Gold, the currency used in Scrolls, was added in Alpha 0.70.0, and can be earned by battling the computer or other players.
You can spend the Gold earned from matches to purchase new scrolls for 100 Gold in the Store (Also added in Alpha 0.70.0). You may also use Gold to purchase scrolls from the ScrollsBot by trading with him in game. As of 0.79a destroying idols will net the player 20 Gold for each in multiplayer, and 10 Gold in battles against bots. As of 0.84a Gold wins were increased by 33% for RobotEasy, RobotMedium increased by 42% and RobotHard increased by 33%
Acquiring Gold from Battles
Every time you complete a battle you will receive a certain amount of Gold. You get the match gold just for taking part, but the victory gold only goes to the victor. You can also get some of the match gold if you Surrender and the match has lasted long enough (currently an unknown time). Note: The values here are all approximations.
- Playing against Easy AI nets you: 20 for completion of the match, 10 per idol destroyed and 30 for the victory.
- Playing against Medium AI nets you: 20 for completion, 10 per idol destroyed and 80 for the victory.
- Playing against Hard AI nets you: 20 for completion, 10 per idol destroyed, and 80-180 for the victory.
- Playing against another player in Multiplayer nets you: 50 for completion, 20 per idol destroyed and 100-200 for the victory.
A multiplier is then added based on the time it took to finish the game. This multiplier increases quickly at the start of the match and gradually slows down as the match goes on (see the graph on the right). There is an optimum match length for the highest Gold acquisition rate (approximately 7 minutes).
- ↑ Scrolls.com - Changelog Scrolls Alpha 0.70 Accessed 2012-01-27.
- ↑ ScrollsFans.com forum post by MansOlson - Posted October 19, 2012 Accessed 2012-01-27.
|Main menu||Arena • Deck Builder • Crafting • Store • Profile • Friends List|
|Game types||Tutorial • Quick Match • Trial • Testing Grounds • Ranked Match • Judgement • Challenge • Spectator Mode|
|Game mechanics||Turn • Damage • Victory Conditions • Tactics
|Acquiring scrolls||Preconstructed deck • Gold • Shards • Trading • Scroll Prices|
|Other features||Chat • Achievements • Avatar • Rank • Ranking • Rating|
|Miscellaneous||Scrolls (game) • Scrolls Database • Version history • Test server • Special Events • Lore • Mods • Known bugs|