The tutorial is a game mode where the player can learn the basic mechanics of the game. It consists in a set of guided matches that each focuses on specific aspects.
The tutorial tab is located under Arena.
The first two tutorials are guided matches where the player learns the basics of the game. In those matches, the player is forced to do certain actions and always wins within a few turns.
- The basics
- Reading scrolls
Contrary to the two tutorials, practice matches have regular rules. To win, the player has to destroy three opponent idols. The player uses a fixed deck, but always has the choice of what to do. This means he could potentially lose the match. Nevertheless, each match focuses on one specific aspect (e.g. using abilities). There's always a tip displayed at the top of the screen.
- Calling Creatures
- Learn the basics of creature stats, and how to play and move them, in this practice match.
- Calling Structures
- Learn how structures work in this practice match. They're immobile, so be careful where you place them!
- Casting Enchantment
- Learn how enchantments work in this practice match. Enchantments are cast on units and stay for one or more turns.
- Casting Spells
- Learn how spells work in this practice match. Spells affect units directly and do not linger on units.
- Using Abilities
- Learn about the basics of abilities in this practice match. Some units have abilities that can be used instead of attacking.
- Learn about the basics of synergies in this practice match. Discover how different kinds of wolves interact!
- Thinking Strategically
- Learn about basic strategies and positioning in this practice match, as well as board control, prioritising units over idols, and the importance of sacrificing.
- Lingering Spells
- Learn about the basics of lingering spells in this practice match. Lingering spells stay active during their Countdown.
- Multi Resources
- Learn about multi resource decks and the Wild resource in this practice match.
There is currently one achievement connected with tutorials.
|Achievement||Description / Condition||Reward (Gold)|
|Respect your elders||Completed the Scrolls tutorial||100|
- June 18th, 2014: The second of the two new tutorials was added to live servers.
- May 27th, 2014: The second of the two new tutorials was added to the test server.
- May 12th, 2014: The first of the two new tutorials was released to live servers.
- Apr. 24th, 2014: The first of the two new tutorials was added to the test server.
- Apr. 7th, 2014: Mojang revealed that the existing tutorial would be replaced by two snappier ones, and unveiled a screenshot of the first one.
- Jan. 28th, 2014: Mojang announced that they would update the tutorial in order to improve the early game experiences for new players.
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2014/06/scrolls-changelog-0-124-starters-sounds-and-more
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2014/05/scrolls-changelog-0-121-wild-medals-and-more
- ↑ http://scrolls.com/2014/04/whats-next-for-scrolls-2
- ↑ http://scrollsdev.tumblr.com/post/74837564839/development-plans
|Main menu||Arena • Deck Builder • Crafting • Store • Profile • Friends List|
|Game types||Tutorial • Skirmish • Trial • Quick Match • Ranked Match • Judgement • Challenge • Custom match • Testing Grounds (aborted)|
|Game mechanics||Turn • Damage (Physical • Magic • Poison • Pure) • Death effect • Effect • Randomness • Victory Conditions • Tactics
|Acquiring scrolls||Preconstructed deck • Gold • Shards • Black market • Trading • Scroll Prices|
|Other features||Spectate • Replay • Chat • Achievements • Avatar • Rank • Ranking • Rating • Weekly Winners|
|Miscellaneous||Scrolls (game) • Demo version • Scrolls Database (Test) • Version history (Test) • Test server • Special Events • Lore • Mods • Known bugs|