It is a limited format, i.e. players don't use their collection of scrolls in Judgement matches. Instead, they create a bespoke deck from a random selection and use it for up to six competitive matches. In Judgement matches, players can always sacrifice for Wild and idols have 6,8,10,8,6 Health.
Players select one scroll from rows of four until they have a total of 35. The process of picking scrolls this way is called drafting. A scroll cannot appear more than once in the same row. After picking 35 scrolls, players build a deck using at least 30 of them in a dedicated deck builder which only shows scrolls previously picked.
Once the deck is saved, it can be viewed in the Deck Options selection of the Judgement menu. Judgement decks are either destroyed after five wins or two losses, meaning they can be used for up to six matches.
Players can only own one Judgement deck at a time, but they can discard it before having played all matches. If they do so, they still earn rewards (as if remaining matches were defeats).
Judgement has a unique modifier applied to scrolls during the drafting process that eliminates certain scrolls entirely and reduces the occurrence of others. Below, you can find a list of all scrolls with modified occurrence chances.
0% (never occur)
Players get no gold at the end of games, but they collect rewards when all Judgement matches are completed or when they withdraw their deck. Then a special screen allows them to pick their rewards from the list of scrolls they played in the deck. Scrolls that were picked for the initial 35 scrolls but weren't included in the deck can't be chosen.
Rewards are based on the number of matches a player won with that deck. Below is the prize list for each possible win count.
There are currently six achievements connected with Judgement.
|Achievement||Description / Condition||Reward (Gold)|
|Judgement day||Create your first Judgement deck||100|
|First Judgement win||Win one match with a Judgement deck||100|
|Two Judgement wins||Win two matches with the same Judgement deck||100|
|Three Judgement wins||Win three matches with the same Judgement deck||100|
|Four Judgement wins||Win four matches with the same Judgement deck||100|
|Five out of five||Win five matches with the same Judgment deck||100|
- Jun. 9th, 2015: Judgement was reworked to allow always sacrificing for Wild, adjusting idol health, reducing total scrolls drafted, and applying weighted rarities to some scrolls. 
- Sep. 23rd, 2014: Reverted back to using entirely randomized rarities instead of having fixed rarity rows; increased gold rewards to 2500/1500/1000/500/250/100 (was 1600/1000/800/400/200/100).
- Feb. 25th, 2014: Judgement decks are now destroyed after 5 wins or 2 losses; rows have a certain rarity; the same scroll can no longer appear more than once in the same row; rewards were adjusted; entrance fee was lowered.
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2013/10/the-judgement-update-is-live
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2015/04/test-server-judgement-tweaks
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2015/06/echoes-is-live#more-6362
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2014/09/waypoints-is-live-venture-forth-scrolldiers
|Main menu||Arena • Deck Builder • Crafting • Store • Profile • Friends List|
|Game types||Tutorial • Skirmish • Trial • Quick Match • Ranked Match • Judgement • Challenge • Custom match • Testing Grounds (aborted)|
|Game mechanics||Turn • Damage (Physical • Magic • Poison • Pure) • Death effect • Effect • Randomness • Victory Conditions • Tactics
|Acquiring scrolls||Preconstructed deck • Gold • Shards • Black market • Trading • Scroll Prices|
|Other features||Spectate • Replay • Chat • Achievements • Avatar • Rank • Ranking • Rating • Weekly Winners|
|Miscellaneous||Scrolls (game) • Demo version • Scrolls Database (Test) • Version history (Test) • Test server • Special Events • Lore • Mods • Known bugs|