Use on pages that contain only information about future features
This template is currently used on all pages that include information about future features - even if those are only a very small section of the page. I think it would be better to only use the template if the whole page is about a future feature (e.g. the new scroll pages). I wouldn't use it simply because there's a section about upcoming features. However, I can see that the wording I used in the template implies that it should be used on all pages. I suggest we change it to: This page contains only information about an upcoming scroll or feature that may or may not be included in a future update.
-- Lukigamer 08:28, 17 February 2014 (CET)
- I was also thinking the way we use it in some pages is wrong. However, instead of removing the template from pages whose future contents is only contained in a section, I would rather keep the template but move it to the beginning of the said section. I added a parameter to the template so that the box can say "section" instead of "page". The box is a bit too big for a section message IMO though... :/
- BTW, talking about "future" sections, I think we should avoid to add sub-sections to it, or at least as we are doing now, because section names should be unique. For instance, when adding a "future" section to a page with a section per type of scrolls (C/E/Sp/St), we often add those same headers in the "future" section, so we end up with two "creatures" sections, etc. We could prefix them with "future" (e.g. "future creatures"), but it may look quite ugly. I'd rather suggest not using sub-sections, and use bold text or definition lists (using
:) if categorization is needed.
- -- Fomtg 00:35, 18 February 2014 (CET)
- Thank you for modifying it so we can now use it for sections, too. I think this is a very good solution. However, I'm not too happy with using that class "wikiintro" at all. As you said, the box is too big, and another problem with it is that it has an absolute size, meaning it might not look nice depending on the size of your browser window. This cannot be easily fixed as it uses a background image... So I suggest we create something completely new, which we then can also use for Template:Stub (and maybe Template:Delete).
- -- Lukigamer 16:45, 18 February 2014 (CET)
- Yep ;) Unfortunately I'm not (yet :D) too familiar with CSS, so maybe you could build one?
- -- Lukigamer 18:39, 18 February 2014 (CET)