The Week of Decay
It started on August 26, 2013 as of 0.105 beta release and went until September 1, 2013.
The following bonuses were given during this event.
- Existing players who buy the Decay Preconstructed deck from the store get a free avatar. It doesn't matter if you spend gold or shards, you still get the avatar.
- New players who log into Scrolls get the Decay Preconstructed deck for free. This is in addition to the standard deck you choose the first time you play Scrolls.
- The Just For You section of the store is updated daily and only lists Decay Scrolls!
Mojang also published a few posts about Decay. They took the form of behind-the-scenes interviews of Mojangstas working on Scrolls by Owen Hill (Chief Word Officer).
Below is the list of these posts.
- Jakob and Måns talk Decay
- Mattis talks Decay inspiration
- Junkboy, Henrik and Poi Poi talk arty things
During the event, the scrolls.com website header was regularly updated with Decay-related arts, as shown below.
Mojang reported that this was a successful event since many players bought Decay preconstructed decks.
During that week 6,639 of these decks were sold, 4,334 of which for Shards and 2,305 for gold. Additionally, at the end of the first day, 3,895 were already sold, 2,305 of which for Shards and 1,590 for gold.