, haven't tried it myself (pls gibe test server acces :mrgreen: )
lavahothandTue 4 Feb, 2014 7:10 PM
Quote:

Surge probably means you can pay as much resources as you want for the X value of the card.

and IMO I think growth comes out with a disadvantage in this set. Along with the nerfs, and other factions seeming to get stronger scrolls.
alsaviTue 4 Feb, 2014 7:25 PM
Variety seems to be there. Good.

Please take care of avoiding scrolls text to go over the central area, it is not nice when the end of a phrase is on the right border: it shall always remain inside the grey lines.

What is surge? My guess: it is the number of mana used above the basic cost. E.g. If the scrolls cost 2 and 'X' is the damage done, if you play it paying 5 you do 3 damages.
TrivialTurtleTue 4 Feb, 2014 7:31 PM
alsavi wrote:
Variety seems to be there. Good.

Yea, a bit like "Kicker" in mtg
SquiddyTue 4 Feb, 2014 8:07 PM
Couple of thoughts on the current scrolls changes:

- Crimson Bull (Growth) now costs 3, up from 2.

Ouch, this will really hurt Crimsongeddon decks.

- Kinfolk Veteran (Growth) now has 3 Health, down from 4.

In a way, I can get behind this change, because it makes the Sis of Bear more powerful.

- Necrogeddon (Decay) now costs 7, up from 6.

Yeah, I'm okay with this, because I usually go high resource when I play Decay, but it will reduce the effectiveness of Watchergeddon (which I'm okay with).
Eman1159Tue 4 Feb, 2014 8:17 PM
Why do I feel like Ash Runner is going to be my new favorite scroll xD
EntropicmasterTue 4 Feb, 2014 8:25 PM
Wooo! I am soo stoked! The unique creatures look awesome!

I love the art on Outcast Rebel....